The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I email in html and not simple text

4 posters

Go down

In progress How can I email in html and not simple text

Post by azwiz January 11th 2015, 10:17 pm

my forum won't let me send emails in html . It says somebody might not be able to read it . and then it deletes what I just wrote . I would like it to stop doing that . 

Simple text does not provide an edit bar for url's , pics , images , fonts , colors . I will have to examine all members to see what may be blocking it

Last edited by azwiz on January 11th 2015, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How can I email in html and not simple text

Post by Guest January 11th 2015, 10:29 pm

Hello Azwiz,
The reason for it not being sent is cause one of your members may not be allowing emails to be sent with the HTML format to their email. You would have to check through each member that you are trying to send this email to in order to find out who may be causing this error to occur. Your best bet will to write and send this email in the Simple Text format rather then an HTML format so that all members get it and this error shouldn't occur if you do it in the Simple Text format. I am not 100% if this is what will solve the issue but I am fairly sure it will.

Hope this helps you out!

-James

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz January 11th 2015, 10:47 pm

How can I email in html and not simple text 2nd_cl11
How can I email in html and not simple text 3rd_sc10
Jadster wrote:Hello Azwiz,
The reason for it not being sent is cause one of your members may not be allowing emails to be sent with the HTML format to their email. You would have to check through each member that you are trying to send this email to in order to find out who may be causing this error to occur. Your best bet will to write and send this email in the Simple Text format rather then an HTML format so that all members get it and this error shouldn't occur if you do it in the Simple Text format. I am not 100% if this is what will solve the issue but I am fairly sure it will.

Hope this helps you out!

-James
How do i find this out wyhat do I look for ?
Thank you It just worked . I had typed you the whole sequence twice and i lost them so hell with it . Thanx SOLVED

See the message I sent ? everyone got that . i didnt think there was any chance it would work . lol

Last edited by azwiz on January 12th 2015, 1:23 am; edited 5 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2015, 10:52 pm

It would more then likely be something that they selected in their preferences of their account. Just look at the user preferences and you should find it there. Users have the permission to select whether or not they wish to receive the newsletter from the forum so if a user has set it to "No" then this may be what is causing the error rather then it being the format that the message is in.

-James

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 11th 2015, 10:55 pm

They has nothing to do with the editor.

What exactly happens when you try to use HTML formatting?

How can I email in html and not simple text Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape January 11th 2015, 11:29 pm

Please take a screen shot of what you see when you try and send the news letter

How can I email in html and not simple text Left1212How can I email in html and not simple text Center11How can I email in html and not simple text Right112
How can I email in html and not simple text Ape_b110
How can I email in html and not simple text Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Scientist January 12th 2015, 12:10 am

Hello @azwiz,

What you see is not an error nor it has something to do with your members' preferences. When you choose to send a newsletter in Rich Text Format, this enables you to style the message with HTML options. It always depends if user's email supports HTML styling or not. Some people have it disabled, some email providers don't support it by default etc. Thus, forumotion has an option when you want to send newsletter in rich text format, after clicking submit, it will show you another window by saying:

"Please make the necessary changes so that users who can not view your newsletter in HTML can read this one correctly."

It gives your option to have an alternative version of your message as simple text without any styling added to it. So, that means it does not reset your original message, instead it wants you to set an alternative version of your message as simple text that will be displayed in case that member's email won't display the rich text one.

I tested the feature. What I did was style the sentence of mine with some CSS. Then when it asks me for simple version I even added few more lines of text. When I got the email, since my email supports HTML I have got the rich text one with styling. The few more lines I added to simple text editor later did not appear, which means it stores two different versions of your message, it won't reset anything like you suspected.

So, just enjoy and send that newsletter with no worries. Check the simple version if it looks okay and that's it.
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

http://www.duelacademia.com/

Back to top Go down