The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure.

3 posters

Go down

In progress My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure.

Post by stvbaker July 30th 2017, 12:55 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Who the problem concerns : All members
Forum link : Roundcube Webmail

Description of problem

I have purchased SSL protection on my forum and also upgraded to a custom domain name thru Forumotion, which means that I have an associated webmail account via Roundcube. I've poked around the support forum but have been unable to find anything about Roundcube being (un)able to have a secure login.

I do know email itself is not secure, but I think having the *login* process to get access to my account be secure would reduce certain risks of being hacked.

Is the login process for Roundcube webmail secured somehow in a way that means that SSL protection is not needed? If it is not somehow protected, meaning that login is insecure, is there a way to obtain SSL protection of the login process, perhaps by extending my forum's SSL protection to this login process in some fashion?

Or should I just accept that the login process is insecure and proceed anyway?

Thanks!
stvbaker
stvbaker

Male Posts : 20
Language : English

http://tnrsleaders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure.

Post by SLGray July 30th 2017, 1:01 am

Roundcube will have to upgrade their links. Roundcube is a third-party.

My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure.

Post by Ape July 30th 2017, 11:53 am

Hello as SLGray has said the Roundcube is a third-party host and setting your forum to the new HTTPS will not change the settings for your Roundcube account it will only do things our side.

The Roundcube account is as safe as it could be with or without the settings you don't have anything to worry about.

My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Left1212My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Center11My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Right112
My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Ape_b110
My forum is SSL'ed. When I go to log into my Roundcube webmail, login not secure. Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down