The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion

+23
heresy.
OngBak
Beyonder
skouliki
indofishclub
HeroxAquariophile
xRateD
Severus_
NewFoundStories
Bigtuber
Ace 1
YoshiGM
Goppyrules
pottermind
jucarese
Tonight
Valoish
TheCrow
SLGray
BlackScorpion
Van-Helsing
Milouze14
Ange Tuteur
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Empty Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion

Post by Ange Tuteur May 17th 2017, 7:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Introduction

In this topic you will learn about Forumactif Messenger and how to install it on your Forumotion forum. Forumactif Messenger is a JavaScript plugin that integrates with your Forumotion forum to enable real time messaging in topics in a minimal design to make the experience more engaging.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 W4f56y10

CLICK TO VIEW DEMO

Forumactif Messenger is optimized to work on all major forum versions for Forumotion, so long as your forum's templates aren't heavily modified. Additionally Forumactif Messenger is enabled to receive updates from its Github repository to ensure that you are always using the latest version for the best experience. If you're ready to install Forumactif Messenger, move onto the next section or check out the demo by clicking the button above.

Jump to...

Installing

Installing Forumactif Messenger on your forum is super easy. Go to Admin Panel > Modules > JavaScript Codes Management and create a new script with the following settings.

Title : Forumactif Messenger
Placement : In all the pages (or the page you want Forumactif Messenger to appear on)
JavaScript Code : Since the code for Forumactif Messenger is constantly improving, we ask that you copy the latest release from the link below.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/master/fam.js (You can use the shortcut CTRL+A to select the entire code)

Once the code is copied, paste it as the JavaScript Code and save.
Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur18

Congratulations ! You have now installed Forumactif Messenger on your forum ! :party: Proceed to the next section to learn how to use Forumactif Messenger.

How to Use

If you have successfully installed Forumactif Messenger you should see a new icon in the bottom right hand corner of your forum that looks something like this --> Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur19. Clicking this button opens the Forumactif Messenger window, which displays a minimal version of your forum. You may find the interface to be somewhat familiar if you have used an SMS or IM application before.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 45y45e10

Go ahead and click through your forums, and find a topic to test out Forumactif Messenger. Once you have opened a topic, you should see a textarea along with 3 buttons at the bottom of the window; these are the message actions. For now, enter you message in the textarea and click the paper plane () or press ENTER to submit your message.

TIP : You can use SHIFT+ENTER to add a line break to your message.
Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Rt5gyc10

You should have noticed that all this time you navigated through your forum and posted a message without ever leaving the page you are currently on ; this is just one of the many powerful features that Forumactif Messenger provides you with ! Now previously we mentioned 3 buttons for the message actions. You already used one of them, which is for sending messages. The other two buttons allow you to enter emoticons and attach media to your messages. Go ahead and try them out !

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 UFoj3mj

Last but not least is interacting with messages ! If you click the username of someone's message it'll add their mention handle to the message box, so you can mention them in your message. Additionally when you hover over any message, message actions will appear below it. These actions allow you to quote, edit, or delete a message, depending on your permissions. Go ahead and give these features a try !

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Werhgc10

Congratulations ! Now you know how to use Forumactif Messenger for messaging. Victory Next up you will learn about the settings page, which offers you ways to personalize your use of Forumactif Messenger.

Settings

The Settings page of Forumactif Messenger offers various options to personalize your experience. To navigate to the settings page, click the menu icon ("•••") on the Forumactif Messenger toolbar to open the main menu and then the cog icon to open the settings page.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur20

Once on the settings page you will be met with a number of options for personalizing Forumactif Edge. Such as the option to display the window in full screen mode, the option to change the theme to a darker color, or the option to enable a sound notification for messages. As the settings are constantly being expanded upon, it'll be impossible to list them all here, so we invite you to read up on all the settings on our wiki.
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/wiki/Settings

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur21

Now that you know how to use the settings page, it's time to learn how you can customize the internal settings for Forumactif Messenger by using the configuration page.

Configuration

The Configuration page is accessible to administrators only, as they are the only members who can update the internal configuration of Forumactif Messenger. To access the Configuration page you must go to the Settings page (see the previous section) and click the Admin Configuration button at the bottom.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur16

The configuration page allows you to change various settings for Forumactif Messenger, from the default chat_page to the entire language interface. Go ahead and give it a try by placing body as the value for Embed Container.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur22

Once you have set the value of Embed Container, scroll to the VERY bottom of the configuration page and click the Update Configuration button. This will generate the updated code for Forumactif Messenger with your configuration settings. Go ahead and replace your Forumactif Messenger JavaScript code with it by going to Admin Panel > Modules > JS Codes Management. Make sure to edit your existing script for Forumactif Messenger and delete the existing JavaScript code. Once the old code is deleted, paste the new code that was given to you in the Configuration page.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur23

If done correctly, Forumactif Messenger should now be embedded at the very bottom of your forum and doesn't require clicking a button to open ! As this was just an example, feel free to go back to the configuration page and delete the contents of Embed Container, if you don't want Forumactif Messenger displaying here. Click here for more information on the embed option.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur24

Well done ! You now know how to use the Configuration page. As there are MANY options for configuring Forumactif Messenger, we invite you to read about all of them on our wiki.
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/wiki/Config

Next up we will learn how to update Forumactif Messenger, which is a very important feature.

