The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

+20
RAFAJulie
darjen46
Sandie
markk
D. Dijkstra
peanutsmummy
mr scoops
Darren1
Lucky1
daf1999
Neymar1
Stephen-
Jophy
brandon_g
!_NICK_!
DavidC
Kalliopi
Shadow
SLGray
CruizingComet
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pro Admin (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by CruizingComet March 29th 2012, 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello Hello

If you also have this problem with an user who gets the error message "We have detected suspicious activity related to your account. To unblock it, please click here and complete the form", it means that the antispam system has detected an incompatibility of the username and the IP address.

So, you need to send me by PM the username and the IP address of the user, so that I can try to unlist him from the blacklist. Wink

I remind that this security system was set up to protect your forum and to prevent the invasion of spam from robots or malicious people.

Thanks for your understanding Very Happy

Leeloo

Hello

We have a member who has been blocked from accessing the forum, we have had other members complaining of similar issues. The member asked our Admin for assistance as he could not sign on to our forum, so his password was reset by giving him a new password in the Admin panel. He then received a prompt on the screen saying about suspicious activity on his account and that he needs to fill in the form, he attempted to do this but gave up after many tries as the captcha just wouldn't recognize any of the codes entered.

We have tried to log in under his name / account and received the same issue, every code entered into the captcha was rejected so we have also given up, what is this all about? This seems a stupid measure and could lose us members who just give up!! Is there anyway to switch this off to prevent this in future and why has this happened to this members account to start with?

Screenshots taken

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 3 1-1

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 3 2-1

Solution and information posted by Leeloo:
Leeloo wrote:Hello Smile

The antispam system has blocked the IP and the username of this user.

If you send me by PM the username of this person, I can remove him form the blacklist but you have to know that our blacklists our provided by services like Google or Yahoo, so it's not a coincidence if the username and the IP are listed.

The user can be blacklisted another time, depending on his behaviour on the net. So the anti spam system, which is set up to protect your forum, isn't in cause Wink

Made an Only topic ~ Jophy
CruizingComet
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by markharrison May 17th 2012, 9:44 pm

I tried sending it again, but I get the following message:

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

So it looks like it will be a week before I can send the information through.
markharrison

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3