The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities

3 posters

Go down

In progress Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities

Post by bizzclaw February 26th 2020, 9:40 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : A few members
When the problem appeared : Tue, Feb 25, 2020, 7:33 PM PST
Forum link : ( link is hidden, you must reply to see )

Description of problem

I'm currently keeping my old forums up but mostly inactive and is used for archival purposes, however, an old staff account was compromised and deleted many of the top posting users on the forum, deleting many important messages so I'd like to load a backup

I am able to log in to the forum admin account, however, when attempting to access the admin utility control panel to load a backup, none of the login credentials work. I tried using the address of the forum and the password of the admin account, but I'm unable to get in.

I'd like to load the backup before it's cleared, and considering a bunch of users where deleted its pretty clear that the activity was malicious and needs to be rolled back.

Thank you!
bizzclaw
bizzclaw

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities

Post by SLGray February 26th 2020, 11:35 pm

The password will be the one you used when you created the forum.

Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities

Post by bizzclaw February 27th 2020, 12:18 am

Ah, I was trying to use the newer passwords I changed the admin account too, I somehow remembered the very first one. Thank you.
bizzclaw
bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 27th 2020, 1:24 am

Changing the founder's account on the forum does not change it in the utilities.

Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g February 27th 2020, 3:28 am

If you send me the email address you used to make the forum via pm, if you want I can sync the utilities password with the current one you use to log into your founder account on the forum.

-Brandon

Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Need to load a backup of forums, can't figure out how to log into utilities Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down