Updating

Forumactif Messenger is open source and constantly evolving. For the best experience it's recommended that you update Forumactif Messenger to the latest release whenever it's available. To update Forumactif Messenger click the menu button ("•••"), and click About ("?").

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur38

This will take you to the about page, which tells you what version of FAM you're running and the current release on Github. If an update is available a yellow exclamation icon will show and an update button will be available. Click this button to get the latest release from Github.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur49

After a few seconds, the updated code will be available in the textarea. Copy this code and go to Admin Panel > Modules > JavaScript Codes Management and update your Forumactif Messenger script with it. Your configuration settings will be maintained, so don't worry about replacing your existing script.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur50

Once you've saved the updated script, go to about again to confirm that you're running the latest version of Forumactif Messenger. If you are, a blue check mark will display and the update button will display as sync instead. Clicking the sync button will get the latest release from Github again. It's mainly used in cases where you've made internal modifications and want to revert to the default code.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Captur48

This should be all that you need to know about using Forumactif Messenger, we'll allow you to explore the rest on your own ! Yes If you'd like to help improve Forumactif Messenger, please see the next section.

Contributing

Forumactif Messenger is open source, so anyone can help build and improve it !

• Got a suggestion, have feedback, or find a bug ? Let us know in this topic with a reply OR on Github by opening a new issue !
  • Are you a developer with a passion for creating Open Source technology and want to improve Forumotion ? Fork the repo on Github and help out with development. See our to do list or contact me to discuss development if you have any queries.

For more information about contributing please see the following pages.

Last edited by Ange Tuteur on July 7th 2017, 8:43 pm; edited 14 times in total
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

tikky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Empty Re: Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion

Post by Bigtuber July 5th 2017, 10:41 pm

Very nice, Ange! Good

What about to add some hotkeys? E.g. press "F" and FAM will open. Or press the arrows on the keyboard to switch from tab to tab - what do you think?
Bigtuber
Bigtuber
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : German, English

https://hilfe.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Empty Re: Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion

Post by Ange Tuteur July 6th 2017, 5:12 pm

Forumactif Messenger v1.0.1 is now available ! This patch fixes a handful of bugs that were reported recently and also adds in some new language aliases for translations, so be sure to update when you get the chance ! thumleft For more information about this update, please see the release notes below.

• Fixed send button remaining inactive after pasting content into the message box via context menu.
  • Fixed embed embedding Forumactif Messenger in the body when the specified selector wasn't available.
  • Fixed "open a new tab" overlay overlapping the toolbar and tabs, preventing interaction with them.
  • Fixed previously closed tab still loading its contents even after all tabs were closed.
  • Fixed back button remaining visible after all tabs were closed.
  • Fixed sponsored content displaying as messages in chats.
  • Added the following language aliases for options in admin configuration.
    • config_permission_all
    • config_permission_member
    • config_permission_staff
    • config_channel_production
    • config_channel_developer

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/releases/tag/v1.0.1

Help
Need help updating Forumactif Messenger ? Visit the guide below !
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/wiki/Updating

Bigtuber wrote:Very nice, Ange! Good

What about to add some hotkeys? E.g. press "F" and FAM will open. Or press the arrows on the keyboard to switch from tab to tab - what do you think?
@Bigtuber that's a good idea ! I'll add it to the todo list, maybe we can add some shortcuts for the message textarea as well. Neutral
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Milouze14 July 6th 2017, 6:00 pm

Hello Ange Tuteur Hello ,

Hum..

https://help.forumotion.com/t152951p30-forumactif-messenger-instant-message-application-for-forumotion#1050618

Code:

config_permission_all
    config_permission_member
    config_permission_staff
    config_channel_production
    config_channel_developer

You were super fast my friend Huzzah .

thank you very much

a++
Milouze14
Milouze14
Forumember

Male Posts : 59
Language : French

http://www.milouze14.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur July 7th 2017, 8:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just letting you all know that I've updated the first post with extended information on installing and using Forumactif Messenger. You can view it here :
https://help.forumotion.com/t152951p60-forumactif-messenger-instant-message-application-for-forumotion#1047237

I hope you all enjoy using Forumactif Messenger and have a good weekend ! rock

Milouze14 wrote:Hello Ange Tuteur Hello ,

Hum..

