The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure might have a virus on my website

2 posters

Go down

Solved Not sure might have a virus on my website

Post by Guest January 24th 2016, 4:51 am

Yesterday I got on my Website and the Portal was looking weird..most of my icons and buttons was missing and one of my Widgets was wacky..all over the place..so I took off the Widgets and put them back on one at a time with the stuff that was supposed to be in there..but one of them was going in..contacted one of my Administrators to see if she could send me another picture figured it might be it..kept it off until she could get back with me..still have it off..wasn't her picture..

Was going to do a factory restore yesterday anyway so decided to do it earlier than I thought..figured that might fix the problem..nope didn't..

This morning and this afternoon I did 2 more factory restores and the same thing..

On the Portal instead of navbar I have 4 pictures of 4 different guys..now they are not nude or anything but they should not be there..

I just went in as a guest and they are not there..I guess I am the only one seeing them..my other members are not seeing them as well..

I have taken off everything that I had added yesterday thinking well it has to be something that I added..nope..

Nobody can see it but me..so what is going on..

I don't know how to take a picture of the screen to show you so unless I get a staff member to go in under my name nobody will see it..

Please help..driving me nuts

Thank you in advance for all your help

Now I just went back in and those pictures are not just in my Portal they are in the Forum itself in the navbar..???

Ok just went back in and they are gone from every page..going to keep this open until I know for sure..maybe someone can give me some advice on what to do if or when they show back up..driving me nuts..

Last edited by Broomhilda on January 25th 2016, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Not sure might have a virus on my website

Post by brandon_g January 24th 2016, 5:12 am

Hello,
Let me see if I understand correctly, you have images missing and/or some added on your forum and you are the only one who experiences this? Have you tried clearing you browser's cache and cookies and/or your forum cookies to see if this solves the browse? Have you also tried using a different browser or devics to see if the problem occurs from them?

As for how to take a screenshot, this tutorial should help you learn how to take one: https://help.forumotion.com/t140199-how-to-take-a-screenshot#952901 .

-Brandon

Not sure might have a virus on my website Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Not sure might have a virus on my website Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Not sure might have a virus on my website Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 24th 2016, 5:28 am

Yes, and I did the clearing browser's cache and cookies before I did the factory restore yesterday..

Everything seems to be fine now but can I leave this open for a few days to make sure please..

Thank you brandon

I have tried the picture thing but I could never get it to work for me or I just couldn't find the pictures..people have tried to help me take pictures using that method but..stupid me..

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g January 24th 2016, 5:41 am

Of course you can have it left open Wink.
Hey just keep trying, one day you will get it. Smile

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic Not sure might have a virus on my website Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 24th 2016, 5:47 am

lol..well I was able to use Adobe Photoshop after being terrified of it for years..I was able to make a Website without freaking out to bad lol..and a few other new things..so I figured if I keep trying on that picture thing I just might get it haha..

Thanks brandon..

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g January 24th 2016, 6:02 am

Yep, as they say practice makes perfect, just have it and one day you will get it.

Your welcome, anytime. Very Happy

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 24th 2016, 8:53 pm

It sounds like there was an issue with the image hosting site.  Sometimes you will see different images.  Also when an image has been deleted or moved, you will get a broken image symbol.

This has happened to me on occasions.  On one forum which is not hosted by Forumotion we all got a big surprised when there was a glitch with the image hosting site.

Not sure might have a virus on my website Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 25th 2016, 12:42 am

That could have been..I hate when that happens..lol.. because yesterday when the Portal went wonky I couldn't get one of the Admin. pictures up..everything seems to be fine now..

I think I can go ahead and close this..everything on the other sites seem fine as well now..

Thank you brandon and Gray for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g January 25th 2016, 12:56 am

Your welcome anytime Very Happy.

If anything more arises in regards to this issue, please don't hesitate to send me or another support moderator or manager a pm with the link to this thread and request an unlock Wink.

Topic solved and archived ~ brandon_g

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down