The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information?

4 posters

Go down

In progress Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information?

Post by EEYEN3 May 6th 2019, 8:11 pm

someone did a "Thanos snap" and deleted 69 users from xwauniverse.forumotion.com. I've discovered I can un-delete them if I have the founder's information, but I don't, and I don't think even if someone could track him down that he'd remember. I have access to the founder account right now, but it says I need the original password to access the utilities. Is there anyway I could access the utilities without the founder's original password?
EEYEN3
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information?

Post by SLGray May 6th 2019, 9:49 pm

The founder would have to come here and ask for help.

Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information?

Post by Ape May 6th 2019, 11:23 pm

Sadly we can not help you unless the founder of the forum comes to us and asks for help.

I am not sure even why you have the founders account log in info as this is not meant to be gave to any one other then the found him / her self.

You will have to Email your founder and ask then to come and ask for help

Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Left1212Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Center11Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Right112
Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Ape_b110
Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by EEYEN3 May 7th 2019, 1:40 am

I have the founders info because I was essentially running the forum since it was created and he didn't want to come around anymore. I am pretty sure the founder is not going to come here to help. Is the only solution here to delete the forum altogether since we cant get support?
EEYEN3
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 7th 2019, 3:54 am

You are getting support, but it is not what you want to hear.  We can only help the founder since he/she is the one who created the forum.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EEYEN3 May 7th 2019, 5:08 am

The definition of "support" in the context being used is "to give assistance to" (give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.) and your answer is literally "we can't assist *you*" and given the circumstance you'll never be able to. If you don't like me stating that factually you're not now nor will you ever be able to give support to us because the technical founder is an idiot, I'm sorry, but that's the reality of the situation.

I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying that if I can't get support because I am not *technically* the founder the only logical end game is to delete the forum or to let it rot out.
EEYEN3
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 7th 2019, 5:19 am

Well, that is between you and the founder.  Were these 69 users exactly active on the forum?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape May 7th 2019, 3:10 pm

The only way around this is for you to take over the forum but this also comes with a problem.

You log in the founders account using the user name and password.

When some one ask's to take over a forum as the founder they need to give us some info about the founder and then we look in your forum to see if this info you gave is right at the time of asking for the account to be changed.

The most important thing we ask is has the founder not logged in for over a set time
Code:
six months and one day
the problem is you have logged in to the founders account so this will show you / he / she has logged in so there is no way we can change the account over to you.

We can still offer you some basic support on your forum but as for the forum Founders tools we are stuck.
Full support can only be given to the real founder of the forum.

I would ask you to Email the founder and ask him / her to give you ownership of the forum and that can be done by them handing over the account info and you making the change your self or once they have come to us then we can do it our end for you.

but until the founder of the forum has come in we have no power over this sorry.

Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Left1212Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Center11Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Right112
Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Ape_b110
Can I use the Utilities without the founder's original information? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki May 18th 2019, 9:16 am

hello

is this solved?
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15135
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down