The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification?

Post by volvie! November 28th 2016, 11:43 am

Hi Forumotion Help Team,

Lots of little questions about the new mobile theme:
https://help.forumotion.com/t148389-mobile-version-new-features-for-a-better-user-experience

I'm not sure if these are support questions or suggestion questions as I haven't yet found any answers in the Admin Panel or Help Forum...

In any case, thanks for the continued updates and helping us keep our forums up-to-date! Very Happy

---

On the mobile theme, is there a way (or will there be a way) to:

1. Turn on / display announcements?

2. Turn on / display the welcome message?

For items 1 and 2, I would like to make sure our guests and members have access to the same information no matter which device they access the forum from.

---

3. Choose how the forum information is displayed on the forum home page / index?
(Forum description vs. latest post information)

For item 3, we have forum sections set with different permissions-- some are set so that guests can see the forum description, but need to register or log in to view or read the topics.

On the mobile theme, the latest post information (topic title and username) is viewable to guests (and we would prefer that guests see the forum description instead).

Is there a way to change this currently?

11-29-2016 Edit:
Or, perhaps a short customizable message that registration / log in is required to see the content?
End edit.

12-1-2016 Edit:
Browsing around the Admin Panel for some other maintenance and noticed that the following setting is already selected:
Display --> Homepage Structure and Hierarchy --> Hierarchy --> "Show the last topic titles on index" --> No

This will accomplish part of the goal if it can be applied to the mobile theme!
Any thoughts or ideas?
End edit.

---

4. Just Humans Image Verification before registration (previously set-up through HTML re-direction) is not currently working in mobile theme (but, does work when viewing "classic theme" on mobile).

Anyone still using the Just Humans Image Verification for registration?

It seems the original topic may no longer be available:
https://help.forumotion.com/t9643-how-to-add-image-verification-to-your-forum

But, I was able to find these topics which highlight the step where a new navigation re-direct was created.

https://help.forumotion.com/t16643-help-how-to-add-image-verification-to-your-forum?highlight=verification

https://help.forumotion.com/t17788-how-can-i-make-image-verification-solved?highlight=verification

Is there a way (or will there be a way) to access the navigation options for the mobile theme to turn this re-direction on in mobile theme?

---

Thank you for your time and consideration! Very good

Take care,
volvie!

Last edited by volvie! on December 15th 2016, 6:23 am; edited 3 times in total
volvie!
volvie!

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification?

Post by volvie! December 6th 2016, 2:20 am

Bump.

Any and all help is appreciated! Very Happy

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification?

Post by SLGray December 6th 2016, 12:04 pm

2. What do you mean by welcome message?

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 6th 2016, 12:53 pm

SLGray wrote:2. What do you mean by welcome message?

Hi SLGray,

I just logged into the Admin Panel:

Welcome message = Homepage message

Display --> Homepage Generalities --> Homepage Message

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 6th 2016, 11:19 pm

ChanelW wrote:Hello,

I understand your second question, however, in what way do you mean announcements?
Do you mean displayed across the page on the mobile, topic announcements?

I really do not know if it is possible to activate the welcome message feature, Can you see the option as for the minute I cannot check. If it's not there, then you can certainly post it in the suggestion area of the forum Smile

Thanks,
ChanelW :rose:

Hi ChanelW,

It gets confusing doesn't it!

The announcements I am referring to are the ones that are activated in the Admin Panel this way:

General --> Messages and emails --> Announcements

I currently have them activated on my forum homepage and use them as a news and announcements feature (that is, they change often).

I like how the Announcements and Homepage Message are the first thing seen by desktop users and would like to try to find a way to replicate this for mobile users (so they have the same information).

Our forum is very basic / simple (no portal page, widgets, etc.), so if there is a solution / work around, I would prefer that it is also simple.

If there is no current option to achieve this, please let me know and I will make a suggestion!

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 6th 2016, 11:46 pm

Hello,

Mobile Announcements:
Right now the Announcements system is not working on the mobile system but we are still in beta mode on the mobile system and we are still coming up with new Mobile updates.

welcome message:
Currently The Pop up for the welcome message is not working on the mobile system and I was not sure at first but when looking in to this as we are still in beta mode on the mobile system most of the settings your get on the main layout of your forum will not work right now.

We are still working on the beta mobile updates but I'm not sure what things are listed.

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Left1212Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Center11Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Right112
Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Ape_b110
Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 7th 2016, 1:33 am

Hi APE,

Thanks for the update!

Would you like me to move question one and two to the suggestion section so you can get more feedback about these ideas (since you guys are still in beta development)?

---

While the mobile theme is in beta development, I would love to hear if any one has found a way to change the display options (question three) as we would prefer that quests not have access to username and topic title information in certain areas of the forum.

---

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 7th 2016, 10:04 am

That should be set by permissions for the forums?

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 7th 2016, 11:11 am

SLGray wrote:That should be set by permissions for the forums?

Hi SLGray,

Currently, I have some forum sections with the following settings:
(Please let me know if you have any suggestions!)

