The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Only Topic!) New Editor

+162
Gothboy77
sfoop
Kryn Cluskio
Aimrys
hardcoreminx
chouzouris
EmmaSP
Duff4r
tony_h
luiz187
bob77707
Charisma Clash
Eloaene
tommycoo
Donna2
Kalliopi
REDDWOLF22
Alvega
pete c (kiwireddevil)
Cassius Dio
forumadminewbie
jefgold
koljach
outlaw105w
Mr. Ganesha
susie25
Niko
Rob Lucci
teres
mata lelaki
PrcBby
rivperformance
Mr MattM
sonja ss
F1CT1C10U5
DestinysGrace
Sonowske
G4RB4G3
socialize
Brooksy118
mitsomak
thames 300e
ob1
mrs dj
kelly123
thunderwagn
Darthberizing
The Highway Man
ipred
Savoury Muffin
sisterval
Su'i Namikaze
mer198261
Sandy000
boywonder
psjamie
FIB
Dampforum
Cikgu X
FALKO
Diana
tedyblue
paor
Suwun
kirk
viankova
Ultron's Vision
efbe
koimaster
Jophy
Kailyn
KM-Sage
ktelyn
Rixon
Elcee
Captain Hunk
EP3577
Erosaf
gabriel de lorges
SDR_Speedcuber
Ange Tuteur
Rukiafan
peter59
Akeno1
scubascaff
RsS.YuGi
Ahmed.K
VampireWicked
DelfI
Bokssha
alfa27
mangaka
Derri
Base
whitestarling1
Wind711
musket
JaysonAych
Menos
Topcat
puppycheese
Ina
melodiccolor
Joe 90
Muddle Manor
Anghell
Kimmy
mioshi11
Ape
SLGray
patiogardener
DK
Serenity Blades
Richardr
NickieM
anathema6205
Yun
19CenturyWBTS
DaDwarf
caliisto
levy
SophieDophs
HogwartsAcademy
Shainy
Caroline
Furious-Angel
MousEarz
0ldcat
oggbad
RedMomma5
lior1199
laurielurcher
Daisi2
joukaimokie
ElenaRPG
Sanket
MP3MP3
S-t-e-v-e-
Neymar1
Syndicate
Codyy
Kaoru Shiratori
Mr.EasyBB
runawayhorses
tugatech
Fender
Festina Lente
Martind Forlon
manunitedfanlive
christien
The Godfather
Made
Mr. Eddster
Zeedief
anastas95
angel_of_night
leonidas
Willyrka
Sir Chivas™
alicia
DecusEtVeritas
TWYLYGHT
166 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.

Smiley Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892

For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }
TWYLYGHT
TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

http://taggersrealm.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Muddle Manor June 18th 2013, 6:59 pm

Good point, Kirk.  In my head I was mentioning it in direct regards to the editor and this situation.  But you're right, it has slipped much more off topic.  I will refrain from further discussion about it here.  Smile
Muddle Manor
Muddle Manor
Forumember

Language : English, fluent in Typo

http://muddlemanor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress New Mess

Post by susie25 June 18th 2013, 7:05 pm

FIB wrote:
Niko! wrote:Hello guys,

I noticed that the editor is inside of an iframe object...
in this way, we cannot use CSS codes to edit it D:

was it reported? or do you have a solution?

I need this back how it was.... I have problems and just can not see any of the smilies... Not fun anymore. Please Editor Put It Back.

Look through the last 22 pages and there are many answers and questions.
susie25

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs June 18th 2013, 7:16 pm

I for one don't have time to trawl through 22 pages of replies and questions etc lol.

I assume the techs are still working on the bugs?  My members are having various problems and they are not tech savvy at all so I'm hoping forumotion will iron out the problems real soon.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Ganesha June 18th 2013, 7:20 pm

APE wrote:Hi all that have the Quote problem,

Here is a way around the problem but it's only a temporary fix until the tech's fix it.

This is a Fix gave to the members on the french forum that is working on my forum really well
I would add this is not a full fix and may not work for everyone.

