The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone is hacking my users' accounts

+4
kirk
MrMario
SLGray
Brianman908
8 posters

Go down

Someone is hacking my users' accounts Empty Someone is hacking my users' accounts

Post by Brianman908 December 23rd 2011, 10:36 pm

Someone has been hacking my users' accounts. They're spoofing their IP address. They have numerous IP addresses that all trace to the same location 38 degrees latitude -97 degrees longitude, in Kansas. I've banned all the IP addresses but they keep coming back from a different one. Does anyone know how I could trace their real IP address?
Brianman908
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Someone is hacking my users' accounts Empty Re: Someone is hacking my users' accounts

Post by SLGray December 23rd 2011, 10:50 pm

How are they hacking users' accounts?

Someone is hacking my users' accounts Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Someone is hacking my users' accounts Empty Re: Someone is hacking my users' accounts

Post by MrMario December 23rd 2011, 10:52 pm

Hello,

Sorry nope. The only thing you can do is banned the IP's. You can make user accounts be activated by you only in the user & groups // user options // who can activate accounts // admin
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman908 December 24th 2011, 12:36 am

slg wrote:How are they hacking users' accounts?

I'm not sure. They've gotten on some of my users' profiles and edited their comments and put vulgar stuff, and they changed one of my users' password. I changed the password for them and banned the ip address, but they keep coming back with a different ip. I've banned like 5 or 6 IPs now. They all have the same location. 30 degrees latitude -97 degrees longitude, in Kansas.
Brianman908
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 24th 2011, 12:41 am

Sorry but like MrMario said you have to ban each time they come.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman908 December 24th 2011, 1:27 am

Do you know any way of finding out their ISP?
Brianman908
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 24th 2011, 1:39 am

The only way is to be log in at the same time they visit yout forum and check the first page of the administration panel (bottom right corner). Or if they have post, you can check their IP addresses from the posts.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman908 December 24th 2011, 3:27 am

slg wrote:The only way is to be log in at the same time they visit yout forum and check the first page of the administration panel (bottom right corner). Or if they have post, you can check their IP addresses from the posts.

I can get the ip address that they are using, but I want to find out who their internet service provider is
Brianman908
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 24th 2011, 3:22 pm

Brianman908 wrote:
slg wrote:The only way is to be log in at the same time they visit yout forum and check the first page of the administration panel (bottom right corner). Or if they have post, you can check their IP addresses from the posts.

I can get the ip address that they are using, but I want to find out who their internet service provider is

it should tell you when you check the ip?

Or try one of the free who is domain ip checker.
http://www.whois.sc/

MORE HERE

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman908 December 26th 2011, 6:42 pm

kirk wrote:
Brianman908 wrote:

it should tell you when you check the ip?

Or try one of the free who is domain ip checker.
http://www.whois.sc/

MORE HERE

Well the normal website that checks their ip address info gives an ISP, but it's a different ISP with every address. The proxy site they are using must fake an ISP every time they use it. I'll try that site. thanks for your help
Brianman908
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 26th 2011, 9:09 pm

If hackers are entering your forum address, the best thing is to close the forum for 2 days, the'll stop accesing it anymore and you'll don't meet problems anymore.

So, do it and see the results.

But, make sure that hackers aren't the users who pretend are hacked and they want you to delete the forum because they really want the forum name and domain. It's a classic this.

Do what I said to you and see the results, if it works you'll continue administrating and moderating your forum without any hacking problems.

Take care and good luck!
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Male Posts : 69
Language : Romanian and English.

Back to top Go down

Post by DKL1542 December 26th 2011, 9:31 pm

I think that you must be connected all time and if there's another administrator do the same... Wink
DKL1542
DKL1542
Forumember

Male Posts : 44
Language : Serbo-Croatian

http://gta-yu.usersboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! December 26th 2011, 9:51 pm

I know how to resolve this. He's on 1 host who let's him change his IP. Ban the host.

Example:
12.34.56.*
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 26th 2011, 10:56 pm

If he bans the host, he'll ban lot of people who'll try to acces the forum. If I ban let's say 89.89.89.89, I'll ban all the people with this IP(more than 500+ over the world)

So, it's not recommended.

Try what I said and wait for the results, if there's no change, just do what MrMario said.
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! December 26th 2011, 11:01 pm

No he won't. Understand that there are over 1 million host.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 26th 2011, 11:07 pm

More of the hackers are from Romania, there are just 2 or 3 hosts. So, if he bans 1 host, he'll lose maybe 100 users from Romania.
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! December 26th 2011, 11:11 pm

Can you provide me proof of that?
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 26th 2011, 11:14 pm

I can't find the 25 or 30 sites hacked by a hackers team, a big hackers team from Romania. Big sites!

But, I suggest don't ban any host, you'll lose some users. Every user is important!
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! December 26th 2011, 11:17 pm

I'm not asking for proof of that. I'm asking proof of how you know there are 2 or 3 host in Romania.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 26th 2011, 11:35 pm

Romtelecom
RDS

2 hosts. So, do what I said and maybe there will be good results for you.
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! December 26th 2011, 11:38 pm

I'm pretty sure there's more than that, yet you failed to provide proof.

Just because you can't find no more host doesn't mean there not there.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 27th 2011, 3:24 am

Yeah well i never heard of a hacker just hacking user accounts and not the forum as a whole,
So to me something is just not adding up with this?

tell the users to create new accounts and ban/delete the other accounts.
Be sure they do not share their pass words and also have strong passes as well.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 27th 2011, 10:33 am

I know how they hack users' accounts. It's so simple! Does anyone hear about the keyloggers? With the keyloggers persons can simply find other person's password and it's called ALMOST hacking, because they didn't hack the account, they just saw the password using a hack.

So, kirk, this is why they just hack the accounts, because they use keyloggers and the founder doesn't have any keylogger in his computer so they can't hack his account and then hack the whole forum.
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Musubi December 27th 2011, 4:58 pm

BlaCkMinD wrote:I know how they hack users' accounts. It's so simple! Does anyone hear about the keyloggers? With the keyloggers persons can simply find other person's password and it's called ALMOST hacking, because they didn't hack the account, they just saw the password using a hack.

So, kirk, this is why they just hack the accounts, because they use keyloggers and the founder doesn't have any keylogger in his computer so they can't hack his account and then hack the whole forum.

That's assuming that every single member has the keylogger. I wouldn't really agree with your post Razz
Musubi
Musubi
Forumember

Male Posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaCkMinD December 27th 2011, 5:13 pm

If they download an image, video, everything they can be easily hacked by a keylogger in the image/video.
BlaCkMinD
Forumember

Back to top Go down