The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar?

2 posters

Go down

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Empty How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar?

Post by Taiwan Dive Sites August 5th 2015, 6:29 pm

Hey Guys.

I want the gallery to be active for the widget but I need to make room in the navbar. It's too full. How can I remove it?

Thanks
Taiwan Dive Sites
Forumember

Language : English

http://taiwandivesites.greatestboard.com/

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Empty Re: How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar?

Post by brandon_g August 5th 2015, 6:40 pm

Hello,

Is the navbar a picture based navbar or the default/standard text based navbar?

-Brandon

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Brando10
Remember to mark your topic How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Empty Re: How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar?

Post by Taiwan Dive Sites August 5th 2015, 6:52 pm

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

Is the navbar a picture based navbar or the default/standard text based navbar?

-Brandon
Default standard text.
Taiwan Dive Sites
Forumember

http://taiwandivesites.greatestboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g August 5th 2015, 9:28 pm

Hello,

Unfornatelly, its not possible to hide it with the standard text navigation, atleast not completely. The only way I think we can possibly do this is to modify the rights of who can view the gallery. By doing so, anyone who doesn't have the right to view the gallery can not see the link.

Doing this, however, will likely not allow your users to view the gallery. With that being said, if you are ok with this risk, you can proceed to change this by following these steps:

Go to ACP (Admin panel)--> Display-->Headers and navigation--> You will see there is a list of all the things available, next to gallery, hit the modify icon (the little yellow wheel) , this will bring you to the modification options and fields for gallery. By where it says permissions, you will see a wordlink that says 'Modify' click this. On the page it brings you to, find gallery, in the drop down box select 'Administrators' , save. This will hide the navigation link and the gallery to anyone but Administrators.

This may not he exactly what you were looking for, but with the standard text navigation bar, options are limited and the above is all you can really do.

If it was a picture/image based navigation bar, it would be 30x easier and we could accomplish precisely what you are asking. As it stands, with your current navigation bar, the standard bar, my instructions are the best we can do. There is the possibilty it can be accomplished better with the navigation bar using CCS. I am not sure of this though, as that is not my specialty.

-Brandon

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Brando10
Remember to mark your topic How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

How do I remove the Gallery from the navbar? Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down