The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!!

+6
Lozu
ankillien
Sharingan
Jophy
MrMario
yorkiegirl
10 posters

Go down

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!! Empty A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!!

Post by yorkiegirl November 30th 2009, 01:43

Can any one explain how a 'guest' is able to access a admin area that is only accessable to admin? It is an american IP address, we have 2 google bots watching, could this be them?? If so how can they have the rights to access? Getting concerned as I am scared that my forum is unsafe as I have had several abusive threads started.
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!! Empty Re: A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!!

Post by MrMario November 30th 2009, 01:50

Bots can only see what guest see's. It could have been you or the other admin's as some times it shows you or another person twice and the forum hasn't been updated to show just one person. I wouldn't worry about it as only people that have access to it can see it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!! Empty Re: A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!!

Post by yorkiegirl November 30th 2009, 02:54

Hi Mr Mario
Only I & another ADMIN was logged on (we were talking in the phone) at the time where the 'guest' was in the Admin section' ?
It had an American IP address? I have had a few 'issues' with another rescue of which one is a 'computer' whizz!!!
I also then called the 2 other admin peeps that were not even looged on their computers at the time in question?
They were in the admin section when I asked 'Who they were'?
This is scary as it now appears that my site is not safe?
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 30th 2009, 08:04

try going to admin panel>general>security and see if the guest has done something in the admin panel but i think it's impossible for guests to enter the admin panel?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharingan November 30th 2009, 14:09

guest cant acces to admin panel,may be its some bug or samothing,if he idndt changed any thing yet there is no need to wory Wink
Sharingan
Sharingan
Forumember

Male Posts : 120
Language : English-Serbian-Russian-HTML-

http://www.unt-masters.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien November 30th 2009, 14:31

Hello,

Guest can't access the admin panel. I think you've seen the guest online in admin panel home. It shows members/guests/bots that are online. Thats doesn't mean that they are accessing your admin panel.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkiegirl November 30th 2009, 14:34

Hi, I did not mean the Admin Panel. I meant a section where only myself & 3 other designated admin people 'should' only have access to discuss/move topics to etc?
At 1am this morning I put my forum in 'Under costruction' mode as I thought that 'closed' it to all, but this morning members are merrily on it?
How can I totally close it temporary to do things?
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien November 30th 2009, 14:39

In under construction mode, you'll see some member online (if they are) but they can't actually see/access your forum at that time.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozu November 30th 2009, 14:50

All members,
Under construction Mode may not work for all user/ ip's, so that means some users can still accessing your forum while other or you can't.
---
Thanks
Lozu
Lozu
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sajuuk November 30th 2009, 15:33

I think you might be just getting a bit worked up over this.
Admins can access your area. Guests cannot. Although it looks as if they are, they are just seeing an error message eg, Sorry, this area cannot be accessed as your permissions do not permit you.

They are just looking at that, nothing else.
Sajuuk

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessTyper November 30th 2009, 16:29

Or some times when you go on users profiles using the administrator page you can set them to an administrator user so you might want to look at all the users profiles and see if any one is an administrator
PrincessTyper
PrincessTyper
Forumember

Female Posts : 234
Language : english

http://gamercapx.4umer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkiegirl November 30th 2009, 19:13

Sajuuk wrote:I think you might be just getting a bit worked up over this.
Admins can access your area. Guests cannot. Although it looks as if they are, they are just seeing an error message eg, Sorry, this area cannot be accessed as your permissions do not permit you.

They are just looking at that, nothing else.
I am sorry if I do seem to be getting a bit worked up, but the only 4 people that can actually see the 'Admin' lounge are just us admin. If I log on as a 'normal member (with a basic member account) I cannot see it & also when I totally log off I cannot see it as a guest?
I am worried as there is a 'woman' that is hell bent on tryimg to destroy my rescue & she is 'very' clever with computers & has lots of IP addresses in several countries?
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 1st 2009, 12:05

Guest can't enter the admin panel and what exactly is the woman doing on your forum?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 3rd 2009, 10:44

What yorkiegirl is saying is that someone that does not have permission is seeing a section of the forum that is only for administrators.

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

A guest has accessed my 'admin' section!! Empty HOW TO CHANGE MY UPPER THEME?

Post by PainHaxxor September 4th 2010, 14:22

héhé groar how to change my Upper theme?
PainHaxxor

Language : tagalog

Back to top Go down