The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

+20
RAFAJulie
darjen46
Sandie
markk
D. Dijkstra
peanutsmummy
mr scoops
Darren1
Lucky1
daf1999
Neymar1
Stephen-
Jophy
brandon_g
!_NICK_!
DavidC
Kalliopi
Shadow
SLGray
CruizingComet
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pro Admin (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by CruizingComet March 29th 2012, 9:23 am

Hello Hello

If you also have this problem with an user who gets the error message "We have detected suspicious activity related to your account. To unblock it, please click here and complete the form", it means that the antispam system has detected an incompatibility of the username and the IP address.

So, you need to send me by PM the username and the IP address of the user, so that I can try to unlist him from the blacklist. Wink

I remind that this security system was set up to protect your forum and to prevent the invasion of spam from robots or malicious people.

Thanks for your understanding Very Happy

Leeloo

Hello

We have a member who has been blocked from accessing the forum, we have had other members complaining of similar issues. The member asked our Admin for assistance as he could not sign on to our forum, so his password was reset by giving him a new password in the Admin panel. He then received a prompt on the screen saying about suspicious activity on his account and that he needs to fill in the form, he attempted to do this but gave up after many tries as the captcha just wouldn't recognize any of the codes entered.

We have tried to log in under his name / account and received the same issue, every code entered into the captcha was rejected so we have also given up, what is this all about? This seems a stupid measure and could lose us members who just give up!! Is there anyway to switch this off to prevent this in future and why has this happened to this members account to start with?

Screenshots taken

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? 1-1

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? 2-1

Solution and information posted by Leeloo:
Leeloo wrote:Hello Smile

The antispam system has blocked the IP and the username of this user.

If you send me by PM the username of this person, I can remove him form the blacklist but you have to know that our blacklists our provided by services like Google or Yahoo, so it's not a coincidence if the username and the IP are listed.

The user can be blacklisted another time, depending on his behaviour on the net. So the anti spam system, which is set up to protect your forum, isn't in cause Wink

Made an Only topic ~ Jophy
CruizingComet
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by SLGray March 29th 2012, 9:26 am

Sorry there is no way to turn it off.

Please read this: https://help.forumotion.com/t100504-new-option-to-complement-the-anti-spam-system-on-forumotion-forums
On addintion of that, another active safety system works continuously in the background and analysis in real time connections and actions of your forum members and intervenes if a suspicious action is detected.

(Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please?

Post by Shadow March 29th 2012, 11:02 am

Hello Smile

If you send me by PM the username of this person, I can remove him form the blacklist but you have to know that our blacklists our provided by services like Google or Yahoo, so it's not a coincidence if the username and the IP are listed.

The user can be blacklisted another time, depending on his behaviour on the net. So the anti spam system, which is set up to protect your forum, isn't in cause Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi April 12th 2012, 9:16 pm

I have the same problem on my forum and there is at least one other topic about it here (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? Link10

Oh and another one here (Information/Only Topic)Member reporting being blocked - suspicious activity - Advice Please? Link10
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidC April 13th 2012, 12:13 am

Hi
We are have also the same experience today, three members accounts are blocked for sure, not sure if there more,

We have never experience any problems before.
DavidC

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! April 13th 2012, 12:17 am

I do believe that this new system should be blocked. It's not doing any of us good. My username Nick is always blocked and I would like it removed.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 13th 2012, 12:58 am

!_NICK_! wrote:I do believe that this new system should be blocked. It's not doing any of us good. My username Nick is always blocked and I would like it removed.

Nick this is not related too the topic at hand! And I think we should be able too dissable this captcha feature if we like! It's our forum! Thank heavens this issue has not happened on my forum yet!
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 13th 2012, 6:46 am

Hello members, Hello

If you encounter this problem with one of your members, just send Leeloo a PM with the username of that member and your forum link, as for now, there's no way to disable it TT Though you can suggest it.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidC April 13th 2012, 9:49 am

Hi Jophy

Am getting this message when trying to send pm

You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages

Please advise
DavidC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 13th 2012, 10:34 am

DavidC wrote:Hi Jophy

Please advise
You only need 2 posts to send PM's, you can PM now Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- April 13th 2012, 10:35 am

DavidC wrote:Hi Jophy

Please advise

Hello,

You can send a PM now, since you reached the post limit. The post limit is 2 Wink
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 April 13th 2012, 10:58 am

slg wrote:
On addintion of that, another active safety system works continuously in the background and analysis in real time connections and actions of your forum members and intervenes if a suspicious action is detected.

