The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Malicious Ad Content

3 posters

Go down

Possible Malicious Ad Content Empty Possible Malicious Ad Content

Post by Johnalex Zarco November 17th 2020, 3:00 am

Hello.
I do apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this, if it is not, please tell me where I should post this. Thank-you.
It has been brought to my attention from one of my fellow admins on our forum that their antivirus, Norton Security Suite, has detected a specific link that seems to be from an ad generator that it deems to be malicious. Here is what he wrote:
"When I try to access the forum I get this message. I’m using Chrome and have Norton Anti-virus extensions enabled. The link is to some external site so I think it’s one of the ads or other fluff that is on most web pages these days.
Possible Malicious Ad Content 1f6b7810
[...]
I did some further searches for “what is discovernative malicious” and got a few forum hits from other places. The Google Search results showed the beginnings of their messages and it’s about the same thing. When I went to read their messages, after a few seconds I got the same popup about the malicious site. So it appears that somewhere on the forum pages is “click-bait” and/or a video that invokes a script from that web site and that triggers the block.
You might want to contact forumotion support and tell them about that “discovernative.com” site and ask if accessing / referencing it is part of the web page frames.
Funny you don’t see it but other people do. Since I’m getting a message from Norton I wondering if other people are getting the whatever vulnerability that Norton is warning me about. Or it could be that Norton has misclassified the site as malicious.
Anyway, this is about as far as I can trace this. Sorry."

I don't want to post the URL here that he says is being blocked without admin approval.
I don't know who to report this to either, if there is a way to contact Forummotion about this or not.
I do appreciate any help with this matter, it is of utmost importance that all forums work properly without issue and that no malicious content is found within them. It doesn't appear to be something that was shared in our forum either.
Thank-you!
Johnalex Zarco
Johnalex Zarco

Male Posts : 9
Language : English

https://tcf7.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Possible Malicious Ad Content Empty Re: Possible Malicious Ad Content

Post by TheCrow November 17th 2020, 9:33 am

There seems to be no problem when loading your website. I am loading your website with Google Chrome and I had no notification of malicious content.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6913
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Malicious Ad Content Empty Re: Possible Malicious Ad Content

Post by skouliki November 17th 2020, 10:42 am

TheCrow wrote:There seems to be no problem when loading your website. I am loading your website with Google Chrome and I had no notification of malicious content.

the same

this is something on that members' pc , could be many things
1) norton is not updated, must run liveupdate to install all the available updates for Norton and then run a Full system scan
If the alert still occurs with the latest definitions, report it to norton support
2) disable the browser extensions and retry
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down