The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Only Topic!) New Editor

+162
Gothboy77
sfoop
Kryn Cluskio
Aimrys
hardcoreminx
chouzouris
EmmaSP
Duff4r
tony_h
luiz187
bob77707
Charisma Clash
Eloaene
tommycoo
Donna2
Kalliopi
REDDWOLF22
Alvega
pete c (kiwireddevil)
Cassius Dio
forumadminewbie
jefgold
koljach
outlaw105w
Mr. Ganesha
susie25
Niko
Rob Lucci
teres
mata lelaki
PrcBby
rivperformance
Mr MattM
sonja ss
F1CT1C10U5
DestinysGrace
Sonowske
G4RB4G3
socialize
Brooksy118
mitsomak
thames 300e
ob1
mrs dj
kelly123
thunderwagn
Darthberizing
The Highway Man
ipred
Savoury Muffin
sisterval
Su'i Namikaze
mer198261
Sandy000
boywonder
psjamie
FIB
Dampforum
Cikgu X
FALKO
Diana
tedyblue
paor
Suwun
kirk
viankova
Ultron's Vision
efbe
koimaster
Jophy
Kailyn
KM-Sage
ktelyn
Rixon
Elcee
Captain Hunk
EP3577
Erosaf
gabriel de lorges
SDR_Speedcuber
Ange Tuteur
Rukiafan
peter59
Akeno1
scubascaff
RsS.YuGi
Ahmed.K
VampireWicked
DelfI
Bokssha
alfa27
mangaka
Derri
Base
whitestarling1
Wind711
musket
JaysonAych
Menos
Topcat
puppycheese
Ina
melodiccolor
Joe 90
Muddle Manor
Anghell
Kimmy
mioshi11
Ape
SLGray
patiogardener
DK
Serenity Blades
Richardr
NickieM
anathema6205
Yun
19CenturyWBTS
DaDwarf
caliisto
levy
SophieDophs
HogwartsAcademy
Shainy
Caroline
Furious-Angel
MousEarz
0ldcat
oggbad
RedMomma5
lior1199
laurielurcher
Daisi2
joukaimokie
ElenaRPG
Sanket
MP3MP3
S-t-e-v-e-
Neymar1
Syndicate
Codyy
Kaoru Shiratori
Mr.EasyBB
runawayhorses
tugatech
Fender
Festina Lente
Martind Forlon
manunitedfanlive
christien
The Godfather
Made
Mr. Eddster
Zeedief
anastas95
angel_of_night
leonidas
Willyrka
Sir Chivas™
alicia
DecusEtVeritas
TWYLYGHT
166 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.

Smiley Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892

For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }
TWYLYGHT
TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

http://taggersrealm.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 10:45 pm

RedMomma5 wrote:
I tried that and it appears to work the same.  The additional spaces are added if you preview it.  Thank you though.Very Happy

Really? It works fine on my site.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 24 33xfwr6
Mr MattM

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 June 19th 2013, 10:50 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
RedMomma5 wrote:
I tried that and it appears to work the same.  The additional spaces are added if you preview it.  Thank you though.Very Happy

Really?  It works fine on my site.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 24 33xfwr6

I have phpBB2.  Maybe it works differently on different sites.  I do have a modified template in the viewtopic body and possibly this has something to do with it as well.
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 11:02 pm

RedMomma5 wrote:
I have phpBB2.  Maybe it works differently on different sites.  I do have a modified template in the viewtopic body and possibly this has something to do with it as well.

Maybe that's it.  I figured out the the original script was adding an additional "<br />" in each quoted text, each time it's quoted. All I did was add the .replace function to strip out the extra "<br />" codes from the quoted text, leaving the final "<br />" to break the cursor out of the quote box (the original problem). It seems like it should work the same, regardless of the board version.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 June 19th 2013, 11:11 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
RedMomma5 wrote:

Maybe that's it.  I figured out the the original script was adding an additional "<br />" in each quoted text, each time it's quoted.  All I did was add the .replace function to strip out the extra "<br />" codes from the quoted text, leaving the final "<br />" to break the cursor out of the quote box (the original problem).  It seems like it should work the same, regardless of the board version.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I sincerely appreciate your attempt to help. Thank you again.Smile
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 11:19 pm

RedMomma5 wrote:

I sincerely appreciate your attempt to help.  Thank you again.Smile

I just checked, and I think I see what happening.

Last edited by Mr MattM on June 20th 2013, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 19th 2013, 11:40 pm

This might just do the trick...

Code:
$(function () {
        if (!$.sceditor) return;
        $.sceditor.plugins.bbcode.bbcodes.quote.html = function (token, attrs, content) {
        if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content.replace(/<br[^>]*>/g, '');
        return '<blockquote>' + content.replace(/<br[^>]*>/g, '')  + '</blockquote><br />';
        };
        });
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by MousEarz June 20th 2013, 1:43 am

melodiccolor wrote:
APE wrote:
MousEarz wrote:
Thank you for your response. I understand the concept of needing time to fix things as well as a time difference due to location; however, the issues that I'm wondering about have been issues for everyone with every forum on forumotion from the day this new editor went live...which was almost a week ago. As such, I'm sure you can understand the frustration felt by so many members.

