The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Database Information

2 posters

Go down

In progress Removing Database Information

Post by Guest December 1st 2016, 4:48 am

Hello this post here is relation to only admins/mods(or someone with the authorization)

I would like to remove my formations backup databases. There will not be any plans of recovering the site. Due to the widespread of "database leaking" on other sites, I feel as a security practice, I would like to remove my users information from that database to further prevent any issues with leaking if say formation wa s vulnerable to an X vulnerability.

Please let me know what I can do to remove!

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Removing Database Information

Post by SLGray December 1st 2016, 11:44 am

Removing Database Information  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 1st 2016, 2:35 pm

Thank you for linking me the post, but due to this being Europes law, and also being poorly written that don't justify anything about me not being able to request for my members data to be deleted. If we are using the europe law, than that means I have entitled to do a: "Right to be Forgotten.Here is a link

All the content I have had ever placed is null, since the game is shutdown. If you want copyright to that content, you will re-modify all my users information. Usernames/emails/ips/ and anything else that can identify them as such to something generic. My whole point is my forum has the right to remove there information, and because my site is not going to be re-created, that entitles me the freedom to request its data is taken down.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 1st 2016, 11:00 pm

If you want to remove the data from the database, you can just delete the forum or delete the content on the forum.

Removing Database Information  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 2nd 2016, 12:50 am

SLGray wrote:If you want to remove the data from the database, you can just delete the forum or delete the content on the forum.
I have removed the forum, but Formation makes regular backups, and this information is what I want removed.Basically all information that can identify my members as such, is what I want removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 2nd 2016, 3:06 am

Hello, When you delete your forum we say that you should Delete your members first this then makes our system do a backup of your members that have been deleted.

The next step is to delete your forum.
Once you delete the forum you have one month to restore your forum after that the forum will be removed for good this then means all Backed up data will be removed for ever.

you must not try and log in to your forum and the founders tools then the system will delete the data your talking about after one month.

There is no other way to remove this data without having the account. and only you have that account and the log in info not us so there is no way to get this data from our servers.

So there is no need to worry.

Removing Database Information  Left1212Removing Database Information  Center11Removing Database Information  Right112
Removing Database Information  Ape_b110
Removing Database Information  Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 2nd 2016, 5:52 am

APE wrote:Hello, When you delete your forum we say that you should Delete your members first this then makes our system do a backup of your members that have been deleted.

The next step is to delete your forum.
Once you delete the forum you have one month to restore your forum after that the forum will be removed for good this then means all Backed up data will be removed for ever.

you must not try and log in to your forum and the founders tools then the system will delete the data your talking about after one month.

There is no other way to remove this data without having the account. and only you have that account and the log in info not us so there is no way to get this data from our servers.

So there is no need to worry.

So to re-cap, if I do not login into the founder tools for a month, forumotion will auto-delete the backups, is that correct? Which means all data from that site is null and deleted. If so, than that solves my answer so long as forumotion is not breached between that month . Else its not difficult to drop the database from the server. The server admin has full rights to our data. If it was under a VPS, I would have permissions to delete it myself.

Thank you for the feedback. Possibly I'd suggest a "clean scrub" in the admin tools for people like myself who do not want there site anymore.

Back to top Go down