Step 1
ACP  (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Modules Tab (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12  (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Html HTML & JAVASCRIPT (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Javascript codes management (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12

Step 2
Enable Javascript code management :(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12 YES
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Make a new Javascript
Title : Name it quote bug or what ever you wish
Placement : All pages
Put this code :

Code:
$(function () {
        if (!$.sceditor) return;
        $.sceditor.plugins.bbcode.bbcodes.quote.html = function (token, attrs, content) {
        if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content;
        return '<br /><blockquote>' + content + '</blockquote><br />';
        };
        });

Then (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Save

Now test to see if this has worked

Ape Neutral

Yeah, it worked, but my problem is when I click Quote Button, there's a lot of space or enter of the text...
you can see this...
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0011ew3509

so, how about the solution..??
Mr. Ganesha
Mr. Ganesha
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : Bahasa

http://laskarislam.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 18th 2013, 7:28 pm

Muddle Manor wrote:Good point, Kirk.  In my head I was mentioning it in direct regards to the editor and this situation.  But you're right, it has slipped much more off topic.  I will refrain from further discussion about it here.  Smile

Well it is still in regards to the editor, And i just edited a tad bit more info in my last reply there., basically there are still problems with all browsers it just seems it is worse on those using XP and IE. So the best suggestion for that for a temp fix would be to use a different browser if one is able to.At this point is just another problem that the techs are working on and all new info will be posted when we get an update on the new editor situation as a whole.

With that aside. I think the discussion would be good to have over in the discussions section about XP IE and XP no longer being supported with updates in the near future. Just so people are aware and for all to add any good suggestions or steps to take. Along with discussing IE browsers as well. Anyway we will wait for runawayhorse to start that over there. For now the only suggestion for XP IE Users would be to try using a different browser for now. Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddle Manor June 18th 2013, 9:07 pm

@ Kirk Re: your post edit
( https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p630-only-topic-new-editor#833169 )

Bravo.  Now that's what I'm talkin' bout, man.  Well done, right on.
Muddle Manor
Muddle Manor
Forumember

Language : English, fluent in Typo

http://muddlemanor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster June 18th 2013, 9:25 pm

Uploaded a video from youtube on watches. First one (part one) was fine. Second one showed up this way.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 WTF2_zpsccb010ac

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 WTF_zps9ca8a004

The one directly above was supposed to be about watchmaking. Now matter what I tried it came out like that. First time in almost 4 years this has happened.

Also, discovered in the reply box if you change the mode after making a quote, the system defaults back to the original format prior to the editor switch.
koimaster
koimaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 162
Language : english

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor June 18th 2013, 9:35 pm

APE wrote:
MousEarz wrote:
Thank you for your response. I understand the concept of needing time to fix things as well as a time difference due to location; however, the issues that I'm wondering about have been issues for everyone with every forum on forumotion from the day this new editor went live...which was almost a week ago. As such, I'm sure you can understand the frustration felt by so many members.

I know it's taking it's time to get fixed and i have had to look over codes and other things to get my forum right as well and now i have to go and do the other forum i run as well,

I my self am not happy it has took so long but i look out side the box here and know it will be fixed soon
My frustration is about the same as yours but i put all the fixes in place that i come across and mark them so when FM come up with there fix its easy to remove again.

I am a little shocked that it has took it's time too but hey,

I'm only a helper here and not staff, I try my best to help when ever i can. The bad thing is No one from the head office has come and gave us a report on what is going on i have to go over and read it for my self.

Tech in the french forum has put up a progress report on the french forum but it's bad that we don't have one here that can let us all know what is going on and all the bugs that are fixed right now.

I may ask TGF if it's okay for me to put this in place  or even him to do it.

As we all want the feed back and feel we have been left in the dark on all this.

I will be more then happy to go in 2 or 3 times a day and report back but no one really takes my word for it as i am not really staff here.

Hope You all understand.
And please try and have a really nice day.

Ape, I for one would appreciate your checking and reporting what you find. I do take your word for it, as you have made clear it is only what you find on the french help forum. When the story changes, it is not your fault if all you are doing is gathering best current information available and letting us know. Thanks for doing your best under so much heat.
melodiccolor
Forumember

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 18th 2013, 9:59 pm

koimaster wrote:Uploaded a video from youtube on watches. First one (part one) was fine. Second one showed up this way.

The one directly above was supposed to be about watchmaking. Now matter what I tried it came out like that. First time in almost 4 years this has happened.

Also, discovered in the reply box if you change the mode after making a quote, the system defaults back to the original format prior to the editor switch.

I dont understand what the first screen shot has to do with the second screen shot.
Are you saying when you send the post through you are getting whats in the second screen shot?

