The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report an Abuse

2 posters

Go down

Solved Report an Abuse

Post by Hardcore Gamer February 6th 2012, 3:23 pm

So here's the deal; We had a member on our forum and he had been insulting and personally attacking our staff, we banned him for a week. He then later created another account and tried to pull it off as if he was a new member on the forum, I double checked the IP and perma-banned both accounts that he had as the rules stated that you are only allowed one account on the forums. I'm guessing he reported this as abuse as it says so in the admin panel. What should I do about this? He was clearly in the wrong, the other staff no longer wanted him there including myself... could the forum get shutdown over this?

This is the first time we've had this problem on our forum, appreciate as much info on what could happen to the forum in the long run if other members were to make false claims such as the above when he was clearly doing the bullying - we have his posts to back it up also.
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Male Posts : 524
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Report an Abuse

Post by Guest February 6th 2012, 3:34 pm

Hi!

So - if that user go swearing from you, or from other staff member the forum has only a little chance to be banned, but nope... I think your forum doesn't be banned if it follow the terms of use: https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Gamer February 6th 2012, 3:46 pm

Our forum supports member created music and free-2-download mixtapes that an artist has put out for free to share over the net... that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Other than the above, which I'm hoping shouldn't be a problem, the forum seems to be all good.
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 6th 2012, 3:50 pm

If the member used the Report an Abuse link at the bottom of your forum, it only goes to the administrator of that forum.

Report an Abuse Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Gamer February 6th 2012, 3:54 pm

If that's the case, I'll e-mail him to try and sort things out with the staff and including myself - as he was a dedicated member to our forum before all of this happened.

Thank you for all the help. Solved.
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 6th 2012, 3:59 pm

Hardcore Gamer wrote:Thank you for all the help. Solved.

Topic Solved & Locked

Report an Abuse Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down