The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members not able to register as a member on our forum

4 posters

Go down

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Empty Members not able to register as a member on our forum

Post by Darrel Durose October 31st 2017, 6:52 pm

Hello fellow Forumotionaires Members not able to register as a member on our forum 1f600

A few users are say they are struggling to become a member of our forum which is set to members only and admin to activate.

One member had this message:
Members not able to register as a member on our forum Abf_no10

Please can you confirm there are no known issues and this relates to the user/new member not activating the confirm email to create the profile?

Also had this in an email:
"I tried to register multiple times and the forum does not recognise my username and password protocol (tried repeatedly to re-register last week). I therefore am unable to access the forum and your comment. One of the beta testers who was invited to join also experienced the same problem, with which we can't help him. Please advise how I can establish access. It may be that we use the format that you have set out for the user"

She did have a profile created I noticed earlier in Admin so activated it.... Can you confirm to me that although she had created a profile she did not activate it via the email that probably ended up in the junk folder?

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Darrel

Darrel Durose
Darrel Durose

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Empty Re: Members not able to register as a member on our forum

Post by SLGray October 31st 2017, 7:15 pm

Did you ask these members if they clicked the link in the email?  If yes, what exactly happened?

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Empty Re: Members not able to register as a member on our forum

Post by Darrel Durose October 31st 2017, 7:21 pm

Hi

The first one said he did and sent the that screen grab but got in after this....

I think there are two things going on here, one they are not clicking on the verify button to roll the ball Catphta and the other the email is going into there jumk/spam folder.

The second user that did create the profile but it was not activated (I activated it in Admin) ... can you confirm that she couldn't get access due to not activating the email please?
Darrel Durose
Darrel Durose

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 31st 2017, 7:31 pm

We have no way to know if they click the link in the email.  We can only go by what the members say.

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 1st 2017, 2:38 am

Hello,

Is your forum new? If so that could explain it, you see there is a security measure in place on forumotion that on any new forum or any forum without much activity (daily posts), regardless of activation is set to in the admin panel it will require an admin to activate the user until the system deems that the forum is active (has daily posts).

If your forum is new or does not get daily posts, then this explains this and is entirely normal, once the forum is active and getting posts almost daily then the system will automatically switch to whatever the setting in the admin panel is set to.

-Brandon

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Members not able to register as a member on our forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 1st 2017, 3:19 pm

Yes I can confirm what Brandon has said if your forum is new and don't have a lot of members posting our system will Set your ACP tools to Admin to activate them this is to stop spam account's and bots making accounts on your forum.

Once you have used the forum more this will change to users Emails or whatever you set it to.

If your member can't see the Catphta then there is a problem but most of the time this is down to the members computer or browsers. But we will be happy to look in to this for you.

Also can you please post your forum address here so we can run some tests.

Thank you.

APE.

Members not able to register as a member on our forum Left1212Members not able to register as a member on our forum Center11Members not able to register as a member on our forum Right112
Members not able to register as a member on our forum Ape_b110
Members not able to register as a member on our forum Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down