The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Backup Access

3 posters

Go down

Solved Forum Backup Access

Post by Luddite September 20th 2022, 4:19 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #Invision
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Other
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : 19 September 2022, attempted to access Forum Backup

Description of problem

I in learning how to Admin this sight, then found the the Backup Forum URL.

It requested the founders internet address, the IP? (not clear on that), - used the domain name text.

I used the two emails from the person that handed this off to me, a day or two after creating it.
ID-name, some_email_address from Persons Name, Forum Name ID is "id_name_eg".

For "id_name_eg" he uses:
As "nnnn" ID:
"nnnn" - some_email_address

Then the text instructions asked for the Founders password. I used what I use now.

However, it is possible that he changed it after creating the sight since had only discovered you-all and not sure if would use. I have not asked him since, - he actually not that "technical" and is why handed off to me.

I may have misunderstood your Founders URL instructions, for Forum Backup. I did use the forum domain name, the IP that I get/got:
"
ping -a domain_name_url
PING something.net (nn.nn.nnn.nnn) 56(84) bytes of data.
"
It may have been different that day, (IP address numbers) yesterday? I didn't think this was going to get messy like this.

The only password I know of, - I used. So, the password was changed?, (to what he gave me) and is wrong - now (not the "founders email"?). Or when you ask for the Internet Address you don't mean IP, or, URL Domain Name Text?

I am not interested in having a new Password, or change.

* I read now you already have automatic backups 2x's a month - not clear on that until this Forum was joined. (That's a long way to go to read that, and fortunate I did.)

However, if I ever required a "Restore" from Backup, - I presume then, I'd need to access and have this identical problem then, or, being asking for Help as I am now.

Bottom line, - I am confused and don't understand why, and for exploring Backups. So, I have misread something, or ? you could be more clear, i.e./e.g. Forum Internet Address is e.g., "nn.nn.nnn.nnn" found via "ping" and etc., or is the forum_domain_.eu you provide. I am not a tech guru, just a bootstrap, get it done tech if I am able.

*Thank you!*

I understand I need to wait for a response, - no problem. I don't expect to have a need for this, - just attempting to learn you-all's, - quite good product offering! So glad he found it! Again, thank you!, much in advance!

Sometimes it is "good" to have a "problem", otherwise I would not have dove in this far.

Another suggestion on backups, information (see many comments with this challenge here), - yes put that 2x's a month sooner in the Admin pages on the Forum and also, the "if ever require a Restore... ...".

Last edited by Luddite on September 20th 2022, 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luddite
Luddite

Language : English

https://rocktober.forumotion.eu/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum Backup Access

Post by Ape September 20th 2022, 5:14 pm

Hello  @Luddite  I'm sorry your post is really hard to understand for what i can work our is you would like to do a restore of your forum

Restore a forum :
To do a restore you need to use this part of the site >> Forum Utilities

All you will need to do a backup is the Email address the forum was made with and the password

Backups:
All your backups are done server side by us you don't do them your self, our backups are online using the Forum Utilities tools.

Only the founder / Owner can do a restore of a forum. co admin can't do this.

If you have a problem with trying to log in to the Forum Utilities you will need to PM a staff member / Me with the following.

Email address your forum was made with.
URL of the forum.
Username of the founders account.
link to this post.

this must be sent to one staff member only and by PM only not in the public forums

Regards.

Ape

Invision - Forum Backup Access Left1212Invision - Forum Backup Access Center11Invision - Forum Backup Access Right112
Invision - Forum Backup Access Ape_b110
Invision - Forum Backup Access Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19147
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 20th 2022, 5:17 pm

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Invision - Forum Backup Access Left1212Invision - Forum Backup Access Center11Invision - Forum Backup Access Right112
Invision - Forum Backup Access Ape_b110
Invision - Forum Backup Access Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19147
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki September 21st 2022, 8:08 am