The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have a bit of a problem here

+7
kirk
Spice♥
Sanket
TwaMinako
Mike
Unforgiven Pretender
Kimo Force
11 posters

Go down

We have a bit of a problem here Empty We have a bit of a problem here

Post by Kimo Force May 13th 2011, 10:15 pm

http://www.toonworldacademy.com/forum
A user has taken control over the founder account and has demoted all the staff members. We are unable to reach him at all. He has changed the founder account to K!RA. The hacker will probably try to defend himself, so please, do not listen. He goes by the names Shane, Durzo Blint, Hazama, Maximillion Pegasus (original name founder account), or K!RA (founder account). We ask of you to strip the account from him and ban his IP for the safety of the website.
Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Male Posts : 11
Language : English

http://toonworldacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

We have a bit of a problem here Empty Re: We have a bit of a problem here

Post by Unforgiven Pretender May 13th 2011, 10:45 pm

As one of TWA's admins, I confirm this message.
This has gone beyond our control, we need your help.
Unforgiven Pretender

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 10:45 pm

Contact Mr.Mario or Typhlo

EDIT have you tried logging into the account? Is anyone an admin? Get them to disable the forum until its done
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 13th 2011, 10:48 pm

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2r5b9e8&s=7

I was an admin until he got a hold of our founder account. He is threatening to delete our forum. Is there anyway I can confirm who I am?

EDIT: I tried pming Mr.Mario but it won't let me pm because of a post limit or something. Any other way I can contact him?

Last edited by Sanket on May 14th 2011, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
TwaMinako
TwaMinako

http://toonworldacademy.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 10:55 pm

It wont matter if he clicks Delete, because the founder will have to log into his/her email address to confirm deletion, which the hacker cannot do. You need to have 2 posts to contact Mr. Mario.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 13th 2011, 10:57 pm

Actually he got the founder account from this site using the recover founder thing. Thank you for telling me.

Last edited by Sanket on May 14th 2011, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
TwaMinako
TwaMinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 10:57 pm

I dont know how he would of done that, because I think you need to pm a staff member to get the password.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimo Force May 13th 2011, 11:00 pm

Thanks for your help. We'll do whatever we can.
Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 11:01 pm

Contact either of the admins and tell them that you have a hacked account and they should be able to get it back. If any of you can get into the admin panel do a forum backup.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 13th 2011, 11:07 pm

What happened is this. Our founder left the forum ages ago. An admin removed all of the staff and did the post where someone claims the founder account and the other staff members confirm with just the two of them. He then got ahold of the account by pretending to be the admin through email, deleted that admin and basically took over. He was a member of our staff. When we told him he was out of line and refused to go with his take over he went nuts.

TwaMinako
TwaMinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 11:09 pm

so it's a forumotion insecurity error? and the guy was impersonating to be someone else?
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 13th 2011, 11:12 pm

Basically that's what happened.

Last edited by Sanket on May 14th 2011, 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
TwaMinako
TwaMinako

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike May 13th 2011, 11:14 pm

Okay. Ill leave it to you guys to contact forumotion administrators. Good luck
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 14th 2011, 3:35 am

TwaMinakoBold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice♥ May 14th 2011, 5:44 am

Actually what I've done is legal, I've gotten all the necessary requirements to become the founder. I have ownership of the founder account, there is nothing that you can do. You weren't admins at the time of this request. I made you admins after I took ownership of the founder account.

I was an admin at the time.
Spice♥

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimo Force May 14th 2011, 7:39 am

Don't believe Spice♥; he's the hacker. All this data is modified.
Kimo Force
Kimo Force

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 14th 2011, 7:47 am

Spice♥ wrote:Actually what I've done is legal, I've gotten all the necessary requirements to become the founder. I have ownership of the founder account, there is nothing that you can do. You weren't admins at the time of this request. I made you admins after I took ownership of the founder account.

I was an admin at the time.

What do you mean what you did was legal?
If the original founder never handed the forum over to you and you hacked in and took over,
Then no it's not.. and hackers will get caught and find their butts thrown in jail sooner or latter.

Who is the original founder?

If the original founder gave/handed the forum over to spice then spice is now the owner and can do what they want.

Now if the original founder is still around and can come here and state he never gave the forum over to spice and she/he hacked in the forum.

Then typlo will get it back, hand it back over to the original founder and tell you how to prevent someone trying to do that again.

If it was hacked then it was most likey due to weak password or some sort of neglect of the founder giving info out when he should not.

But who knows, if people can hack governments,banks and other things then of course if a real hacker wanted to get into somewhere they most likely will.. nothing can ever be 100% secure.

But once gain if the original founder handed over the account to spice, then the forum is now theirs and she/he can do basically what they want with it.

info added
I do not understand what the screen shots are supposed prove,
However,As spice mentioned.If an administrator of a forum is Gone for 6 months and abandons the forum.
Then another admin or staff member can take it over,
But,only typlo can do this, so if this is the case and typlo has handed the forum over to spice due to these circumstances, then the forum is now spice and she/he can run it as they wish.