Why are there so many spelling and grammar mistakes on that?

Please don't post useless comment here. Thanks
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daf1999 April 14th 2012, 12:41 pm

Got it on my forum too Sad
daf1999

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 14th 2012, 1:29 pm

Hello,

For info and solution about this, please read Leeloo's , message:

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky1 April 16th 2012, 7:07 pm

Good afternoon all !

Just to let you know that we too are now experiencing this problem, so obviously it is not a confined problem of one forum in particular, therefore pretty pointless emailing Leeloo with every members details that is having this error.

Just for clarity, it is not a Plus Net problem either as I have checked with our members that are having this fault and it is from a range of ISP's

If I can give you any further information to help solve this, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.
Lucky1
Forumember

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 16th 2012, 7:18 pm

Hi,

Lucky1, the resolution is in the post above yours Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky1 April 16th 2012, 7:23 pm

Darren. Thank you for your message, but I am presuming that you didn't read mine....

As mentioned, this problem appears to be happening on a lot of different forums, not just one or two, so I would be surprised if Leeloo would appreciate a pm for every member of every forum that this is happening to.

It is obviously a deeper problem than what has already been established.... as has been shown by the amount of different posts on here under different subject headings over the last day or so...
Lucky1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 16th 2012, 7:33 pm

I did read your post, however the only possible solution is to remove the names as much as possible from our end is via the method Leeloo does it.
The reason for this is because we have to modify a script, which is designed to prevent spammers, by disallowing known spammer names, which the devs recently applied and will not remove, due to it's popularity in other languages.
This script gathers the names & emails from sites such as Google, Microsoft & 'Stop Forum Spam!', so it is quite good in theory, but not so much in practice.

I assure you, the same script is on every single forum, not just a few hundred, every single forum on every single language we host Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky1 April 16th 2012, 7:36 pm

Thank you for the explanation Darren. I will forward the usernames to Leeloo now - but I really think he is going to be a busy chap as this problem develops, but if that is what has to be done then so be it....

Many thanks again !
Lucky1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mr scoops April 17th 2012, 9:18 am

I've had one guy so far with this on my forum.
I've PM'ed Leelo as per above.
mr scoops

Male Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 17th 2012, 10:09 am

Lucky1 wrote:Good afternoon all !

Just to let you know that we too are now experiencing this problem, so obviously it is not a confined problem of one forum in particular, therefore pretty pointless emailing Leeloo with every members details that is having this error.

Just for clarity, it is not a Plus Net problem either as I have checked with our members that are having this fault and it is from a range of ISP's

If I can give you any further information to help solve this, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello,

Yes you need to send a PM to me so that I can check if the user is a real spammer or not. In your case, it seems that you're trying to unblock 3 real spammers which isn't possible.
Contrary to what you just said, there is not much forums affected by a system error, it is often useful blockage.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky1 April 17th 2012, 10:19 am

Hi Leeloo

Thank you for your message. The three members that we are trying to unblock are actually known to me so I know they are not spammers..

I have replied to your pm, thank you for your help !

Lucky
Lucky1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by peanutsmummy April 19th 2012, 4:43 pm

Its just happened to one of my members too

I am awaiting contact back from her, she is definitely not a spammer as I know her personally

PeanutsMummy
peanutsmummy

Back to top Go down

Post by peanutsmummy April 19th 2012, 5:03 pm

Just heard back from my member..

I didn't change her password but I did change her user name and she can now access the forum

PeanutsMummy
peanutsmummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 20th 2012, 3:33 am

Please don't double/triple post.

Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the EDIT button instead.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 21st 2012, 5:13 am

Hello,

This topic is now made as an (Only/Information Topic), all members having this issue can post here about their questions, the solution was already posted by Leeloo:

Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Dijkstra April 22nd 2012, 12:00 pm

post for the purpose of pm
D. Dijkstra

Back to top Go down

Post by markk April 22nd 2012, 9:08 pm

I also have this same problem
markk

Back to top Go down

Post by markk April 22nd 2012, 9:09 pm

Posting for purpose of PM
markk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie April 23rd 2012, 12:28 am

Hi. One of the members on my forum has the same problem.
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next