The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't find where to post user feedback

+5
skouliki
SarkZKalie
Neptune-
SLGray
Zeta
9 posters

Go down

I can't find where to post user feedback Empty I can't find where to post user feedback

Post by Zeta 1/7/2020, 09:23

So, I saw that The Godfather posted this in another topic:
The Godfather wrote:Hello,

Once user feedback is processed, we will attempt to post additional information to customize the Like and Dislike buttons (label, icon or image).

We will send small patches tomorrow normally (pop-up when a visitor clicks on one of the buttons to invite him to connect, visual patches...). I advise you to avoid any modification because in case of modified template, you will have to manually report the latest developments.

Thank you.
I was looking for where to post user feedback for this new "feature" but I can't seem to find the right location. Is there a specific topic or am I just supposed to make one? Where am I supposed to post "I've disabled this new like/dislike system on my forums but that doesn't help me here. Since this has been forced on me I think it would be a good idea to give individual users the option to disable the feature for their own topics and posts on forums where the like/dislike system is enabled. As it is now, I'm extremely uncomfortable posting at this support forum for fear of being mercilessly judged."?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I can't find where to post user feedback Empty Re: I can't find where to post user feedback

Post by SLGray 1/7/2020, 09:47

I can't find where to post user feedback Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51493

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

I can't find where to post user feedback Empty Re: I can't find where to post user feedback

Post by Zeta 1/7/2020, 15:52

SLGray wrote:You can make a suggestion:  https://help.forumotion.com/f30-suggestions-for-your-forums
A suggestion for what? Adding a user feedback section to this forum?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune- 1/7/2020, 16:35

Hello,

Forumotion is not waiting for your preferences or ideas to give additional info to customize it.

The Godfather simply meant Forumotion had received bugs report and was solving them before offering info for customization.

If you disable option and still have buttons on your topics, that's a feedback
If you want to remove buttons from your own posts, that needs either a suggestion, or a topic in support area
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Female Posts : 496
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

https://www.galaxie-series.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta 3/7/2020, 05:09

Neptune- wrote:Hello,

Forumotion is not waiting for your preferences or ideas to give additional info to customize it.

The Godfather simply meant Forumotion had received bugs report and was solving them before offering info for customization.

If you disable option and still have buttons on your topics, that's a feedback
If you want to remove buttons from your own posts, that needs either a suggestion, or a topic in support area
It's not a feature suggestion. The "feature" already exists and has been, unfortunately, put into play. It's feedback on the "feature" that needs to be implemented. As it is now it makes for a very unwelcoming environment in this place where people are trying to find help for problems.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 3/7/2020, 07:54

You can just deactivate if you do not want it.   There is a No and Yes option in the AP for it.  This was exact;y an old suggestion that Forumotin decided to add.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta 3/7/2020, 09:04

SLGray wrote:You can just deactivate if you do not want it.   There is a No and Yes option in the AP for it.  This was exact;y an old suggestion that Forumotin decided to add.
That only works at my own forums and I've already disabled the "feature" completely there. It doesn't help here. I've searched through the options in my preferences three times over and can't find anything to disable it on my posts and topics at this forum. That's what the "feature" needs, a way for individual users to disable it for their topics and posts on sites like this one where it's enabled. This is a support forum. People should feel comfortable posting their questions here without having to fear merciless judgement. I know I'm certainly not comfortable here right now.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 3/7/2020, 11:32

Do you mean the support forum?  If yes, you can not turn it off.  Only administrators have access to the AP.

Most forums (non-Forumotion) I am a member of that has this feature does not have an profile option to turn it off.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SarkZKalie 3/7/2020, 16:34

Just don't care about it. We have many scripts running on this site

I can't find where to post user feedback Sarkzk10
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1418

https://rotavn.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta 3/7/2020, 16:52

SLGray wrote:Do you mean the support forum?  If yes, you can not turn it off.  Only administrators have access to the AP.

Most forums (non-Forumotion) I am a member of that has this feature does not have an profile option to turn it off.
Yes, I know I can't turn it off here at the support forum. That's the problem and the main thing the feedback I'm trying to give relates to. Individual users really do need to have an option in their preferences to turn the like/dislike feature off for their topics and posts here at the support forums and any forum where it's enabled, but especially at the support forum. Having that feature activated here at a support forum make me very uncomfortable posting anything here because a support forum is meant to be a safe place to ask for help without being judged.
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki 3/7/2020, 17:08

hello

the new like feature is not related to the reputation system
so how this system makes you feel unsafe its only like/dislike option ?
the dislike option is not showing names by the way
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneDoe 3/7/2020, 22:45

Zeta wrote:
SLGray wrote:Do you mean the support forum?  If yes, you can not turn it off.  Only administrators have access to the AP.