General --> Forum / Categories and Forums --> Permissions (advanced mode)

Guests: View the forum (only box checked)
(I do not want to hide these forum sections all together as we want guests to find what they are looking for, but require registration / login for them to access the contents.)

Members: View the forum, Read the Topics, Reply to a Message, etc.

In the Desktop view / theme, the information shown is:
-Category Name
-Forum Name
-Forum Description
-Topic Number
-Post Number
-Last Post: Date / Time and Username

Clicking the Forum name redirects to the login / registration page.
(Guests never see a topic title / forum contents.)

In the mobile view / theme, the information shown is:
-Category Name
-Forum Name
-Topic Title --> Prefer to hide / replace with Forum description or a short customizable message as noted above.
-Post Number

Clicking the Forum name / topic title redirects to the following message:

"Information
Sorry, but only registered users can read topics in this forum."

We would prefer that guests not have a preview of topic titles in the mobile theme, perhaps honoring the Desktop theme setting (as noted above):

Display --> Homepage Structure and Hierarchy --> Hierarchy --> "Show the last topic titles on index" --> No

(And, we wouldn't mind if there was a way to hide usernames for these forum sections in both the desktop and mobile view either! Very Happy )

Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated!

As always, thank you for your time and consideration!

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 7th 2016, 11:15 am

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Untitl32

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 7th 2016, 11:16 am

Exactly how it is currently set!

Edit:
I just took a closer look at the screenshot and see that both view and read boxes are checked for guests.

For the forum sections I am referring to, I only have the View box checked for guests.
End edit.

And, I also have this setting:

Last edited by volvie! on December 7th 2016, 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added additional setting information / Corrected information)
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 7th 2016, 11:20 am

I can not test it since I do not have a mobile device.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 7th 2016, 11:25 am

SLGray wrote:I can not test it since I do not have a mobile device.

Hi SLGray,

No worries!

I appreciate all your help!

Maybe others reading this can help confirm? Hello

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 12th 2016, 5:05 am

Hi Forumotion Help Team,

To better illustrate my text descriptions from this post:
https://help.forumotion.com/t149144-mobile-theme-announcements-welcome-message-information-display-just-humans-image-verification#1033107
[Regarding question three:
Choose how the forum information is displayed on the forum home page / index?
(Forum description vs. latest post information vs. a short custom message)]

I've quoted the post and added some screenshots below:

volvie! wrote:
SLGray wrote:That should be set by permissions for the forums?

Hi SLGray,

Currently, I have some forum sections with the following settings:
(Please let me know if you have any suggestions!)

General --> Forum / Categories and Forums --> Permissions (advanced mode)

Guests: View the forum (only box checked)
(I do not want to hide these forum sections all together as we want guests to find what they are looking for, but require registration / login for them to access the contents.)

Members: View the forum, Read the Topics, Reply to a Message, etc.

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Forum-11

In the Desktop view / theme, the information shown is:
-Category Name
-Forum Name
-Forum Description
-Topic Number
-Post Number

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Forum-12

Clicking the Forum name redirects to the login / registration page.
(Guests never see a topic title / forum contents.)

In the mobile view / theme, the information shown is:
-Category Name
-Forum Name
-Topic Title --> Prefer to hide / replace with Forum description or a short customizable message as noted above.
-Post Number

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Forum-13

Clicking the Forum name / topic title redirects to the following message:

"Information
Sorry, but only registered users can read topics in this forum."

We would prefer that guests not have a preview of topic titles in the mobile theme, perhaps honoring the Desktop theme setting (as noted above):

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Forum-14

(And, we wouldn't mind if there was a way to hide usernames for these forum sections in both the desktop and mobile view either! Very Happy )

Take care,
volvie!

Hope that helps!

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 12th 2016, 6:19 pm

volvie! wrote:Hi APE,

Thanks for the update!

Would you like me to move question one and two to the suggestion section so you can get more feedback about these ideas (since you guys are still in beta development)?

---

While the mobile theme is in beta development, I would love to hear if any one has found a way to change the display options (question three) as we would prefer that quests not have access to username and topic title information in certain areas of the forum.

---

Take care,
volvie!

Yes that would be good to make a new post in the suggestion section of this forum make sure you make a poll in each post and make one for each one you would like to see added

Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Left1212Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Center11Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Right112
Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Ape_b110
Mobile Theme: Announcements, Welcome Message, Information Display, Just Humans Image Verification? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! December 15th 2016, 6:23 am

APE wrote:
Yes that would be good to make a new post in the suggestion section of this forum make sure you make a poll in each post and make one for each one you would like to see added

Hi APE,

Thank you for the follow-up!

I am still exploring options and making my wish list, so it may be a bit before I make some suggestions. Smile

In the meantime, this topic can be closed and archived as my initial question has been answered:
All these questions are contenders for the suggestion category (versus the support category).

Topic solved.

Thank you all for your time and consideration! Very good

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 15th 2016, 6:25 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down