The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

+20
RAFAJulie
darjen46
Sandie
markk
D. Dijkstra
peanutsmummy
mr scoops
Darren1
Lucky1
daf1999
Neymar1
Stephen-
Jophy
brandon_g
!_NICK_!
DavidC
Kalliopi
Shadow
SLGray
CruizingComet
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pro Admin (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by CruizingComet March 29th 2012, 10:23

First topic message reminder :

Hello Hello

If you also have this problem with an user who gets the error message "We have detected suspicious activity related to your account. To unblock it, please click here and complete the form", it means that the antispam system has detected an incompatibility of the username and the IP address.

So, you need to send me by PM the username and the IP address of the user, so that I can try to unlist him from the blacklist. Wink

I remind that this security system was set up to protect your forum and to prevent the invasion of spam from robots or malicious people.

Thanks for your understanding Very Happy

Leeloo

Hello

We have a member who has been blocked from accessing the forum, we have had other members complaining of similar issues. The member asked our Admin for assistance as he could not sign on to our forum, so his password was reset by giving him a new password in the Admin panel. He then received a prompt on the screen saying about suspicious activity on his account and that he needs to fill in the form, he attempted to do this but gave up after many tries as the captcha just wouldn't recognize any of the codes entered.

We have tried to log in under his name / account and received the same issue, every code entered into the captcha was rejected so we have also given up, what is this all about? This seems a stupid measure and could lose us members who just give up!! Is there anyway to switch this off to prevent this in future and why has this happened to this members account to start with?

Screenshots taken

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 2 1-1

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 2 2-1

Solution and information posted by Leeloo:
Leeloo wrote:Hello Smile

The antispam system has blocked the IP and the username of this user.

If you send me by PM the username of this person, I can remove him form the blacklist but you have to know that our blacklists our provided by services like Google or Yahoo, so it's not a coincidence if the username and the IP are listed.

The user can be blacklisted another time, depending on his behaviour on the net. So the anti spam system, which is set up to protect your forum, isn't in cause Wink

Made an Only topic ~ Jophy
CruizingComet
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by Sandie April 23rd 2012, 01:29

Double Post for purposes of PM.
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by darjen46 April 23rd 2012, 01:54

I have the same problem on my Forum, like every one else I have reset his password and user name but ne Joy.

Thanks Darjen46
darjen46

Back to top Go down

Post by RAFAJulie April 23rd 2012, 03:23

I'm having the same problems, 3 + members are unable to log on......I do not have the time to read through every posting so i would really appreciate it if a quick solution is available.

Thank you very much x
RAFAJulie
RAFAJulie
Forumember

Female Posts : 55

http://rescueaidforanimals.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 23rd 2012, 04:20

geez people... just because you need to PM doesn't mean you need double post.... really.... 2 freakin posts! Big Deal... post on other topics! RAFA.... the solution has already been posted above! just check the original post!
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darjen46 April 23rd 2012, 04:42

brandon_g wrote:geez people... just because you need to PM doesn't mean you need double post.... really.... 2 freakin posts! Big Deal... post on other topics! RAFA.... the solution has already been posted above! just check the original post!

Geez Member did not notice it was up 2 times. Boy calm down mate Its only a bloody commercial. affraid
darjen46

Back to top Go down

Post by darjen46 April 23rd 2012, 04:47

lol! UM Now I need to read the posts lol!
darjen46

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 23rd 2012, 06:50

Sandie & darjen46:

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 23rd 2012, 15:43

Hello members Hello

Please calm down Wink Instead of double posting/breaking the rules, you can just post on any topics on the Forum Discussions forum to get to posts to PM. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by chino40k April 23rd 2012, 17:47

The problem seems to be escalating on a forum I help look after.

3 people in 3 days have been locked out - one of the three has been locked out twice in three days and is at a complete loss as to how it has happened or what is going on.

No one can get the captcha to work - one of our forum's admin took it upon himself to fill out the captcha page for one of the members who had been blocked and he couldn't get it to work either.

chino40k

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 23rd 2012, 19:21

Hi Chino40k,

We can only do our best to resolve this, you can PM Leeloo (Link on right) with the usernames that are banned and she will do her best tomorrow when she logs in Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by chino40k April 23rd 2012, 21:46

I did do a couple days ago which corrected the problem but one member has again tried to login to the forum to find he couldn't again for the same reason as previous however he can use the forum via his phone.
chino40k

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 23rd 2012, 22:11

What's the error given when he's on a laptop/PC?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Suspicious Activity

Post by Daisi2 April 25th 2012, 11:24

I have a member who has this problem, it is going to be a nuisance if it is going to happen regularly and we have to email everytime to rectify it, why does the form that they are requested to fill in not working?
Daisi2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Suspicious Activity

Post by Daisi2 April 25th 2012, 11:28

I have to make a second post to enable me to pm to get this fixed so here is the second post.
Daisi2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CruizingComet April 26th 2012, 11:25

This anti-spammer feature is damaging to our forums, if members are locked out then they will most probably just give up on our forums! This should be down to forum Admins whether they want this filter enabled / disabled.

Our members are mainly seniors some 70+ in years (yes that's correct) so why would they be flagged up as spammers? I sent Leeloo a PM as requested but never heard no more and the member blocked is still using another account they created and gave up on the last which is far from ideal.

The captcha is also to blame as it simply doesn't work, my concern is how many members this is effecting who are not notifying us and who will just move onto other forums where they don't have issues like this, it's embarrassing to have these kind of problems and it needs sorting.
CruizingComet
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 26th 2012, 11:50

CruizingComet wrote:This anti-spammer feature is damaging to our forums, if members are locked out then they will most probably just give up on our forums! This should be down to forum Admins whether they want this filter enabled / disabled.

Our members are mainly seniors some 70+ in years (yes that's correct) so why would they be flagged up as spammers? I sent Leeloo a PM as requested but never heard no more and the member blocked is still using another account they created and gave up on the last which is far from ideal.

The captcha is also to blame as it simply doesn't work, my concern is how many members this is effecting who are not notifying us and who will just move onto other forums where they don't have issues like this, it's embarrassing to have these kind of problems and it needs sorting.

Hello,

You can't disable it yourself, because it has nothing to do with your forum but with all the activity of the user on the net.
I'm here to unlist the persons who are not spammers, but you have to know that this system protects your forum from real spammers also !

If you didn't receive any answer from me, it means that I didn't receive your PM, sorry. If I did, I would help you like I help many users in your case daily.
So please send me the usernames concerned.

Thanks

Last edited by Leeloo on April 26th 2012, 18:44; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Supicious Activities

Post by Daisi2 April 26th 2012, 15:43

Leeloo do you reply to the pm's? as after I pm'd about my locked out member she was able to get in a few hours later, so I assumed you unlocked her for me, if so thanks Smile I did not receive a reply to my pm from you my inbox is still empty.
Daisi2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 26th 2012, 16:56

Daisi2 wrote:Leeloo do you reply to the pm's? as after I pm'd about my locked out member she was able to get in a few hours later, so I assumed you unlocked her for me, if so thanks Smile I did not receive a reply to my pm from you my inbox is still empty.

Hello Daisi2 !!

Yes I did ! Very Happy

Sorry if I forgot to answer you, I don't have realized it.
I hope you understand !

Thanks a lot bye
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 12th 2012, 05:22

I think this topic was prunned scratch I'm bringing this up for notice, also, the information and solution was posted by Leeloo in case someone doesn't know:
Hello

The antispam system has blocked the IP and the username of this user.

If you send me by PM the username of this person, I can remove him form the blacklist but you have to know that our blacklists our provided by services like Google or Yahoo, so it's not a coincidence if the username and the IP are listed.

The user can be blacklisted another time, depending on his behaviour on the net. So the anti spam system, which is set up to protect your forum, isn't in cause
Please send a PM to Leeloo Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kevtan May 14th 2012, 11:32

I can't send you a PM as I have not enough posts on here yet. The forum is Tenerifesforumoffun.com and it McQueen that has an issue with being blocked by guardian. Thanks
kevtan

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 14th 2012, 16:02

kevtan wrote:I can't send you a PM as I have not enough posts on here yet. The forum is Tenerifesforumoffun.com and it McQueen that has an issue with being blocked by guardian. Thanks
Please send a PM to our admin(Leeloo) for this matter and she'll gladly unblock the username in request.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kevtan May 15th 2012, 23:55

Jophy wrote:
kevtan wrote:I can't send you a PM as I have not enough posts on here yet. The forum is Tenerifesforumoffun.com and it McQueen that has an issue with being blocked by guardian. Thanks
Please send a PM to our admin(Leeloo) for this matter and she'll gladly unblock the username in request.
PM sent to LeeLoo but no reply and he still has problems. He says he is now fed up and can't be bothered anymore. He is one of our best contributors and a founder member, it would be a shame to loose him because this system is wrecking so many forums, please sort.
kevtan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 16th 2012, 06:06

Please be patient as our pro admin is really busy with a lot of issues here on the support forum, if you don't get a respond within 48 hours, you can PM here again. Thank you for your understanding Smile
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kevtan May 16th 2012, 10:36

Jophy wrote:Please be patient as our pro admin is really busy with a lot of issues here on the support forum, if you don't get a respond within 48 hours, you can PM here again. Thank you for your understanding Smile
Trying to be patient but whether my valued member and others in the future will be I am not sure.
kevtan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 16th 2012, 10:59

kevtan wrote:
Jophy wrote:Please be patient as our pro admin is really busy with a lot of issues here on the support forum, if you don't get a respond within 48 hours, you can PM here again. Thank you for your understanding Smile
Trying to be patient but whether my valued member and others in the future will be I am not sure.
Hello,

As said by PM, it's done now.

Thank you
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kevtan May 16th 2012, 13:03

Leeloo wrote:
kevtan wrote:
Hello,

As said by PM, it's done now.

Thank you
Great Thank You
kevtan

Back to top Go down

Post by markharrison May 17th 2012, 12:35

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with one of the users on our forum.
markharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 17th 2012, 13:53

markharrison wrote:Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with one of the users on our forum.
Please send Leeloo(admin) the usernames and your forum link in concern. Thank you.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by markharrison May 17th 2012, 20:42

Would love to, but as I only registered yesterday I am not allowed to send pm's for another 7 days.
markharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 17th 2012, 20:48

You can send a pm after you have two posts.

suspicious activity - (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next