The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help; LiveStreams?

3 posters

Go down

In progress Need Help; LiveStreams?

Post by Lee Tamotsu November 25th 2017, 2:00 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Administrator
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
Forum link : ( link is hidden, you must reply to see )

Description of problem

Hi, it's been a while since I was last here. I tried doing some research myself, but to no avail. My question/problem isn't fully directed to the forum/my forum. I've been trying to find a site that utilizes live stream. That might not even be the correct term, I don't know...

I know places like Twitch and YouTube have these features where people can livestream their games or show their fans the process of art creation while everyone can watch/see it as it is happening. But I want to use a stream??? feature to show clips in real-time to my members. It doesn't necessarily have to be embedded into the forum.

My intention is to have this setup so that my friends/members can watch cartoon Christmas specials, altogether/in real time. Like a small gift for them on or around Christmas. I looked into different places, like I know Youtube has stream features now...but I don't really know if it's just for livefeed camera purposes.

Can anyone help me or steer me in the right direction? Also I'm sorry if this is not allowed here or frowned upon (I don't think it is, but I've been wrong before) Thanks and or sorry in advance!
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222
Language : English

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Need Help; LiveStreams?

Post by SLGray November 25th 2017, 3:30 am

Do you mean you will be creating a cartoon, and you want to show how you created it?

Need Help; LiveStreams? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tamotsu November 25th 2017, 3:49 am

Not exactly. I was mostly using YouTube and Twitch as examples of places that I know that have features that allow users to livestream their content. Such as Twitch is intended for gameplay and from the looks of it YouTube is mostly used as a webcam, where the user talks to their viewers and shows off whatever content they have.

I mainly want to know what places are the most ideal for livestream/livefeed (if that's even the term that I should be using) shows. Say for example there are some low quality cartoon shows that have been uploaded onto a service provider like YouTube or Vimeo. Would there be some site that would allow me to link/play them in real-time for all the members? Like it plays at the same time for everyone.

My goal is to have a few Christmas themed shows for the community to watch (if they wish to do so) for like a little X-mas treat. Every site I check out just seems to focus on livestreaming for the purpose of webcams or whatever. Like those people who do those Let's Plays for videogames. I know it is possible, as I have seen others do this. I just don't know where exactly to start, because I'm a bit confused...I don't know if that makes sense.
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 25th 2017, 4:20 am

You can embed videos from Youtube, Dailymotion, and others (flash).

There are 3 buttons for them in the editor.

Need Help; LiveStreams? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 25th 2017, 1:05 pm

Hello,

Do you mean you want stream your screen? If so, this possible to do on youtube or facebook using a software called manycam (free). Just note that in order to stream on youtube you have to have a certain amount of subscribers.

There hundreds of live streaming sites, I would google live streaming sites until you find one that meets your needs.

Also on this forum we only provide support on forums for future refrence. Wink

-Brandon

Need Help; LiveStreams? Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Need Help; LiveStreams? Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Need Help; LiveStreams? Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: