The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum?

+2
SLGray
GodzillaV2
6 posters

Go down

Solved How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum?

Post by GodzillaV2 May 23rd 2013, 1:17 am

I was just wondering How to remove the @ in the Chatbox, and i need a detailed way like how should I do it.
I was also wondering How to make the default chatbox on every page of forum?

Last edited by GodzillaV2 on May 24th 2013, 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
GodzillaV2
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum?

Post by SLGray May 23rd 2013, 1:24 am

Moved to Other Problems.

How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum?

Post by kirk May 23rd 2013, 3:07 am

I cant remember how to do the fist one with removing @ ???

But to have the chat on every page there are a few places you can add this code depending where you want it.

You can either place in the forums announcement, your forums description or your forums over all_header template at the very bottom under all thats in there. or your forums over_all footer template at the very top above the coding in there now.

you can also adjust the dimensions to your liking as well.

Code:
<center><iframe src=/chatbox/chatbox.forum width=810px height=300 scrolling=no frameborder=0></iframe></center>

be sure your chat is activated, but have it set to not to display on the forum top or bottom or you will have it showing twice after ading the code to where you are ading it.

I will see if i can find how to remove the @ as well. pretty sure it is easy to do.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzillaV2 May 23rd 2013, 3:41 am

Thanks it helped kirk.

Is it possible to edit the chats main functions like, for example, take out the smileys, bold, italic, and just use the message button. Also, can i edit the name of the chatbox? One more thing, can i remove the "away" thing? and just show up online
GodzillaV2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri May 23rd 2013, 3:56 am

Hi,

This tutorial will show you how to remove the @ or change the @ http://www.avacweb.com/t220-css-trick-change-the-chatbox
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 23rd 2013, 4:01 am

Well there is nothing to really edit for that stuff in the chat box template.
I think it might be able to be removed from using css but will have to test some stuff first. as far as the away function, i do not know of anyway to take that out?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzillaV2 May 23rd 2013, 4:31 am

Question : Whenever i go into the CSS style sheet, i always see a blank page, i'm kinda confused as to where i can edit it mwii
GodzillaV2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzillaV2 May 23rd 2013, 5:08 am

Derri wrote:Hi,

This tutorial will show you how to remove the @ or change the @ http://www.avacweb.com/t220-css-trick-change-the-chatbox

I tried that it wont work, im not even able to edit my css in the forums.
GodzillaV2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 23rd 2013, 5:16 am

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
It is ok if your CSS stylesheet is blank. It just means there is no customized CSS. You can just add the CSS code to the blank stylesheet.

How to remove the @ in the Chat box/ How to make the default chat box on every page of forum? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 24th 2013, 10:00 am

Hello, the topic is marked solved, is this sorted? Smile
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzillaV2 May 24th 2013, 5:02 pm

Yes, thanks though
GodzillaV2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ May 24th 2013, 5:05 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down