I know it's taking it's time to get fixed and i have had to look over codes and other things to get my forum right as well and now i have to go and do the other forum i run as well,

I my self am not happy it has took so long but i look out side the box here and know it will be fixed soon
My frustration is about the same as yours but i put all the fixes in place that i come across and mark them so when FM come up with there fix its easy to remove again.

I am a little shocked that it has took it's time too but hey,

I'm only a helper here and not staff, I try my best to help when ever i can. The bad thing is No one from the head office has come and gave us a report on what is going on i have to go over and read it for my self.

Tech in the french forum has put up a progress report on the french forum but it's bad that we don't have one here that can let us all know what is going on and all the bugs that are fixed right now.

I may ask TGF if it's okay for me to put this in place  or even him to do it.

As we all want the feed back and feel we have been left in the dark on all this.

I will be more then happy to go in 2 or 3 times a day and report back but no one really takes my word for it as i am not really staff here.

Hope You all understand.
And please try and have a really nice day.

Ape, I for one would appreciate your checking and reporting what you find.  I do take your word for it, as you have made clear it is only what you find on the french help forum.  When the story changes, it is not your fault if all you are doing is gathering best current information available and letting us know.  Thanks for doing your best under so much heat.

I agree. Absolutely appreciate your time & effort to keep us informed & answer questions that my go unnoticed due to the traffic in this thread.
MousEarz

Female Posts : 20

http://craftyus.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 20th 2013, 1:45 am

Mr MattM wrote:
RedMomma5 wrote:

I sincerely appreciate your attempt to help.  Thank you again.Smile

I just checked, and I think I see what happening.

Mr MattM wrote:This might just do the trick...

Code:
$(function () {
        if (!$.sceditor) return;
        $.sceditor.plugins.bbcode.bbcodes.quote.html = function (token, attrs, content) {
        if (typeof attrs.defaultattr !== "undefined") content = '<cite>' + attrs.defaultattr + '</cite>' + content.replace(/<br[^>]*>/g, '');
        return '<blockquote>' + content.replace(/<br[^>]*>/g, '')  + '</blockquote><br />';
        };
        });
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 24 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51519

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by jefgold June 20th 2013, 2:39 am

On http://golddetecting.4umer.net/  we are having the same problems as everyone else, screens freezing, Replies to quotes in the same colour with the quote not differentiated, replies to PMs freezing.

Can you give us an estimated time when the fixes will be done please

Jeff
jefgold

Male Posts : 23

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Made June 20th 2013, 2:59 am

Sincere thanks go to every savvy code members who are trying to help all the rest of us work around this new editor.

Having said that, there is a majority of the users of FM's forums who don't know anything about coding, css, javascripts et al who chose to start their forums with FM because it was a free "plug and play" solution. Moreover, some of them have PAID for forum features.

So, subjecting that majority to all this confusing, annoying and, to be honest, not well thought out "upgraded BETA editor", has no sense at all!   Believe me, when and if the techs at FM solve the issues in this editor, you'll all have to go back to your precious coding and change it all back again. As I've said before, this happened back in 2011 and FM had to reinstate the old editor.

ETA: FYI, I know one thing or two about coding but philosophically I'm totally against this action taken by FM seeing the catastrophic results it has yielded.

AND where has "The Godfather" been in all this caos... haven't heard from him in this thread...

Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 20th 2013, 4:01 am

Made wrote: Believe me, when and if the techs at FM solve the issues in this editor, you'll all have to go back to your precious coding and change it all back again.
Yes my thoughts exactly as I've already stated pretty much the same thing. I only hope these people can remember what codes they are adding to there forums so they can take them all out again after the techs fix it. I mean they may have to. Its quite probable after the techs fit the editor the ones who added codes to there forums the editors will be messed up again while the ones who didn't add any codes and waited there forums will be fixed. The ones that know what there doing and knowingly added temporary codes will be fine, but the other people copying and pasting codes into there forums not knowing exactly what they're adding thinking its a permanent fix might be in for a disappointment, and have trouble removing those same codes.

Some food for thought before you add codes you're unsure of. I havent added anything because my editor is working fine except for the quote that puts the cursor in the wrong place, which is a small issue in my opinion.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe June 20th 2013, 4:33 am

Made wrote:Sincere thanks go to every savvy code members who are trying to help all the rest of us work around this new editor.

Having said that, there is a majority of the users of FM's forums who don't know anything about coding, css, javascripts et al who chose to start their forums with FM because it was a free "plug and play" solution. Moreover, some of them have PAID for forum features.

So, subjecting that majority to all this confusing, annoying and, to be honest, not well thought out "upgraded BETA editor", has no sense at all!   Believe me, when and if the techs at FM solve the issues in this editor, you'll all have to go back to your precious coding and change it all back again. As I've said before, this happened back in 2011 and FM had to reinstate the old editor.