But if typlo never did this, and the original founder never handed it over, then it is a hack.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPiantissimo May 14th 2011, 11:48 am

Well, what happened is that they got the account from forumotion by confirming between the staff, the founder was not involved, all staff other than 2 people was evicted without notice so confirmation was gotten by one person practically, wolf (one of the admins) requested, hazama (one of the MODS) confirmed. And it wasnt even to pass the account to Spice, who's name is Hazama in the academy, but to wolf. Here is the topic https://help.forumotion.com/t90269-founcder-transfer and even the info he himself provided proves that.

There was no hacking involved, kimo has just gotten too used to the word, still they did not do anything sort of legit, they simply tricked forumotion staff into getting the founder account and do as they please.

Once Spice/Hazama got the account this way he has pretty much started disregarding everyone, ban whoever he pleases, stop people from talking back etc. The founder has left but whenever needed, in cases where we needed to restore the site etc. we could simply call him back so there was no need for anyone to have the founder account. All that getting the founder account has accomplished is giving one overambitious member free reign over everything... I mean why would you even do that in a hobby site...

I am Al-Bhed on that forum btw, used to be staff but now I am banned since I disagree with him.
DonPiantissimo

Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

Post by Jokercard May 14th 2011, 1:21 pm

I was an Administrator on TWA when this all started happening, Spice, Hazama, Durzo was never an administrator on TWA, he was only a Moderator he has since tricked Wolf into trying to get the founders password from forumotion and then deleted wolf once he got the founders password from forumotion he has completely changed the site and deleted all members that oppose him, he running around the site like tyrant doing whatever he wants, and using the founders old account to claim it to all be legit. My name on the forum is The Joker, once he finds out the people who are sending messages to forumotion he deletes there accounts to try and disprove them. He is nothing more than a Liar and a thief and forumotion needs to fix the problem that they inadvernetly cause by giving myself or TWAMinako the password to the founders account and deleting durzo/spice/hazama or whatever name he is going by now from all forumotion sites.

At the time they submitted the data the Spice has shown above he had convinced wolf to demote all other staff members so that you would be tricked into thinking that there was only 2 of them as staff when infact there was at 7 of us as staff members but TWAMinako and myself had been demoted from out admin role at the time as well as the 3 other Moderators so that you would believe them and give them the password. NO other staff knew that this was happening and no other staff member would have wanted it too happen, the founder account wasnt need anything that needed to be changed could have been changed with administrators powers the only reason he wanted the founder password was to take over the forum and now he has it and he has done exactly that.
Jokercard

Male Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 14th 2011, 2:35 pm

What DonPiantissimo and Jokercard said are true. Sorry about the color. I won't do it again.
TwaMinako
TwaMinako

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 14th 2011, 8:33 pm

You need to get the original founder to come here and confirm what is exactly happening.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 14th 2011, 9:40 pm

No forumotion staff was not tricked into providing information.
Only Typlo can provide such information for a new founder to take over.
Other then that is seems to be something only typlo can make a decision on how to handle this situation.He will be back on Monday.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPiantissimo May 14th 2011, 10:49 pm

Typlo was pm'd I believe, to my knowledge he was the person they reached to get the account with that confirmation. Anyway, it shouldnt matter anymore, spice/durzo gave up the account, although he deleted several members before doing so but I think there is nothing that can be done about it.
DonPiantissimo

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 14th 2011, 11:25 pm

Who has the forum now? lol
Is everything situated with that now?
Seems like a big mess to me. i can only hope who ever has the founder account is a responsible admin and can take care of any further situations in a professional manner?

As far as the members being deleted all you can do is tell them to re-register. There will be no way to get their accounts back if they were delete.

But if everything is now worked out and remaining staff is happy with the new founder,there was no hacking, and things are now resolved? then i will just lock this thread and move on.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPiantissimo May 15th 2011, 12:04 am

Currently I have the founder account, and I'll be giving it to one of the 2 admins that posted here once I catch them, minako or joker, to resolve the mess, they are trustworthy yes. That would be all I think.

There was never any hacking involved either.

EDIT: When I tried to restore the forum it asks for the pass used at the forum's creation. Did that pass change to the one Typlo provided, or do we need the original one? Is there a way to restore it only having the founder's account without having either pass?
DonPiantissimo

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 15th 2011, 5:07 am

DonPiantissimo wrote:

EDIT: When I tried to restore the forum it asks for the pass used at the forum's creation. Did that pass change to the one Typlo provided, or do we need the original one? Is there a way to restore it only having the founder's account without having either pass?

I really dont know, you guys are going to have to contact typlo and have him fix anything that needs to be changed, i would be sure you know who the new founder is going to be because he not going to keep continuing to do this every time yous may have differences and want to change a founder,

But i am sure once you decide who is going to be the new founder then typlo will take care of it for the new founder.

So just stop back and try to get a hold of him on Monday and when yous know who will be the final new founder/owner of the forum.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TwaMinako May 15th 2011, 3:34 pm

Alright we'll contact typlo. We just want to secure the account and keep this from happening again. Thank you for all of your help kirk and yes you can lock this now.
TwaMinako
TwaMinako

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 15th 2011, 7:39 pm

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186