https://help.forumotion.com/t152951p30-forumactif-messenger-instant-message-application-for-forumotion#1050618

Code:

config_permission_all
    config_permission_member
    config_permission_staff
    config_channel_production
    config_channel_developer

You were super fast my friend Huzzah .

thank you very much

a++
No problem, I figured I would fit your request in the next patch since providing customization for the language is a high priority and simple to implement. Smile (much more simple than Forumactif Edge Razz)
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFoundStories August 31st 2017, 9:32 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if this was getting an option for the actual chatbox and private messages??? I think it would be super great if it did as it would allow easy access to both while running about the forums not needing seven tabs open to do it! Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 1f601
NewFoundStories
NewFoundStories
Forumember

Female Posts : 59
Language : English

http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur September 15th 2017, 3:33 pm

NewFoundStories wrote:Hi there, I was wondering if this was getting an option for the actual chatbox and private messages??? I think it would be super great if it did as it would allow easy access to both while running about the forums not needing seven tabs open to do it! Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 1f601
Hi @NewFoundStories,

It's currently possible to integrate the chatbox into Forumactif Messenger by using the initial_tabs configuration option. See "Custom tab content" for a quick example. As for private message support, I have that marked down on the todo list as a future feature. I've been off the project for a little while to relax and study, but whenever I return I'll definitely look into implementing that functionality.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus_ December 8th 2018, 8:27 am

guys why i cant chat with guest mode with this forumactif messenger? any ideas how to chat with guest mode? its seems appearing a red alert box error when i was doin it. i already set permission guest to reply in the subforum thread that i already made, and when im trying to reply manually in the thread, its seems i have to input username on it!

is that the main problem why i cant chatting with guest mode in forumactif messenger ? help me guys

here's the example error that i've got :

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Error10
Severus_
Severus_

Language : Indonesia

http://.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur December 21st 2018, 5:33 pm

Hi @Severus_,

It may be that a captcha is required to submit the message and Forumactif Messenger is unable to retrieve that captcha so that you may fill it out. I'll put it on my todo list of things to look into and fix.

Thanks for the report.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion December 22nd 2018, 1:43 am

Boy that T0-Do list keeps getting bigger and bigger.. Just like your coffee cup.. Laughing Laughing
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by xRateD January 15th 2019, 8:35 pm

I want to addition votes system in Forumactif Messenger

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 P_1109qjabk1

Thank you
xRateD
xRateD
Forumember

Language : EN, Ar, Ro

https://www.best-devs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HeroxAquariophile March 2nd 2019, 4:56 pm

Merci beaucoup euh thanks ; )
It would be nice to adapt this feature to the mobile version, my users can not still use it on mobile
HeroxAquariophile
HeroxAquariophile

Language : French,English

https:// https://www.aquariophiliefacile.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HeroxAquariophile March 2nd 2019, 6:52 pm

Hi, it would be nice if the chatbox and the voting system is integrated forumactive messenger, my members ask that it!

in any case, it's a good job;)
HeroxAquariophile
HeroxAquariophile

Language : French,English

https:// https://www.aquariophiliefacile.com

Back to top Go down

Post by indofishclub June 19th 2019, 10:30 am

Hello why my forumactif messenger cannot see in mobile phone?
indofishclub
indofishclub
Forumember

Male Posts : 241
Language : english,indonesian

http://indofishclub.forumid.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki June 19th 2019, 11:46 am

indofishclub wrote:Hello why my forumactif messenger cannot see in mobile phone?

hello

i think forumactif messenger was not made for the mobile version
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15135
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by indofishclub June 20th 2019, 4:06 am

skouliki wrote:
indofishclub wrote:Hello why my forumactif messenger cannot see in mobile phone?

hello

ok thanks..........................
indofishclub
indofishclub
Forumember

Male Posts : 241
Language : english,indonesian

http://indofishclub.forumid.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki June 20th 2019, 7:47 am

please wait for Ange Tuteur to confirm this
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15135
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder June 20th 2019, 6:02 pm

Amazing yet again bro!
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 721

http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur June 24th 2019, 3:50 am

skouliki wrote:

hello

Hello,

I can confirm that this application was not developed for mobile, due to not having a mobile device to perform tests. If it happens to work on mobile without issue, then that's a happy accident. Tap
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OngBak April 10th 2020, 12:56 pm

Hello @Ange Tuteur , im big fan of you since fmdesign was so active, i do really love your works Clap

i was using forumotion edge, but im move to awesomebb since i wanna try something new, but this forumactif messenger seems not working correctly on my forum Sad

it says " No forums or topics could be found. "

is it caused by awesomebb version?
OngBak
OngBak
Forumember

Language : Indo

http://krmi.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 10th 2020, 4:41 pm

Hello @OngBak,

At the time of development AwesomeBB did not yet exist, as such it unfortunately will not work on this forum version. If I recall correctly, the following forum versions are supported.