Also how are you adding the youtube, are you using the embed iframe that youtube provides or are you using the youtube insert option on the editor. I have also noticed in your first screen shot the second youtube iframe you have have an active link showing in blue to where the first youtube iframe dose not..  I would say try swicthing the editor mode off to where you can see all bbcode, and either try adding the videos through the youtube insert option first. then go back and test with the embed iframe html code youtube provides. you also have the videos dimensions in the second iframe a lot larger then the first as well but not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Menos June 18th 2013, 10:56 pm

APE wrote:
Menos wrote:

Good work Ape!
It worked on my phpbb2 forum!
Cheers!! Hello

edit: On multiple quotes, I still have a problem.. hmmmm Confused
Hi Menos the problem is not showing on my Multi  Quote  i have ran a number of tests and still have no problem with it :suspect:make sure your code is right on your templates and the code i gave you . if there right then the problem is something is blocking the code on your java  or browser

If you give me a test account by pm i will test this some more for you

Ape
My bad... I didn't know how to use the new quotes... everything works fine!
Thanks again!
Menos
Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 383
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 18th 2013, 11:12 pm

A re-post from the previous page with discussions link now added
Slightly off topic (in a sense)
Message to staff and members about the content in the spoiler below.

I have asked Runawayhorse if he would like to start a discussions about Microsoft discontinuing any further support/service packs for XP in April of 2014. I feel it would be a good discussions over there for those that are still using XP and to discuss all IE browser issues with suggestions and information for any XP and IE users. If you can please wait to reply in the thread that runawayhorse will be starting soon in the discussions section. I will be sure to come back and add the thread link here along with editing it in his post as well.
As far as this thread lets try to stick to only editor issues, I do understand XP and IE user's can and may be experiences things different then other browsers, but lets not try to get in a full blown conversation about XP IE related issues that are not in regards to the new editor problems. Thanx Smile

spoiler:
XP-IE New discussion located here

As far as the issues with XP or IE users in reference to the new editor problems. Well as of now it is the same as all other issues and problems others are having. When we get new updated information on all problems it will be posted in this thread. I would suggest for those of you IE users that are able to use a different browser to hopefully provide a temporally solution to please do so. Other then that many are still having problems regardless of browsers, it just seems things on IE are more messed up then other browsers which is no surprise.. lol (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Guish2 In any case, Once again. As we are giving updated information all will be posted here to sort out as many problems as are provided.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outlaw105w June 19th 2013, 12:08 am

www.429-460.com  having pm issues and quote issues

thank you for all your help
outlaw105w
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Willyrka June 19th 2013, 12:13 am

I really appreciate all the work I am certain the creators are doing concerning removing all the bugs and glitches. I am sorry I have another issue to post:

Is there a way to fix the smiley space issue?

Sometimes, there are no automatic spaces when we add smilies and if I make them myself, they still suddenly vanish from the post when I press preview (and there are smilies) and then I press post and the smilies don't show up anymore because of the missing spaces. Now, I am tech savvy enough to correct that, but a lot of my members are not and they get really frustrated about this. Please, add this to the list of problems. It happens in all browsers to several of my members.
Willyrka
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 19th 2013, 12:43 am

FIB wrote:Thanks APE. Its always been the same here they are very slow to respond and put things right.
yes i know it has would like something to change but i can't see it thou lol
Mr. Ganesha wrote:
APE wrote:Hi all that have the Quote problem,

Here is a way around the problem but it's only a temporary fix until the tech's fix it.

This is a Fix gave to the members on the french forum that is working on my forum really well
I would add this is not a full fix and may not work for everyone.

Step 1
ACP  (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Modules Tab (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12  (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Html HTML & JAVASCRIPT (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Javascript codes management (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12

Step 2
Enable Javascript code management :(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12 YES
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Make a new Javascript
Title : Name it quote bug or what ever you wish
Placement : All pages
Put this code :

Code:
$(function () {
        if (!$.sceditor) return;
        $.sceditor.plugins.bbcode.bbcodes.quote.html = function (token, attrs, content) {
        if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content;
        return '<br /><blockquote>' + content + '</blockquote><br />';
        };
        });

Then (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Arrow_12Save

Now test to see if this has worked

Ape Neutral

Yeah, it worked, but my problem is when I click Quote Button, there's a lot of space or enter of the text...
you can see this...
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0011ew3509

so, how about the solution..??
Right now there is no other fix on the french forum or in my codes I am testing Sorry :(if i come up with any i will be sure to post it here Wink
melodiccolor wrote:
APE wrote:
MousEarz wrote:
Thank you for your response. I understand the concept of needing time to fix things as well as a time difference due to location; however, the issues that I'm wondering about have been issues for everyone with every forum on forumotion from the day this new editor went live...which was almost a week ago. As such, I'm sure you can understand the frustration felt by so many members.

