The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple problems

2 posters

Go down

Multiple problems Empty Multiple problems

Post by BlackMamba Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 8:23

First off i i created a banner to put in the top of my homepage it appeared there for a day or so but i clicked on it one day then it just turned into a little red box Shocked Now when i try and put it back into the main logo thing in admin panel it doesn't appear anymore.

Also i created a portal but again after a a day or so it stopped showing up and i click show portal save and it turns itself back to no Crying or Very sad Any idea why?

Oh and this is a little of topic but id like to try and create a shout box on the top of my forum page but it seems i can only create a chat box any ideas how i could get a shout box on there.
BlackMamba

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Multiple problems Empty Re: Multiple problems

Post by zinex Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 9:36

I know little red boxes can be a pc problem, sometimes mine does that and it can help to clear your cookies and temporary files. also i notice it does it more in firefox than IE. For the portal it sounds like it could be a tech problem but try again after clearing your cookies and temp files to be sure.

For a shout box, you need to search google for a free one, take the embed code, go into admin panel, into general, into homepage and put the code in the homepage message box.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Multiple problems Empty Re: Multiple problems

Post by BlackMamba Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 11:51

Thanks for the info Smile but theres still the problem with the portal when it was working i could get it as my homepage either =/ I did as you said cleared cookies and temp files but it just wont turn on it just turns back to off when i click save then click somewhere else.

Am i doing something wrong? I am not quite to sure how to make my portal my homepage either thats what i was going to do when it went missing.
BlackMamba

Language : English

Back to top Go down