• PhpBB2
  • PhpBB3
  • PunBB
  • Invision
  • Forumactif Edge (unofficial)
  • ModernBB

At the moment, I'd say it's unlikely it'll be updated with support, as the project was rather niche and I've moved on from feature development for Forumactif products. I might take a look though.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OngBak April 10th 2020, 5:12 pm

Alright thanks Ange for the confirmation, i wish awesomebb would be added to the list for the future,
Enjoy your time Ange. cheers Coffee
OngBak
OngBak
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 10th 2020, 6:20 pm

Forumactif Messenger v1.0.2 is now available! This is a minor update which adds support for AwesomeBB. Additionally, a theme which was made during development, but never released, has also been added as a bonus.

• Added support for AwesomeBB.
  • Added new theme: Phantom Thief.
Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/releases/tag/v1.0.2

Help
Need help updating Forumactif Messenger? Visit the guide below!
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-messenger/wiki/Updating

OngBak wrote:Alright thanks Ange for the confirmation, i wish awesomebb would be added to the list for the future,
Enjoy your time Ange. cheers Coffee
@OngBak Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Whistle
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OngBak April 10th 2020, 7:47 pm

Ooppss! That was really quick!! Thank you so much Ange for the updated !! Great works! gbu ! cheers salut
OngBak
OngBak
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 10th 2020, 9:46 pm

I want to inform you that when tagging Ange Tuteur, you have to do this:
Code:
@"Ange Tuteur"

If you do not  do this, you will be tagging a member with te username of Ange.

Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by heresy. April 24th 2020, 3:34 pm

Hi @Ange Tuteur cheers
(sorry about my poor english, it's not my first language)

Thank you a LOT for this amazing project, my friends and I are big fans.

I've corrected my templates to install it on my forum but there's a bug with the "blog" category : Messenger stays stuck on "loading" and I can't get out of it to open another topic Shit
Spoiler:

Could it be a compatibility issue ?
heresy.
heresy.

Female Posts : 3
Language : french

https://mikrokosmos.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 25th 2020, 3:19 pm

Hello @heresy.,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Yes, it would appear to be a compatibility issue, but also an oversight on my part. FAM unfortunately does not work with blog-type topics, so it wont work normally, however, it should not cause a fatal error like this which prevents you from navigating the forum.

I patched this issue, so it should be fixed on the latest version (v1.0.3). To get the latest version, either copy it from this page or clear your cache (this will temporarily fix the error) and follow the normal update procedure.

Thanks again and have a good weekend. :rose:
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heresy. April 25th 2020, 5:21 pm

Thank you very much @Ange Tuteur, it helps a lot. Have a nice day I love you
heresy.
heresy.

https://mikrokosmos.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by H0neyy June 5th 2020, 6:51 pm

Hi @Ange Tuteur Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 1f60a

A big thanks for this amazing addition to forumotion, we love it! Unfortunately, we have encountered a little problem. Everything seems to be working just fine, for the exception of one thing: we can't load old messages anymore Forumactif Messenger - Instant Message Application for Forumotion - Page 3 1f631 There used to be the option that would show just bellow the tabs at the top of a conversation whenever it changes page on the forum and you no longer see the messages in the chat, but it's now gone and we don't know how to get it back.

If need be, I can provide the code for our chat, hope you can help us find what's wrong with it. Note that our templates are modified. You can find our forum right here. Thank you in advance!
H0neyy
H0neyy

Language : Français/English

https://wheelofdestiny.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krokodeal June 23rd 2022, 10:21 pm

hi @Ange Tuteur
my friend and i are big fans of your project that we would like to use on our forum. Mr. Green

however, we had a little "issue" after installing it.
messenger appears correctly on my forum; we changed the module settings to select our messenger category but when we try to open a new topic, nothing is displayed.
the topics are not displayed, nor the sent messages.

do you think you can help us ? I love you

(excuse me for my really bad english, it's not my first language TT )

thank you a lot!
krokodeal
krokodeal

Female Posts : 1

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai June 25th 2022, 1:09 am

krokodeal wrote:hi @Ange Tuteur
my friend and i are big fans of your project that we would like to use on our forum. Mr. Green

however, we had a little "issue" after installing it.
messenger appears correctly on my forum; we changed the module settings to select our messenger category but when we try to open a new topic, nothing is displayed.
the topics are not displayed, nor the sent messages.

do you think you can help us ? I love you

(excuse me for my really bad english, it's not my first language TT )

thank you a lot!

Hello,

Like this section said: (No support here), you need to create a support topic, and type your problem there... then ange will help you

Best regards,
Mihai
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 843
Language : Romanian, English

https://allprojects.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next