The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing the mobile version of my forum.

+2
RadioHead
TasV
6 posters

Go down

Editing the mobile version of my forum. Empty Editing the mobile version of my forum.

Post by TasV March 9th 2014, 8:51 am

Apologies if this has been covered. A quick search did not reveal the answers I was after.

Is it possible to edit the look of our forums on mobile devices through the admin control panel or is it a one look fits all thing? I ask because the look I was going for in the classic version is very different to the look in the mobile version and I was hoping to bring them more into line with each other.

Regards,

Simon
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Editing the mobile version of my forum. Empty Re: Editing the mobile version of my forum.

Post by RadioHead March 9th 2014, 10:58 am

Hi,

Yes it is more then possible to modify the mobile version through the CSS of your forum, however the exact coding is not well known. Sorry. TT
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Editing the mobile version of my forum. Empty Re: Editing the mobile version of my forum.

Post by TasV March 9th 2014, 11:17 am

Thank you.  Cool 

So what do we know about the css?
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Yada March 15th 2014, 1:18 am

I'm also wondering the same question... How can I make my forum be mobile viewable
? Any assistance would be appreciated!
Yada
Yada
Forumember

Female Posts : 132

http://simplyriley.fanforum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 15th 2014, 4:23 am

Hi Very Happy

If you've browsed through topics, you would know that the mobile version is still in Beta test. There is no possible way for that at the moment, but you can suggest it in the suggestions area Smile .

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead March 15th 2014, 4:44 am

Pizza Boi wrote:Hi Very Happy

If you've browsed through topics, you would know that the mobile version is still in Beta test. There is no possible way for that at the moment, but you can suggest it in the suggestions area Smile .

Regards,
Pizza Boi

Actually, if you were to look at the index of your admin panel, you would notice that it is now fully optimised for mobiles, and no longer in Beta.
Also see the announcement
=> https://help.forumotion.com/t120827-new-updates-upgrade-of-the-toolbar-and-improvement-of-the-mobile-version

I havn't be able to locate a confirmed list of css codes to modify the mobile mode however know its possible, an example is http://forum.forumactif.com (From your mobile)
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 15th 2014, 4:51 am

Hi Very Happy 

Oops, didn't see that announcement, sorry lol. I wonder if they'll give out the full package for selectors though, so it would be easier to modify and won't be a hassle to check the console if ever.

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 15th 2014, 4:53 am

It exactly does not say that the mobile version is out of beta testing.  It just says that you can log in and post.

Editing the mobile version of my forum. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51495

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead March 15th 2014, 4:58 am

SLGray wrote:It exactly does not say that the mobile version is out of beta testing.  It just says that you can log in and post.

Exactally, no note of beta, meaning it is no longer in beta   Very Happy
If it were to still be in beta, the message would have been worded to denounce that it is still in trials.

Pizza, I don't think they will be releasing the package, considering it's been out for over 12 months.
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 15th 2014, 4:59 am

There are still features of the forum that does not work on the mobile version.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead March 15th 2014, 5:03 am

SLGray wrote:There are still features of the forum that does not work on the mobile version.

I'd recommend passing that information direct to the devs then, considering that they have probably just over looked some things, or agreed to not implement certain features.

In a legal stand point it isn't in beta, due to the upgrade, and no-mention of beta.
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 15th 2014, 5:05 am

This is going off-topic. We can discuss this by private messages.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yada March 15th 2014, 11:06 pm

ok, thank you!
Yada
Yada
Forumember

Female Posts : 132

http://simplyriley.fanforum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by lightningterror March 21st 2014, 12:19 am

If you want to view how the site looks on mobile then i recommend using an extension "User-Agent Switcher" , it lets you view your website on any device.

Now about the mobile version itself  , i don't wanna post a new topic since this one is already made so ... i seem to be having problems changing the css, whenever i change the css the display of the forum gets messed up

This is the css i use

Code:
.mobile_title {
background: none rgb(221, 190, 190) !important;
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(rgb(221, 190, 190)), to(rgb(151, 88, 88)), color-stop(0.48, rgb(181, 139, 139)), color-stop(0.5, rgb(175, 129, 129))) !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgb(221, 190, 190), rgb(151, 88, 88)) !important;
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgb(221, 190, 190), rgb(151, 88, 88)) !important;
background: linear-gradient(top, rgb(221, 190, 190), rgb(151, 88, 88)) !important;
border-top: 1px solid rgb(230, 208, 208) !important;
border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(128, 63, 63) !important;
}
.mobile_set, .postbody, .post_header {
background: none rgb(238, 52, 52) !important;
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(rgb(238, 52, 52)), to(rgb(92, 36, 36)), color-stop(0.48, rgb(219, 72, 72)), color-stop(0.5, rgb(203, 56, 56))) !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgb(238, 52, 52), rgb(92, 36, 36)) !important;
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgb(238, 52, 52), rgb(92, 36, 36)) !important;
}
.mobile_prev_button, .mobile_next_button, .defaultBtn /**previous , next button mobile , send**/{
background: none rgb(204, 159, 159) !important;
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(rgb(204, 159, 159)), to(rgb(171, 91, 91)), color-stop(0.5, rgb(178, 107, 107)), color-stop(0.51, rgb(170, 89, 89))) !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgb(204, 159, 159), rgb(171, 91, 91)) !important;
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgb(204, 159, 159), rgb(171, 91, 91)) !important;
}
lightningterror
lightningterror
Forumember

Male Posts : 45

http://hellguards.nice-forum.com/

Back to top Go down