The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads

3 posters

Go down

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Empty Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads

Post by rabid squirrel February 2nd 2016, 4:56 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Screenshot of problem : https://2img.net/h/s22.postimg.cc/6g1vjq0b5/Screen_Shot_2016_02_02_at_9_41_00_AM.png
Who the problem concerns : All members
When the problem appeared : Last night, when a member brought it to my attention
Forum link : http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11428p25-the-well-tempered-kramual

Description of problem

On my forum, we have embedded in a forum widget the chat from our community's livestream twitch.tv channel.

Last night, it was brought to my attention that some pages were freezing. It was determined to be:
1. Caused by the embedded chat
2. Only an issue in Google Chrome
3. Only an issue on pages 2+ of threads
4. Not related to any chrome extension
5. Sometimes will freeze for a bit and then load, other times the page will stop responding and have to be killed

This has never been an issue before and I have made zero changes to the forum. Worst case scenario I could remove the chat from the widgets but it is a big way people communicate on our site.

Bizarrely, the Admin CP where I can edit the embedded code also froze, and the page where I posted the code publicly also froze. I had to open Safari to get it. I'll put it in a spoiler to make sure this page doesn't freeze too. Here it is:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Empty Re: Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads

Post by brandon_g February 2nd 2016, 5:23 pm

Hello,

Could the issue maybe be on Twitch's end? Have you tried contacting their support team about this issue?

-Brandon

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10112

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Empty Re: Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads

Post by rabid squirrel February 2nd 2016, 5:37 pm

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

Could the issue maybe be on Twitch's end? Have you tried contacting their support team about this issue?

-Brandon
The twitch chat seems to work just fine on the main page of the site and on the first page of threads as well as on any twitch.tv page, so I was hoping I would be more likely to find help here. But I plan on trying that as well if I can't get any answers here.

EDIT: also that doesn't explain why the page freezes in admin cp when I'm just trying to look at the code

EDIT2: sent a help request to twitch
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 2nd 2016, 8:03 pm

Moved to the correct section.

Embedded twitch chat freezing later pages of longer threads Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51519

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down