The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting users in certain groups

2 posters

Go down

In progress Putting users in certain groups

Post by opaquer September 3rd 2013, 10:39 am

Hi everyone

I'm making a forum at the moment, and I have a quick question. When users register, I want them to be able to tick a list of options. Based on these options, I want to then put the users in a group, which will allow them to only see certain forums/calenders etc.

For example, let's say John signs up on the forums. While registering, he decides that one of the options, "A", suits him best, so ticks it. Then when he's signed in, he'll see the sub-forum and calendar events for option "A". But then, let's say Bob comes along later and decides that different things interest him, say "B" and "C". When he's logged in, he'll then see the forums for "B" and "C", along with their calendar events.

Is there any way to do this? I've had a look, but I haven't found anything, but I might be missing something Razz!
opaquer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Putting users in certain groups

Post by SLGray September 3rd 2013, 7:05 pm

I believe if I understand you correctly, this is not possible on Forumotion. The only way this would work is for you to manually add the members to the groups.

Putting users in certain groups Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Putting users in certain groups

Post by opaquer September 4th 2013, 3:23 am

SLGray wrote:I believe if I understand you correctly, this is not possible on Forumotion.  The only way this would work is for you to manually add the members to the groups. 
Ah, that's a shame Sad. It's the only thing I haven't figured out that I still need to do Sad!
opaquer

Back to top Go down