The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exchange with others......

4 posters

Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

Exchange with others...... Left1182%Exchange with others...... Right11 82% 
[ 9 ]
Exchange with others...... Left1118%Exchange with others...... Right11 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Exchange with others...... Empty Exchange with others......

Post by JennyorAlice April 12th 2016, 1:31 am

I was wondering if this was something that can be done here to help other people with their forum.

What about having a section where members can exchange posts. For instance, let's say I would like to increase activity on my forum. I'll start a topic with my forum and my username on the forum, and I'll add a list of forums that I'd be willing to exchange with. People that have a forum from that genre or category can reply with their forum and how many posts that would be comfortable with exchanging with me. Once the amount of posts/topics have been agreed upon, myself and the other person would complete that amount on the other person's forum. This would end the exchange unless we agreed to do another exchange in the future.

What do you think of adding something like this here?
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Exchange with others...... Empty Re: Exchange with others......

Post by SLGray April 12th 2016, 3:50 am

Is this suggestion for the support forum?

Exchange with others...... Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 12th 2016, 7:30 am

@SLGray, I would assume so since Bazinga used the word "here" instead of referring to our individual forums.

@Bazinga!,
I recognize this idea for various reasons, seeing as how I know of it from another forum and while I do think it would be a nice idea, you don't see something like this added onto a forum based around support for a specific software. Such as this forum for example. This is a support forum for Forumotion. Though your idea could technically "support" the members by getting them more content for their forums, I feel this is an idea that would be suited for promotional based or admin based forums. Or even forums like yours for example. This should be more of a personal idea to have implemented on other people's forums but I don't see this overall benefiting the Support Forum Community here. But again, that is my personal opinion. As I mentioned, I think it is a nice idea, just not one that I feel would help the Support Forum out much.

Regards,
James

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 12th 2016, 9:37 pm

Is this what you are referring to:  https://help.forumotion.com/t141811-packager-group ?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice April 13th 2016, 1:16 am

@Meliodas I appreciate you for sharing your opinion regarding this topic.

@SLGRAY No. That is a completely different idea. The idea I mentioned in that other topic is about added a staff group to the support forum here that would post on other people's forums. The idea that I am discussing in this thread is about two people agreeing to post on each other's forum.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 13th 2016, 1:29 am

I am still confused.  Are you want this added to your forum or the support forum?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice April 13th 2016, 1:30 am

I am curious if we can add an area/section here, on the support forum.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 13th 2016, 1:33 am

Moved to the correct section.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 13th 2016, 7:00 am

@SLGray, If you aren't understanding what Bazinga means by this idea, I can explain a bit.

Bazinga wants to see if a new forum entirely could be added to the Support Forum. Something titled around "Exchange". This forum section would serve to have 1 purpose and that would be for the members of the support forum to go and say "hey, I have this type of forum and I would be willing to post content on these types of forum."

Other people would see this and respond with their forums and the 2 parties would agree to exchange content on each others forums to help both sites gain content that they are familiar with. This is a promotion based tactic to get more content & more members. A small step but simple method to growing a community. It works, slowly but surely. I just figured I could help explain this a bit more for you or anybody who may not understand the whole idea behind this.

@Bazinga!, is my description above accurate? If you have anything to add, feel free to!

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice April 15th 2016, 5:54 am

Meliodas wrote:@SLGray, If you aren't understanding what Bazinga means by this idea, I can explain a bit.

Bazinga wants to see if a new forum entirely could be added to the Support Forum. Something titled around "Exchange". This forum section would serve to have 1 purpose and that would be for the members of the support forum to go and say "hey, I have this type of forum and I would be willing to post content on these types of forum."

Other people would see this and respond with their forums and the 2 parties would agree to exchange content on each others forums to help both sites gain content that they are familiar with. This is a promotion based tactic to get more content & more members. A small step but simple method to growing a community. It works, slowly but surely. I just figured I could help explain this a bit more for you or anybody who may not understand the whole idea behind this.

@Bazinga!, is my description above accurate? If you have anything to add, feel free to!

This is precisely what I was trying to explain. Thank you, Meliodas!
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice February 1st 2017, 12:42 am

I am still interested in this idea.

You have a section where the reviewers (or any member here on the support forum for that matter) can review a forum whenever someone asks for it. Why not have a section where someone can request to do an exchange with other members here on the support forum. For example, I'll post a thread stating that I am open to exchanges on my forum. Let's say that Mimikyu replies to my thread with a link to their forum and asks if I would be interested in doing a 10/10 exchange (meaning I make 10 posts on their forum in exchange for them doing 10 posts on my forum). We both walk away with a member and some free posts on each others forum. And we can agree to do exchanges as much as we want as long as both of us are open to it.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 1st 2017, 5:53 am

Even after a year of silence on this thread I am still 100% for this idea. Like I said in my post before, I know it is an effective strategy and I think members can make great use of it. You could always add it as a Sub-Forum under the General Discussion category to avoid having to create an entire forum for it on the main page if that would also be easier.

Still supporting this idea!

Cheers,
James

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 8th 2017, 11:20 pm

Bazinga! wrote:I am still interested in this idea.

You have a section where the reviewers (or any member here on the support forum for that matter) can review a forum whenever someone asks for it. Why not have a section where someone can request to do an exchange with other members here on the support forum. For example, I'll post a thread stating that I am open to exchanges on my forum. Let's say that Mimikyu replies to my thread with a link to their forum and asks if I would be interested in doing a 10/10 exchange (meaning I make 10 posts on their forum in exchange for them doing 10 posts on my forum). We both walk away with a member and some free posts on each others forum. And we can agree to do exchanges as much as we want as long as both of us are open to it.

If we were going to do this then we'd have to have a team to manage it and we might as well go with the packagers idea as this is very similar.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 9th 2017, 5:47 am

Derri wrote:

If we were going to do this then we'd have to have a team to manage it and we might as well go with the packagers idea as this is very similar.

A package team still seems like it would be a nice idea. We have a review team to help the members of Forumotion to get great comments and opinions on their websites, a Package Team would be able to help the new forums get some great startup content and even existing forums can get great new content to help contribute to their growing community.

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice May 30th 2017, 1:17 am

Jadster wrote:
Derri wrote:

A package team still seems like it would be a nice idea. We have a review team to help the members of Forumotion to get great comments and opinions on their websites, a Package Team would be able to help the new forums get some great startup content and even existing forums can get great new content to help contribute to their growing community.

Even if all the only task that the packagers had was managing this section, I would be happy with that. But having the packagers add content to new or existing forums would be ideal to me.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by VoIP July 16th 2017, 4:48 am

In my opinion, there needs no "extra" support group to share activity between forums. If a staff memeber, or any other user decides they want to join they will. Its the job of the owner, who should be sponsering it and keeping it active. I am unaware if forumotion has SEO(Search Engine Optimization) but it may be a great idea to add that to a list to make it more founded on google.

A user should respond because they want to, NOT because they are forced via an "Exchange" too.
VoIP
VoIP

http://test.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice August 7th 2017, 1:36 am

VoIP wrote:In my opinion, there needs no "extra" support group to share activity between forums. If a staff memeber, or any other user decides they want to join they will. Its the job of the owner, who should be sponsering it and keeping it active. I am unaware if forumotion has SEO(Search Engine Optimization) but it may be a great idea to add that to a list to make it more founded on google.

A user should respond because they want to, NOT because they are forced via an "Exchange" too.

It's not that you're being forced to do anything. You are agreeing to post on someone else's forum in exchange for someone else doing the same thing on your forum. Both of you are getting the same thing from each other and both of you are equally benefiting from the exchange.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum