The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disable Mobile Version Option

5 posters

Go down

The Disable Mobile Version Option Empty The Disable Mobile Version Option

Post by Zeta December 1st 2018, 3:52 pm

I'm glad this is finally an option instead of needing a script for it, but reading the post I have a question about the feature. If I set the forum to lead to the web version instead of the mobile version does that completely get rid of the option to switch from one to the other on mobile? Or will members be brought to the web version initially and still be given the option to switch to the mobile version after? If so I think I'll keep my script instead.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

The Disable Mobile Version Option Empty Re: The Disable Mobile Version Option

Post by SarkZKalie December 1st 2018, 4:10 pm

Your browser will lead straight into the one you choose. You can easily switch to Mobile version or back to Web version anytime you like.

From W switch to M :

The Disable Mobile Version Option Captur22

And from M back to W

The Disable Mobile Version Option Captur23

The Disable Mobile Version Option Sarkzk10
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1418

https://rotavn.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g December 1st 2018, 4:29 pm

If you completely disable the mobile version via admin panel, it will take away the option I believe and give you only classic.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Brando10
Remember to mark your topic The Disable Mobile Version Option Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

The Disable Mobile Version Option Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta December 2nd 2018, 2:44 am

SarkZKalie wrote:Your browser will lead straight into the one you choose. You can easily switch to Mobile version or back to Web version anytime you like.

From W switch to M :

The Disable Mobile Version Option Captur22

And from M back to W

The Disable Mobile Version Option Captur23
Okay, and how do I remove that option completely?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g December 2nd 2018, 4:01 am

I just tested it on my test forum and there is no option for the mobile version with the option set to 'Desktop version'.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Screen22

Remember to mark your topic The Disable Mobile Version Option Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta December 2nd 2018, 4:12 am

brandon_g wrote:I just tested it on my test forum and there is no option for the mobile version with the option set to 'Desktop version'.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Screen22
I tested it as well. The option to switch to mobile doesn't show up when viewing the forum as mobile with chrome's developer tools in the pc browser, but sure enough on my android "Mobile Version" was right there in the bottom as an option where SarkZKalie said it would be. Touching it switched it to mobile version.
So how do I completely get rid of the option?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 2nd 2018, 7:00 pm

You can't remove it fully some browsers just don't show the link and some do.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Left1212The Disable Mobile Version Option Center11The Disable Mobile Version Option Right112
The Disable Mobile Version Option Ape_b110
The Disable Mobile Version Option Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19144
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta December 2nd 2018, 11:17 pm

APE wrote:You can't remove it fully some browsers just don't show the link and some do.
If its there, even just sometimes, reason says it is able to be removed.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g December 3rd 2018, 12:28 am

There might be a way to do in templates or with code, but I don't think anyone has tried it before. As you know already we can't help you with code issues without your forum url , which we already know you won't give.

So this is about as far as we can help you I think with the info we have.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta December 3rd 2018, 12:58 am

brandon_g wrote:There might be a way to do in templates or with code, but I don't think anyone has tried it before. As you know already we can't help you with code issues without your forum url , which we already know you won't give.

So this is about as far as we can help you I think with the info we have.
Its not that you can't help me without my url. Most of you choose not the help me without the url. Some good people have tried to help and have been either quite nearly successful or actually successful. Without my url. So, "can't" isn't the word, "won't" is. Because it has been done, thus it can be done.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 3rd 2018, 6:31 pm

Look We have been more then helpful to you we have gave you as much help as we can we DO NOT single anyone out.

It's not that we will not help you it's just some forums have codes installed on the forum that we don't know about so where a code would work most of the time some codes conflict with others that is why we ask for the URL so we can test the code.

I now find you now being rude to my staff members and we have done nothing but try and help you from day one.

If you don't want to give your URL then that's fine but don't expect help in a hurry from us or others.

If you don't know how our systems works then I will tell you.

our system has codes that are used servers side that can not be changed some browsers and mobile systems remove some links and some don't, Chrome has always had problems from day one and it is not a great browser and the more basic the browser the more we find problems.

The truth is this. Not all part of our forums work 100% when updates on bowsers are done.
Bugs show up after updates that we have NO power over.

SO if a link shows in some browsers and mobile systems and some don't then there is not a lot we can do about it real fast.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Left1212The Disable Mobile Version Option Center11The Disable Mobile Version Option Right112
The Disable Mobile Version Option Ape_b110
The Disable Mobile Version Option Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19144
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta December 4th 2018, 5:56 am

APE wrote:Look We have been more then helpful to you we have gave you as much help as we can we DO NOT single anyone out.

It's not that we will not help you it's just some forums have codes installed on the forum that we don't know about so where a code would work most of the time some codes conflict with others that is why we ask for the URL so we can test the code.

I now find you now being rude to my staff members and we have done nothing but try and help you from day one.

If you don't want to give your URL then that's fine but don't expect help in a hurry from us or others.

If you don't know how our systems works then I will tell you.

our system has codes that are used servers side that can not be changed some browsers and mobile systems remove some links and some don't, Chrome has always had problems from day one and it is not a great browser and the more basic the browser the more we find problems.

The truth is this. Not all part of our forums work 100% when updates on bowsers are done.
Bugs show up after updates that we have NO power over.

SO if a link shows in some browsers and mobile systems and some don't then there is not a lot we can do about it real fast.
I never intended to come across as rude. I'm sorry you're taking it that way. Nor was I accusing anybody of singling me out. I'm sure you'd say the same thing to anybody that does not give their url. I was just stating the fact that helping me without the url is possible as it has been previously achieved, so the more accurate phasing would be won't as can't implies that it would be impossible. The way "we" was used implies that nobody here could help me, unless it was used in the royal sense of course, but some people here have. I am also not expecting help in a hurry. I am patient and more than happy to wait and keep the topics open until help is offered some time down the road. I have even offered to share the codes I have on my forum and the changes I have made, but received no reply to indicate whether they wanted me to or not. It is simply frustrating to have people constantly telling me, in essence, that it is impossible to help me for a certain reason when there is evidence to the contrary. I can be blunt, but it is not meant as rude.
If the issue has to due with a bug in the server's interaction with the browsers and it's not an issue with the forums themselves that can be corrected by some kind of javascript or by editing individual forum's templates then that's a completely understandable reason and I thank you for telling me. I just wish the full explanation of the bug situation would have been given at the very beginning. I would also request that now that the bug has been brought to attention it be looked into and an update on the situation be posted whenever headway is made. I don't expect it to be fast. It will happen at whatever pace it happens.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 4th 2018, 10:26 pm

It is not really a bug on our side.  When there are updates to browsers, there could be issues with the updates that we can not fix.   They have to be fixed by the browser provider.

The Disable Mobile Version Option Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51501

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down