The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook connect optimization!

+19
TagListed
Dancing Bear
Cody!
D
Cap'n' Clutch
Thomas.Elkins
Aslinn Dhan
DR@KE
mato173
felicity4us2
Cikgu X
bigugly11
Justece
DanDanUK
MrMario
SLGray
adminplpl
TheListener_
Shadow
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 Empty Facebook connect optimization!

Post by Shadow January 18th 2011, 5:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dear users,

In continuation of our efforts to offer intuitive, secure and cutting edge technology, we performed an optimization for option "Facebook Connect". That, in order to improve the functioning and security of your forums.

Now a new field in connection with this application and called "Secret Key" made its appearance in your admin panel> Modules>> Facebook Connect

If you are an administrator of the forum, two cases:

1. You have activated the system "Facebook Connect" on your forum: In this case, to retrieve your secret key, simply log on the facebook account with which you created the application and then go to the page " My Applications "and copy / paste the secret key corresponding to the application facebook connect you created for your forum.

2. You never activated the system "Facebook Connect" on your forum: in this case is very simple. The secret key is provided immediately after creating the application.

Note that in order to take advantage of this optimization, admins that have changed the template index_body must take into account the change below:

Replace :

Code:
onlogin=facebook_login()'

by :

Code:
onlogin=window.location='/facebook_connect.forum'

See you soon for fresh news!

Forumotion team

Last edited by Typlo on January 20th 2011, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook connect optimization!

Post by bigugly11 March 2nd 2011, 1:18 pm

bigugly11 wrote:
bigugly11 wrote:
bigugly11 wrote:
DR@KE wrote:Working for me : http://discoteque.to-relax.net/

Still does not work for me!Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 41010

http://easttnforum.forumotion.com/

It is semi-working for me....now it tells me it is not working....an error has occurred & try again later!!!! Before when I clicked on the "F login button" it did Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 1100 absolutely nothing.

These questions are not meant to be rhetorical.... they just seems that way because I can not think of an answer.

So, I would appreciate help with questions!

Is problem caused by....Facebook connect optimization on http://easttnforum.forumotion.com/ ?
Or is the problem caused by my Facebook account?

Below is an image of the error...
Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 2011-010

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Since no caps or bold letters are allowed...... Attention!....Attention!....Attention!....my "FB Login Button" appears to work...Now!

It appears that I have solve my problem and the "FB login button"....@....http://easttnforum.forumotion.com/

If someone could and would try it and post a "yes it does for me" or a "no not does not for me" on this forum.....maybe the information can help someone with the same problem!

Thanks,
Bigugly11

Oh, almost forgot...Embarassed...I had to get a New....App ID: & App Secret:...numbers to make the "FB Login Button" work!
bigugly11
bigugly11
Forumember

Male Posts : 102
Language : english
Location : Half way up a mountain in the Tennessee National Forrest!

http://easttnforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook connect optimization!

Post by Cody! March 3rd 2011, 5:56 am

I like that, thanks !
Cody!
Cody!
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : Spanish and English

http://www.tuforoparawebmasters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear March 12th 2011, 12:43 pm

SOLVED!!!

I am having Big trouble.. Can anyone help me please!!..
I got the APP ID text messaged to me, via Mobile phone... i placed that in the box provided in the admin area... Underneath that it asks for
"Facebook secret code" Where do i get this?

For some reason when i clicked on link that takes me to go get App ID..
It changed to a different page???
I followed instructions and this time it worked..
I have no idea what happened the first time..
It asked to enter Mobile Phone or Credit card.
I def was not going to give credit card.

Last edited by Dancing Bear on March 12th 2011, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem solved!!)
Dancing Bear
Forumember

Language : English

http://psychicwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TagListed March 24th 2011, 11:32 pm

I tried it and it works great. Of course you have to know how to do it but if you find out its working.

Thanks for this one :wouhou:
TagListed
TagListed
Forumember

Male Posts : 81
Language : Dutch, English

http://www.taglisted.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tommymiranda11 April 5th 2011, 9:43 pm

I did all of this - one abstraction - I put the encipher they gave me in a widget - where it looks major and members bang it, but the writing is running part the plateau of the widget.
tommymiranda11
tommymiranda11

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by lottostarwintip April 8th 2011, 9:48 pm

I try to create the APP and get this error.

URL must point to a directory (i.e., end with a '/') or a dynamic page (i.e., have a '?').

What am I doing wrong?.
any one can mention about this? i try add url of my site but error.....
Thanks
lottostarwintip

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by rieyna168 April 26th 2011, 2:21 pm

i want to ask about this app. When i want proceed create my application on Facebook by clicking here:
My account must be verified before can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your Mobile phone or credit card.

I got problem when click mobile phone ->page not found but when i click credit card & enter my password, system ask me to fill my credit card. I want to ask, have pay or not when using this app? how much? why i need to complete my credit card detail? i dont have any credit card.
rieyna168
Forumember

Language : malay

Back to top Go down

Post by anggeri May 17th 2011, 1:50 pm

I want to ask how promoted his own way in the forum
guitar Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352 Facebook - Facebook connect optimization! - Page 2 174352
anggeri

Language : inggris

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2