I know it's taking it's time to get fixed and i have had to look over codes and other things to get my forum right as well and now i have to go and do the other forum i run as well,

I my self am not happy it has took so long but i look out side the box here and know it will be fixed soon
My frustration is about the same as yours but i put all the fixes in place that i come across and mark them so when FM come up with there fix its easy to remove again.

I am a little shocked that it has took it's time too but hey,

I'm only a helper here and not staff, I try my best to help when ever i can. The bad thing is No one from the head office has come and gave us a report on what is going on i have to go over and read it for my self.

Tech in the french forum has put up a progress report on the french forum but it's bad that we don't have one here that can let us all know what is going on and all the bugs that are fixed right now.

I may ask TGF if it's okay for me to put this in place  or even him to do it.

As we all want the feed back and feel we have been left in the dark on all this.

I will be more then happy to go in 2 or 3 times a day and report back but no one really takes my word for it as i am not really staff here.

Hope You all understand.
And please try and have a really nice day.

Ape, I for one would appreciate your checking and reporting what you find.  I do take your word for it, as you have made clear it is only what you find on the french help forum.  When the story changes, it is not your fault if all you are doing is gathering best current information available and letting us know.  Thanks for doing your best under so much heat.
As i have said i will be more than happy to post what i find out Wink
Menos wrote:
APE wrote:
Menos wrote:

Good work Ape!
It worked on my phpbb2 forum!
Cheers!! Hello

edit: On multiple quotes, I still have a problem.. hmmmm Confused
Hi Menos the problem is not showing on my Multi  Quote  i have ran a number of tests and still have no problem with it :suspect:make sure your code is right on your templates and the code i gave you . if there right then the problem is something is blocking the code on your java  or browser

If you give me a test account by pm i will test this some more for you

Ape
My bad... I didn't know how to use the new quotes... everything works fine!
Thanks again!
I'm glad it's working for you now lol i found it funny how it works to lol Rolling Eyes
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 19th 2013, 12:44 am

Thanks Kirk for all your help, and for adding the link to the new topic about IE and Windows XP and the compatibility issues related to the new editor.. Here the link again for those that missed it:

XP-IE New discussion located here
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by koljach June 19th 2013, 2:07 am

greetings guys. What i would like to say is that dont like new editor, but only its colors. Functionality is satisfying, no complains there, but there is so much white color, for me it looks horrendous. 

So my question is, if we dont have a choice to use old editor, is there at least a way to change its' colors? 
For example look here:
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Wtfnig10
i am asking if there there is a way to change background color, or at least color of that space around and between functions.

Thanks in advance!
koljach

Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 19th 2013, 3:07 am

koljach wrote:greetings guys. What i would like to say is that dont like new editor, but only its colors. Functionality is satisfying, no complains there, but there is so much white color, for me it looks horrendous. 

So my question is, if we dont have a choice to use old editor, is there at least a way to change its' colors? 
For example look here:
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 23 Wtfnig10
i am asking if there there is a way to change background color, or at least color of that space around and between functions.

Thanks in advance!

Yes this can be changed by your CSS page
For the editor background

Code:
.sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea{
background-color: #FFFF !important;
}

For the bar that the tools are on you can use this
Code:
div.body contenteditabl{
background-color: #FFFF !important;
}

Change the #FFFF to what ever color you wish
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 19th 2013, 3:24 pm

APE wrote:

Hey Ape, Just wanted to say thanks for all you have been helping with for this problem.
You have been a tremendous amount of help on this problem and just wanted to say much appreciated and keep up the good work. With any luck hopefully we will be getting an official update and all will be worked out soon.

Thanks again man. bang up job my friend Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Made June 19th 2013, 4:05 pm

socialize wrote:
Made wrote:I'm sincerely thankful to those who are trying to help everybody else solve the new editor's multiple bugs and issues, both Forumotion's staff, techs, helpers and regular members. I really am. And I'm not bickering or complaining just for the sake of it 'cause I do appreciate the other wonderful features FM provides their users.

