The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have some questions about my forum!

+4
kirk
dashey
ExPromotion
LazerBlade
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have some questions about my forum! Empty Have some questions about my forum!

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 1:49 am

Howdy,

I have a few questions, and will post them here and there on this topic.

How do you ban a member from your forum and only let them post in one topic and one topic only (kind of like a time out)?

How do you get your forum up on google, does it cost anything to do this, & how long does it take to get on google, if you can do this?

Well that is all the questions I have right now or that is on my mind right now.

Thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by toysaretoys on November 21st 2009, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Male Posts : 75
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Have some questions about my forum! Empty Re: Have some questions about my forum!

Post by ExPromotion November 20th 2009, 1:50 am

How do you add a new page on your forum (with out a Portal)? HTMl page
ExPromotion

Back to top Go down

Have some questions about my forum! Empty Re: Have some questions about my forum!

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 2:01 am

Could you help me get there? There is a HTML pages management on the Modules page. Is that it? Very Happy
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by dashey November 20th 2009, 2:14 am

you are not allow to post twize consecutive in a period of 24hrs... try the edit tool instead next time so you wont get yelled at.... jk Razz

and yes thats it... just use your html skills to make another page. Its not so hard... if you use the inframes.
dashey
dashey
Forumember

Language : English, spanish and a bit of french

http://yanilicious.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 20th 2009, 2:42 am

for your first question you wont ban them. you will just put them in a group with permissions to only post on designated boards you allow them to.

As far as google it dose not cost anything. the google bots gather information to put in there search engines.. but you have to have a lot of activaity and wait a while befor it will start to show there. you can also add meta tags with key words to help in any search engines.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 2:46 am

Thanks so much kirk. Just, my question was, how do you get your site on google? Thanks
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 5:38 am

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 7:28 am

Thanks zoids25 for your help. I think I did that already, but I still can't find it on google. Are you sure this is the right thing? Do think I need to change or add so more Referencing : metatags?. Thanks! I am here waiting for a reply. Wink
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 7:33 am

after you add that, you will not see the your link after seconds of adding there, you also have to wait, if a google bot will come to your forum, the bot might place it on google, also, your link can be placed on hundred of pages there on the web or located on further pages.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 7:37 am

I added it a few weeks ago. I have had one bot, for a few minutes, and then it disapeared. So you think it is on google, but on a page like 100 or something. Do I need to have more traffic to get it to the first few pages? Thanks again! I am still here. Wink
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 7:41 am

i don't think so, but when i added my forum link there, it came up on 3rd page, the other day 2nd page, the other is on 5th page, so i think it's random depending on how the google bot reads the forum.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 7:47 am

OK! I have this up right now http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl help me out. What link do I put in he URL ( home page etc..)? What do I put in the comment?

Thanks!

I did not put a commant in so maybe that was the prablem!

Very Happy
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 7:48 am

you need to put the website link/url of your forum on the URL and on the comment box, you should put the description of your forum
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 7:50 am

The home page URL? And the forum description should be what kind of theme the forum is or what?.
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 7:56 am

ya,

the description is

example:

A pokemon forum
descrition: a forum for pokemon fans!

just like that.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 8:00 am

OK I did it! :wouhou: Just waiting to see if it will show up on google. Will a bot show up first on my site? Thanks!

P.S. please except my freind request.....please.
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 8:02 am

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 8:16 am

OK, I read that! Just what does this mean?

No, as forumotion does not allow user's to access their database they cannot access the Bot's management.
However, if you want you CAN disallow robot's visiting your site altogether. This is strongly not-recommended as it will decrease your "Google Page Reference" and possibly decrease the number of people visiting the forum.
If you still want to disallow the bot's from visiting, then =>
Navigate to: Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Homepage / Generalities >> Scroll down until you see "Additional meta tags" >> Click the >> Select the default "Create a meta tag type", then fill in the details:
"name" attribute : Robots
"content" attribute : noindex, nofollow

When I do this, I don't see any Additional meta tags! Where and how do I get it?

Also he said this
Note: It may take up to 3 full weeks for your forum to be index on any one of these bot's.
Does this mean I nead to wait?