ETA: FYI, I know one thing or two about coding but philosophically I'm totally against this action taken by FM seeing the catastrophic results it has yielded.

AND where has "The Godfather" been in all this caos... haven't heard from him in this thread...

I agree. it's been over a week now and the problems still persist, what are the Techs doing? Obviously very little. Surely it doesn't take this long to sort out the issues. Put back the old editor, it worked fine and it would probably be easier to put back than to fix the new editor, at least until the new editor is out of it's Beta stage.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 20th 2013, 4:54 am

Everyone needs to wait patiently for the announcements about the new editor.  We can not say when things will be fixed or what is going to happen with the new editor.  We all have to wait until the official announcements from Forumotion.  So in this thread, please just post the issues are you having with the editor.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Festina Lente June 20th 2013, 8:54 am

I have an issue with smileys. After typing a text  smiley cannot be visible. Instead we see its code. We must hit Space Bar after text to make a little space between text and smiley in order to see smiley. We didn't have this problem with the old editor. Is there another way to fix this issue?
Festina Lente
Festina Lente
Forumember

Male Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Willyrka June 20th 2013, 9:38 am

Johnny Doc wrote:I have an issue with smileys. After typing a text  smiley cannot be visible. Instead we see its code. We must hit Space Bar after text to make a little space between text and smiley in order to see smiley. We didn't have this problem with the old editor. Is there another way to fix this issue?
Indeed, and after hitting "preview", the space that was there in disappears and I have to add it again before posting or the final post has no smiley, only text. It's extra work for the users and most of them have no idea what actually went wrong since they could see their smilies in the preview.
Willyrka
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Festina Lente June 20th 2013, 9:44 am

It is not a solution
Festina Lente
Festina Lente
Forumember

Male Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly123 June 20th 2013, 1:44 pm

My forum uses photobucket for uploading images using IMG code how do we use this with the new editor?
kelly123
kelly123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 20th 2013, 2:03 pm

You don't need to use the editor, since photobucket must be directly providing you with the code.
The tags would look like this.
Code:
[img]Image URL[/img]
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk June 20th 2013, 2:24 pm

Apparently, maintenance is currently being done with forums now. I hope this is the big fix or is this usually scheduled for this time on a regular basis?
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 20th 2013, 2:33 pm

I don't see a maintenance page on my forum. Are you still experiencing it?
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk June 20th 2013, 2:45 pm

Yes, it took me to another page explaining what they were doing. Was 60% through when I last checked.
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mangaka June 20th 2013, 2:47 pm

Well,in some case,people not agree with this text editor

I'm just agree,then,i have 1 problems

how to change the bbcode buttons image?
mangaka
mangaka
Forumember

Female Posts : 121
Language : Indonesia

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk June 20th 2013, 2:49 pm

Well that was quick. I just logged back in. It must be over now.
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by alfa27 June 20th 2013, 5:37 pm

i am getting you message must be 5 words or longer when i post.
alfa27
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by laurielurcher June 20th 2013, 8:17 pm

Can anyone help with the screen freezing PM problem.
laurielurcher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 20th 2013, 8:21 pm

laurielurcher wrote:Can anyone help with the screen freezing PM problem.

I see this with Internet Explorer version 7. If that's the case, the browser really needs to be updated.
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by whitestarling1 June 21st 2013, 12:06 am

laurielurcher wrote:Can anyone help with the screen freezing PM problem.

There's no way round it with IE. The options are to use another browser like Chrome, or Firefox, alternativly tell your members to use the email contact option to stay in touch untill a fix is done
whitestarling1
whitestarling1
Forumember

http:// wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by forumadminewbie June 21st 2013, 12:37 am

SLGray wrote:Everyone needs to wait patiently for the announcements about the new editor.  We can not say when things will be fixed or what is going to happen with the new editor.  We all have to wait until the official announcements from Forumotion.  So in this thread, please just post the issues are you having with the editor.

Why on earth were they even changed to begin with? Who asked them??
forumadminewbie
forumadminewbie

Back to top Go down

Post by forumadminewbie June 21st 2013, 12:39 am

thunderwagn wrote:Can't say that hitting the Switch Editor Mode button is a proper fix for the quote issues in WYSIWYG mode. Is there a real fix coming for this? This is a pretty standard basic function. Seems odd that even in BETA form, this issue would be "overlooked".
héhé completely agree!
forumadminewbie
forumadminewbie

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 21st 2013, 2:57 am

forumadminewbie wrote:
SLGray wrote:Everyone needs to wait patiently for the announcements about the new editor.  We can not say when things will be fixed or what is going to happen with the new editor.  We all have to wait until the official announcements from Forumotion.  So in this thread, please just post the issues are you having with the editor.
Why on earth were they even changed to begin with? Who asked them??
The community asked for a better editor.
forumadminewbie wrote:
thunderwagn wrote:Can't say that hitting the Switch Editor Mode button is a proper fix for the quote issues in WYSIWYG mode. Is there a real fix coming for this? This is a pretty standard basic function. Seems odd that even in BETA form, this issue would be "overlooked".
héhé  completely agree!
   Second Reminder:
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next