The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement

3 posters

Go down

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement Empty Having problem reporting a copyright infringement

Post by tjerome July 3rd 2012, 6:53 am

Hi my name is Tim and I am an administrator with projectlife.forumotion.com a roleplaying community. A group of our members recently created a new community also with forumotion and copied/pasted many of our posts. I am trying to file under litigation but the option to upload a snapshot is not working. It is an open text box but has no option to browse my computer to upload the image. Anyway I will post my report here since I have no other way to get in touch with a manager who can resolve my issue. I would suggest fixing the snapshot upload section in the litigation report because it is an open text box that is meant to upload an image and it does not work.

Edit kirk
This is not how you do this.
tjerome

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement Empty Re: Having problem reporting a copyright infringement

Post by kirk July 3rd 2012, 7:12 am

The report content has been removed.
This is to much information to have in the public for all to see.
We can help guide you through on how to make an official report to litigation's.
Please only indicate the problems you are having while sending the report and will will take it form there.

There is no need to place the whole report.
I have copied all info you had and will pm it back to you in case you need and do not have to re-do a whole other report.

Once again just explain what part of sending the report you are having problems with and will will guide you from there.

Thanx Smile

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement Empty Re: Having problem reporting a copyright infringement

Post by tjerome July 3rd 2012, 7:24 am

Sorry. I haven't reached the minimum to send a private message yet. If you could simply forward the information on to the people that handle that kind of stuff (if you yourself are not able to resolve it) I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for the help.
tjerome

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 3rd 2012, 7:55 am

If you are having trouble with screenshots, you have to upload them to a hosting site (like Imagshack) and get the direct links.

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by tjerome July 3rd 2012, 7:59 am

Right I did upload it to imageshack and I put the link into it but it wouldn't take it saying that it had to be a .jpg or something like that
tjerome

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 3rd 2012, 8:11 am

tjerome wrote:Right I did upload it to imageshack and I put the link into it but it wouldn't take it saying that it had to be a .jpg or something like that

it's because your not using the direct link, And it's not your fault, you have to be registered with imageshack to get direct links from them now.

However the direct link is still with in the bbcode / [img] tag code. So you can take it from that thumright

If you dont know what i mean PM me the image/screen shot and i will upload it and send you the proper link Smile

Oh i did PM you the report back Smile whenever there are emails involved and other stuff that could be personal, we do not allow this to be displayed in the public, That was the only reason i removed the report.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tjerome July 3rd 2012, 8:16 am

Ah now it worked. Thank you. Does that go through someone at forumotion or does that go straight to the admin panel?
tjerome

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 3rd 2012, 10:36 am

It goes to the Forumotion litigation team.

Having problem reporting a copyright infringement Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by tjerome July 3rd 2012, 7:06 pm

Good to know. Thank you!
tjerome

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 3rd 2012, 7:25 pm

tjerome wrote:Good to know. Thank you!

Since the report was now sent i will mark this as solved and move to archive Smile

Topic Solved & Locked
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down