BUT my problem here is that this is not the first time Forumotion has made drastic changes and subjected us to "beta" functions in the forums without any previous warning. I would assume that by using the several test forums FM surely has, new functions should be implemented only when fully tested.

Having to change code after code, ask our members to "adjust" this or that in order to make the forum "work" is just unacceptable! It takes a lot of time and effort from forum's founders and moderators (who are also volunteers!) to build a numerous, long lasting community based on a fluid communication which is exactly what isn't working properly right now. Seeing all that effort thrown down the drain is really painful and frustrating.

In my opinion, now that the techs have taken note of all the bugs the new editor has as reported by the members, they should reinstate the old editor immediately and work on the new one until it is fully operational before changing it again.
I get where your coming from, but you don't know if the team made this as a surprise Very Happy. Or they did not know it will have all these issues. Sadly each staff said it's nearly impossible and won't work. Have you tried switching Editor modes?

Many forums run as provided by FM without css or javascripts and even those are not working properly. I can't imagine what the ones with lots of customized codes are going through!

I do not want to sound pessimistic but having been here for 5 years, I remember that back in 2011, FM tried to change the editor and seeing all the issues and bugs it had and the many complaints from users, they had to pull it down and revert to the old one. And that's exactly what they need to do right now.
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by VampireWicked June 19th 2013, 4:14 pm

Made wrote: I remember that back in 2011, FM tried to change the editor and seeing all the issues and bugs it had and the many complaints from users, they had to pull it down and revert to the old one. And that's exactly what they need to do right now.
I completely agree!
On my forum we do not use java because it freezes with it active, now it freezes up faster just looking through the smile list because THAT's only seen with java script active. Our message body window has been reduced to a sliver, & smile list gone.
Both normal & smile list is now exclusive to an active java script.

This updated isn't working right, no one asked for it as far as i know & it's causing headaches all around.

If this isn't fixed soon then we're abandoning our forum & finding a new place to setup shop. A non-Forums free location.
VampireWicked
VampireWicked
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TWYLYGHT June 19th 2013, 4:35 pm

Made wrote:
DecusEtVeritas wrote:At this time there is no way to opt out of the new editor, but addressing your concern of small smileys, this code worked on my forum:

Code:
img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

Thank you! That code together with another you provided worked perfectly! Those of you having problems with emoticons, paste the following in your Display---> Colors---> CSS

Code:
img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

div.sceditor-emoticons {
  overflow: auto;
  max-height: 200px;
  max-width: 250px;
}

While at it, do you have a code to change the text box background color and font color? The white is KILLING me!

Thanks so much! The second code works.
TWYLYGHT
TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

http://taggersrealm.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alfa27 June 19th 2013, 5:50 pm

Made wrote:

I do not want to sound pessimistic but having been here for 5 years, I remember that back in 2011, FM tried to change the editor and seeing all the issues and bugs it had and the many complaints from users, they had to pull it down and revert to the old one. And that's exactly what they need to do right now.

100000% agree.
alfa27
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 19th 2013, 5:50 pm

kirk wrote:

Hey Ape, Just wanted to say thanks for all you have been helping with for this problem.
You have been a tremendous amount of help on this problem and just wanted to say much appreciated and keep up the good work. With any luck hopefully we will be getting an official update and all will be worked out soon.

Thanks again man. bang up job my friend Smile
I second that, Thank you very much. cheers
Also thanks to all the members for helping out.

Last edited by Sanket on June 19th 2013, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 June 19th 2013, 6:37 pm

I went to the discussion about IE here and copied some links that were provided about the different browsers to share with my users.  I pasted four of these links into the message body (not using the link icon) and all four links showed "active" on preview.  When I posted, only one of the links remained active.

I then edited the message and used the link icon to put the other three links in the message and named them.  This worked to activate the links.

I suspect this is another kind of "bug" since the links should not have needed to be "named" to add to the message.

I did convince one user to try Google Chrome and their PMs now work.  Some are resistant to trying another browser though.  Change is hard for many.

