The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

banning a host proxy

3 posters

Go down

banning a host proxy Empty banning a host proxy

Post by Lopsum May 22nd 2017, 11:39 am

Hi,
is there a quick way to ban a host instead of banning 100s of IPs?
i have tried adding the host name to IP ban list but it isnt working.
I have reason to believe there is a phishing attack coming from a certain host provider, ec2-34-225-97-241.compute-1.amazonaws.com , i received spam email from a source on amazon network (fake paypal ) i believe is connected .
First i banned the ip from ashburn texas and within seconds 5 or 6 more connections from same location popped up, ive been banning them one by one as more turn up(about 30+ips now). Any pointers ?
Lopsum
Lopsum

Language : Eng

http://goodf.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

banning a host proxy Empty Re: banning a host proxy

Post by SWS May 22nd 2017, 12:50 pm

Lopsum wrote:Hi,
is there a quick way to ban a host instead of banning 100s of IPs?
i have tried adding the host name to IP ban list but it isnt working.
I have reason to believe there is a phishing attack coming from a certain host provider, ec2-34-225-97-241.compute-1.amazonaws.com , i received spam email from a source on amazon network (fake paypal ) i believe is connected .
First i banned the ip from ashburn texas and within seconds 5 or 6 more connections from same location popped up, ive been banning them one by one as more turn up(about 30+ips now). Any pointers ?

Hi,

Here's what I 'd do: Go from large to small, as in chunks, while biting down that source. Large attacks need drastic measures. Ban the lot first, be aggressive, stand up for yourself and for your own good, e.g. *.amazonaws.com or any of IP related (make sure ur IP 's safe though or you'll find yourself facing a whole new challenge!). Then, slowly release bits of it until you found the culprit. Btw, it's easy for any of attacker to purchase only virtual proxies using (their mom's) credit cards once they set their eyes on you (not me ofc), offering 'em 254 of attacks each bundle of IPs they purchase online. I've seen attacks like these before when I was a chat mod on a very large online gaming site and you've seen nothing the like before, but still... I'm not impressed. I feel like nobody did experience anything like this before on here tbh, but I remain calm just the same. It 'll pass, eventually. They'll lose interest once they know they can't put a foot aground. You should remain the same, calm, polite, taking screenshots of what's happening while they remain in the dark for a while. Just telling. We could always get you back to a previous state, like the day before using restores ...

WorstCaseScenario: set your forum 'on holiday' and configure your ACP not to accept no more new regs, while working on a solution.

Show no interest. The more fun you'll give 'em the more (s)he's likely to attack once more. Just put a smile on your face and face it like a man. Think: 'Just ripped and smashed another hacker to pieces' and 'I've got way more friends on here to sway off the attack on here than you do ' Wink . Don't show your fears in this topic as he'll be reading the same.

PS: Hello, you swiny self called 'hacker'. Attack me instead. He just lost interest in you. DO IT. USE YOUR MOM's CREDIT CARD BUYING ONLINE POXIES, YOU LOST SOUL SUCKER!!! lol! So, BOO-BOO-BE-GONE! Hope you had fun reading this! Just lost 15 mins of my life on you, you scammer Wink

Hello Samantha.

Last edited by SWS on May 22nd 2017, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
SWS
SWS
Forumember

Female Posts : 80
Language : US English / Dutch
Location : 35 miles NWW of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) when able, currently living 1 mile SWW of Amsterdam Airport (AMS).

http://www.friendcodes.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lopsum May 22nd 2017, 1:44 pm

i dont think its personal , ive noticed this geo location on from just about day 1 of my site (since jan) , its a pro spam phisher i think .
adding *.amazonaws.com to ip ban list didnt do anything (no green message after !)
thanks for your encouragement though Smile
ps/ they never sign up only guest !

Last edited by Lopsum on May 22nd 2017, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lopsum
Lopsum

Language : Eng

http://goodf.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by SWS May 22nd 2017, 1:46 pm

Lopsum wrote:i dont think its personal , ive noticed this geo location on from just about day 1 of my site (since jan) , its a pro spam phisher i think .
adding *.amazonaws.com to ip ban list didnt do anything (no green message after !)
thanks for your encouragement though Smile

LOL! Pro? Pro what? Against himself I believe (100% of the nut cases do, ys). Personal? Whahaha! Oh well, GOOD LUCK though. I haven't been aggressive and seen any kinda attacks like this one, for like a while now. Most amusing. Laughing YK what? I lost interest and they know I won't bite because I'm good and YOU should get a grip real soon now, like I did, before you fall off, Rocky. You really gonna let ' m flood you do you? LEL! Better mark my words for it.
SWS
SWS
Forumember

Female Posts : 80
Language : US English / Dutch
Location : 35 miles NWW of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) when able, currently living 1 mile SWW of Amsterdam Airport (AMS).

http://www.friendcodes.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g May 22nd 2017, 5:44 pm

Hello,

Unfortunatelly there is no way to ban a certain host. What I would do is look to see what email addresses there are, if you find a common one that they use, ban part of that email address which may atleast slow the attack down.

Other then banning email addresses, ips and indiviual accounts, there isnt much more you can do unfortunatelly.

-Brandon

banning a host proxy Brando10
Remember to mark your topic banning a host proxy Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

banning a host proxy Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down