The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Suggestion re Colour Editing

3 posters

Go down

A Suggestion re Colour Editing Empty A Suggestion re Colour Editing

Post by hannahl3 February 2nd 2010, 1:41 pm

I, no doubt like many others, like to make subtle changes to the colouring of my forum and its text from time to time.
The problem as I see it, in Display>>Colurs, is that some of the descriptions of the possible edits are a little vague - for eg Background 1, 2, 3, link, visited link, active link, title font, main font, code font, columns header colour, bodyline colour, and so on. Quite often you can be editing what you suppose is correct, and on going to the forum you'll see that something unexpected has happened on an internal page and the editing has to be re-done again.
Would it not be possible to have a view-list of what is going to be edited if you play with each field, a little along the lines of the Display>>Pics Management page?
hannahl3
hannahl3
Forumember

Female Posts : 154
Language : English

Back to top Go down

A Suggestion re Colour Editing Empty Re: A Suggestion re Colour Editing

Post by Jalokim February 2nd 2010, 6:18 pm

I'd like to help you... but exactly for those reasons I don't use the basic css or the color editing.

Its way better to disable the colors menu and leave only your standard CSS.
Sure its not as simple as clicking a few boxes with colors... but editing the CSS directly is far more secure and it changes only what you want changed.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahl3 February 2nd 2010, 7:52 pm

Point taken - But consider those new arrivals that have no interest in going into reams of code, or those new arrivals that have no intention of visiting this forum and have no idea what the basic colour editor is capable of.

In fact, a properly laid out instruction section on the page itself, might even tempt more users into starting their own forums once they realise that they are not stuck with basic template layouts and colours
hannahl3
hannahl3
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles February 2nd 2010, 11:22 pm

I would suggest that you make the suggestion with a poll in the Suggestion forum. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahl3 February 3rd 2010, 12:26 pm

Yeah, just checked out the suggestions section, and it looks like not many people go in there.
I'll put one in and see what happens
hannahl3
hannahl3
Forumember

Back to top Go down