I also had another question. I have had members ask me this question.

OK, all the staff on "this" forum have this thing under there username. Have some questions about my forum! Aidact10
I was wondering "how could I do this for my forum for my Mods and me the Admin", but with diffrent pictures?

Thanks! Wink

I will be here for 36 more minutes, so I was wanting a answer before I go, if not that is fine, I will check back later.

Last edited by toysaretoys on November 20th 2009, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 20th 2009, 9:20 am

Hello

toysaretoys wrote:OK, I read that! Just what does this mean?

Can I control these bot's?

No, as forumotion does not allow user's to access their database they cannot access the Bot's management.
However, if you want you CAN disallow robot's visiting your site altogether. This is strongly not-recommended as it will decrease your "Google Page Reference" and possibly decrease the number of people visiting the forum.
If you still want to disallow the bot's from visiting, then =>
Navigate to: Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Homepage / Generalities >> Scroll down until you see "Additional meta tags" >> Click the >> Select the default "Create a meta tag type", then fill in the details:

When I do this, I don't see any Additional meta tags! Where and how do I get it?

Also he said this
Note: It may take up to 3 full weeks for your forum to be index on any one of these bot's.
Does this mean I nead to wait?

Thanks! Wink

My apologies about the location of the Meta Tags, they have been relocated since I posted that Guide.
Their new home is at: Admin panel >> General ( Tab ) >> Forum promotion/Search engines > Additional Tags > Add new ( Have some questions about my forum! Ajouter )
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 9:31 am

Thanks so much! I got it! Wink

Select the default "Create a meta tag type", then fill in the details:

So what will this do again?

OK, all the staff on "this" forum have this thing under there username. Have some questions about my forum! Aidact11
I was wondering "how could I do this for my forum for my Mods and me the Admin", but with diffrent pictures?
Thanks!

I will be here for 27 more minutes, so I was wanting a answer before I go, if not that is fine, I will check back later.

Thanks to eberyone that has helped me! Very Happy

Last edited by toysaretoys on November 20th 2009, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 20th 2009, 9:33 am

No problem Wink

It will disallow bots to view your forum.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 9:36 am

disallow what kind of bots? I don't want to google bots to be one of those bots! Oh my god

OK, all the staff on "this" forum have this thing under there username.
Have some questions about my forum! Aidact11
I was wondering "how could I do this for my forum for my Mods and me the Admin", but with diffrent pictures?Thanks!

I will be here for 27 more minutes, so I was wanting a answer before I go, if not that is fine, I will check back later.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me!
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 9:45 am

the bots will not be disallowed thus they will be hiding when they are on your forum

they are called ranks, try reading this> https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/user-ranks-t16692.htm
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 9:51 am

THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! You guys are so wonderful. I am smiling really big. Very Happy Thanks!
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 9:59 am

I got it, but it does not show up. If it does show up, doesn't it show up on the posts they post, right?

Thanks! Smile
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 20th 2009, 10:01 am

Hello, please don't double post unless separated by 24 hour period, please use the EDIT button, thanks

It will show up on posts.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 20th 2009, 5:38 pm

toysaretoys.
Please do not use bold text and or colors as they are reserved for staff use only. thank you
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 20th 2009, 10:32 pm

How do I delete it?
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc November 20th 2009, 10:53 pm

toysaretoys wrote:How do I delete it?
There is a icon but it quickly disappears if someone else posts.

Have some questions about my forum! Suppri12

If you would like to know how to delete user ranks, there is a "X" icon when you navigate :

AP=>Users & Groups Tab=>Ranks=>Rank Administration

The icon looks like this :

Have some questions about my forum! Supprimer
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by LazerBlade November 21st 2009, 8:22 am

I will try to stay away from posting 2 times in a row!

I still nead a few questions answered!

How do you make a member from your forum only be able to post in one topic and one topic only (kind of like a time out)?

I still can't find my site on google. Why? I nead it on google real soon! Could someone that really knows how to do this or knows why I can't get it up, Please help?

Thanks Very Happy
LazerBlade
LazerBlade
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next