Another note here, on this message that I am posting, I accidentally added color to my text using WYSIWYG.  I switched editors and the color tags were used before/after each paragraph instead of just at the beginning and end of the message. Just thought this might be of interest as there is no need for all of these tags in order to colorize a message.
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailyn June 19th 2013, 7:07 pm

Sadly my character profile posts are customized posts. Which I posted on page 11 here somewhere...But sadly with the iframe it cuts everything out except for the first part of the code and the last part. So members can not make edits later nor can I make newer profiles with this going on or now. So I am just waiting to see if this issue of Custom codes will be fixed or not. Otherwise that is a lot of profiles I will have to some how salvage and ask members to redo and come up with a whole new system sadly.
Kailyn
Kailyn

http://alculard.forumotion.com; loveless.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 June 19th 2013, 8:29 pm

I entered the Javascript that was given here to allow us to post below the quote area when in WYSIWYG.  Unfortunately, it leaves big spaces.  I have advised my members who are paying attention to continue to use BBCode.  I have also limited the quotes to two per post so that those who can't seem to figure out how to switch out of WYSIWYG (because they aren't reading the info), won't have too many huge spaces.
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 8:59 pm

I went ahead and added a Homepage Message script to prompt my users to upgrade if they are on IE8 or older, with links to downloads.  Here is the script:

Code:
<!--[if lte IE 8]><div id="warning">
<h4 class="red">Your
version of Internet Explorer is no longer supported.</h4>
Please
upgrade to <a href='http://getfirefox.com'>FireFox</a>, <a
href='http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/'>Chrome</a>, <a
href='http://www.apple.com/safari/'>Safari</a> or <a
href='http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx'>Internet
Explorer 9 or 10</a>. Thank You!   <a
href="#" onClick="document.getElementById('warning').style.display =
'none';"><b>Close
Window</b></a></div>
<![endif]-->

It also requires adding an entry to the CSS Stylesheet:
Code:
#warning        {position:relative; top:0px; width:100%; height:40px; background-color:#ecf3f7; margin-top:0px; padding:4px; border-bottom:solid 4px #000066}
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisi2 June 19th 2013, 10:17 pm

Too many people on my forum are having problems, a lot of things don't work for them on tablets etc.  We have been patient now for nearly a week and not a lot of improvements have happened.  I am now looking for an alternative to move my members across to as if I don't then we might not have any members left by the time FM have sorted this out.

Also I find the complete lack of information from the staff frustrating and the fact they changed the editor without notifying their customers or informing us of what we might expect.  I pay for the features on this forum but it is not the money I am wasting right now that is annoying me it is the fact that some of my members are unable to use the forum and there is no eta on when they might be able to.

This is the answer from one of the staff over on another thread

"Its in beta mode, it will be fixed sooner or later."

Nothing constructive, how "later" how long are we expected to wait?.

Those sort of answers sound like they think they are doing us a favour fixing what THEY broke and we should be damned grateful and be patient about it all !!!

Also people usually get an option to try out a beta mode it just isn't usually forced upon them.
Daisi2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 10:28 pm

RedMomma5 wrote:I entered the Javascript that was given here to allow us to post below the quote area when in WYSIWYG.  Unfortunately, it leaves big spaces.  I have advised my members who are paying attention to continue to use BBCode.  I have also limited the quotes to two per post so that those who can't seem to figure out how to switch out of WYSIWYG (because they aren't reading the info), won't have too many huge spaces.

Hi.  I tweaked the javascript code to strip the extra blank lines on nested quotes.  Try this:

Code:
$(function () {
       if (!$.sceditor) return;
       if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content.replace('<br />', '');
       return '<blockquote>' + content.replace('<br />', '')  + '</blockquote><br />';
       };
       });
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 June 19th 2013, 10:40 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
RedMomma5 wrote:I entered the Javascript that was given here to allow us to post below the quote area when in WYSIWYG.  Unfortunately, it leaves big spaces.  I have advised my members who are paying attention to continue to use BBCode.  I have also limited the quotes to two per post so that those who can't seem to figure out how to switch out of WYSIWYG (because they aren't reading the info), won't have too many huge spaces.

Hi.  I tweaked the javascript code to strip the extra spaces on nested quotes.  Try this:

Code:
$(function () {
        if (!$.sceditor) return;
        if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content.replace('<br />', '');
        return '<blockquote>' + content.replace('<br />', '')  + '</blockquote><br />';
        };
        });
I tried that and it appears to work the same.  The additional spaces are added if you preview it.  Thank you though.Very Happy
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next