The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a member with an invisible user account The account exists, but cannot be found

3 posters

Go down

Solved I have a member with an invisible user account The account exists, but cannot be found

Post by willnewton June 20th 2019, 2:16 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Administrator
Concerned browser(s) : Safari
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : within a few days
Forum link : https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Description of problem

I have a guy trying to become a member of our forum. He has registered and confirmed his account, but can’t access his account at all when he tries to log in, so he contacted me to help.

I have activated users manually and even newly created them for folks that need help, but this is something different.

I can’t find find his ID via search by user Id or email in the public or admin panels. Yet trying to reregister his account, I get the result that his user id and name are in use.

When I try to resend his password via “lost password”it says his user id uses a different email.

1. User ID is in use.
2. User email is in use.
3. User ID does not pull up in a search in public or admin user search sections.
4. Email does not pull up in a search in public or admin search sections.

His account exists, yet is invisible to the forum software. What is going on?
Thanks

Last edited by willnewton on June 24th 2019, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
willnewton
willnewton

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I have a member with an invisible user account The account exists, but cannot be found

Post by skouliki June 20th 2019, 2:31 pm

hello

what message did he get when he was trying to log in?

when did he registered ?
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I have a member with an invisible user account The account exists, but cannot be found

Post by Ape June 20th 2019, 9:50 pm

If the member made the account any time from Sunday Jun 16th 2019 to Jun 19th 2019 then it maybe that the account was removed by our servers as we had big problems and we had to roll back some backup's so the username may have still been still on your forum but then deleted after we did the repair to our servers.

This means your members did have an account but it was removed after our repair.

Ask your member to make a new account with the same Email address to see if the forum lets him / her make the account..

I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Left1212I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Center11I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Right112
I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Ape_b110
I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton June 21st 2019, 3:26 pm

APE wrote:Ask your member to make a new account with the same Email address to see if the forum lets him / her make the account..

I have tried making a new acct. with different user ID and same email. It is still “Sorry, that email address is already registered by another user.”

He did register on 6-17 and was likely affected by the service issues.

I have asked him to simply choose an alternate email and user ID, but he seems to have no concept of alt. emails. He replied, “I’ve had this email address for 30 years, I’m not changing it.”. Laughing

I am open to further suggestions, even if he isn’t.

willnewton
willnewton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 21st 2019, 3:57 pm

Okay do you have a test account i can use to take a look  at the account's on your forum?

If you have a test account please send me it by PM only and this must have admin right's to it for me to help you more.

Please send me in the PM the following.

Username of the test account,
Password of test account.

The username of the member.
Email address of the member having the problem.
URL of your forum.

I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Left1212I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Center11I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Right112
I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Ape_b110
I have a member with an invisible user account  The account exists, but cannot be found Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton June 21st 2019, 5:43 pm

PM sent
willnewton
willnewton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 23rd 2019, 9:08 pm

Thank you for your PM i have logged in and found the problem and it is now fixed.

When we had problems with our servers last week you activated your member in the week we had to do a roll back of our system.
This put your member on hold on our system again.

I resynchronized your forum using the tools on your forum and then the member was back in the Inactive users list on the last page. I have activated this member for you and now the member should be ok to log in Wink

If this is now solved please press the mark solved button found at the top of this topic Smile

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton June 23rd 2019, 10:14 pm

It is working! Thank you for the help.

I did not know about use of the Synchronization tool, but next time I will try that.

Just to clarify, in this case you used “resynchronize your forum” not “synchronize a user” function.
willnewton
willnewton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 23rd 2019, 10:18 pm

If you use resynchronize your forum it hit's our servers and fixes any data held on our servers that have not been hit on your forum and it's ACP it always best to use this (resynchronize your forum) when you have problems to see if it has any updates to account's and your updates not working when you add things.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 23rd 2019, 10:20 pm

Please remember to change your password on your test account now this is all fixed for you and then hit the mark solved button found at the top of this page Smile

have a great weekend.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton June 24th 2019, 12:20 am

That has already been taken care of. Wink

Thanks!

Mischief managed.
willnewton
willnewton

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki June 24th 2019, 12:43 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down