Yes, I know I can't turn it off here at the support forum. That's the problem and the main thing the feedback I'm trying to give relates to. Individual users really do need to have an option in their preferences to turn the like/dislike feature off for their topics and posts here at the support forums and any forum where it's enabled, but especially at the support forum. Having that feature activated here at a support forum make me very uncomfortable posting anything here because a support forum is meant to be a safe place to ask for help without being judged.

I have to agree, I do not like the dislike button on any forum. I really do not see the need for it on the support forum. The fact that users can dislike anonymously is even worse I think.

That said it is their forum and we have to respect their choices, but I would definitely support your suggestion/feedback that they consider removing it Smile

As for a safe place, it still is in my opinion even with this dislike button. I am sure if there were to be abuses with it by members, the staff here would deal with it Very Happy Although I am sure it could be upsetting to see dislikes marked on your posts.
JaneDoe
JaneDoe
Forumember

Language : english

https://www.unofficialtownshipforum.com/

Neptune- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 4/7/2020, 02:28

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape 4/7/2020, 22:56

No one is going to judge you here we don't let any one.
you have to the right to speak your mind just like any one else on this forum the like dislike is just there we could turn off the dislike part on this forum the like system has always been on here before it just worked in a different way we just removed the dislike part
I can't find where to post user feedback Captu254
I don't like the Dislike button at all so i removed it on my sites.
but you are welcome to tell us your thought's on it and we will take it in to count.

I can't find where to post user feedback Left1212I can't find where to post user feedback Center11I can't find where to post user feedback Right112
I can't find where to post user feedback Ape_b110
I can't find where to post user feedback Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

JaneDoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta 6/7/2020, 15:04

APE wrote:No one is going to judge you here we don't let any one.
you have to the right to speak your mind just like any one else on this forum the like dislike is just there we could turn off the dislike part on this forum the like system has always been on here before it just worked in a different way we just removed the dislike part
I can't find where to post user feedback Captu254
I don't like the Dislike button at all so i removed it on my sites.
but you are welcome to tell us your thought's on it and we will take it in to count.
The like/dislike system allows for people to judge other people on this support forum. It turns a place into a battle ground for popularity instead of what it was meant to be. In this case, a place where people can get help for problems. Its presence here unnerves me.

On a side note, it took me a whole day just to find this topic...
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneDoe 6/7/2020, 18:25

Zeta wrote:
On a side note, it took me a whole day just to find this topic...

There's two great ways to find a topic you have posted in or started. 

1. If it is recent it will show up in the latest topic widget that you can find in the Portal

2. Click on your name at the top right and then click "my posts"  or "my topics" Very Happy
JaneDoe
JaneDoe
Forumember

Language : english

https://www.unofficialtownshipforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion 7/7/2020, 05:16

Anderson4 wrote:https://help.forumotion.com/f30-suggestions-for-your-forums

Try above link. Mysubwaycard
Please do not unrelated comments or links it is considered spam.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Steward 18/10/2023, 20:43

I'd love to post feedback. Thanking forumotion. But I don't have 50 posts to be able to do that yet. I've been around forumotion for over a decade, but don't complain that much.
Good Steward
Good Steward
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 19/10/2023, 04:30

Good Steward wrote:I'd love to post feedback. Thanking forumotion. But I don't have 50 posts to be able to do that yet.  I've been around forumotion for over a decade, but don't complain that much.
If you mean just thanking Forunotion, you can here:  https://help.forumotion.com/t278-topic-to-express-your-heartfelt-thanks

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape 19/10/2023, 18:59

The support forum should be seen to use most of the new Features as they come in.
The like and dislike buttons are just away to like a post.

No one has ever used the Dislike button as far as i know.

I really don't understand what the problem is.

If you don't want to use it on the support forum then just don't use it. we are not going to remove it.

I can't find where to post user feedback Left1212I can't find where to post user feedback Center11I can't find where to post user feedback Right112
I can't find where to post user feedback Ape_b110
I can't find where to post user feedback Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down