The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few issues ~ New here

3 posters

Go down

Solved A few issues ~ New here

Post by Guest 12/8/2014, 01:37

Hello. I am having trouble with a few issues and I hope you all can help me out. I am sorry if this is in the wrong category, as you can see, I am very new to these Forums and I registered because I needed a bit of help. Anyway, let me explain my situations and problems:

1. First of all, when I created a Forums, I wanted to change my discussions' background color. For example, when you create Topics, I wanted them to have a color in the background. (The Same Color for every post) Mine is set to gray, which I did not want it to be. So I was wondering how to change it, so whenever I create Topics/posts, the background color would be set to that shade. 

2. When I created 'groups', I didn't want a few of them to have any powers. Such as, banning, deleting posts, moving posts, etc. I am afraid if I put a few people in that group, they will have the abilities that I do not want them to be able to access. How do I make sure that they don't have any powers whatsoever? 

3. How do I activate the 'Legend' on my Forums? For instance, I have a few groups and I want them to be included in the Legend for each user's name color. 

4. What are "hidden" users on the Forums? I don't understand why they have this detail included. 

5. What is 'Quick Reply?' And what does it do?

6. How do I change a group's color 'code'? I tried everything from top to bottom, although I still can't figure it out.

These are my only questions for now, and I would truly appreciate it if you could lend me a hand. Thanks! And farewell for now friends!

~iCelestia

Last edited by iCelestia on 12/8/2014, 03:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: A few issues ~ New here

Post by Ape 12/8/2014, 02:19

First of all Welcome to FM support.

#1 not 100% sure what you mean a screen shot will help here.

#2 When adding a group you have settings called Groups Permissions If you click Is Moderator box then all the members in that box has the right to Moderat if you do not add a tick in that box then No one will have a right to be a mod  so all the settings are blocked and can not be seen by that group.

#3 When making a Group if you mark it as closed group it will show up in the bottom of your forum in the Legend. if it is hid then it will not show up.

#4 the hidden user is in place for members to hide that there online but the staff can still see them and so can there friends. it will just show other members that there is members on hide and that is it.

#5 The Quick reply is the box at the bottom of the posts like on this forum this makes it more east to reply to a thread made by some one else
see screen shot.
A few issues ~ New here Captur52
 #6 to change this go to ACP>> Users & Groups tab at the top of the page >>
Down the left hand side look for >>  A few issues ~ New here Groupes Groups >>

• Group Administration >> look for the group you want to change and click the >>  Edit  Now you will see this page come up

A few issues ~ New here Captur53
Click the little bucket and a tool will come up like this A few issues ~ New here Captur54
Move the little dot around until you find the color you want then click the Green tick.

Now you need to make sure you have a tick in
Color Group Members : YESGroup status : Closed Group  or open Group

Note if you make it open Group then anyone can ask to be added to that group at any time.

Hope them steps help you some

Ape

A few issues ~ New here Left1212A few issues ~ New here Center11A few issues ~ New here Right112
A few issues ~ New here Ape_b110
A few issues ~ New here Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19212
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2014, 02:57

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. And by #1, I meant the background color when making a post. For example, you see a blueish gray background on this Topic, as well as others. That is what I am wondering, so I can know how to change it. That's all for now, but thanks again!

~iCelestia

P.S. This Topic is considered solved.

Last edited by iCelestia on 12/8/2014, 03:00; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri 12/8/2014, 02:59

iCelestia wrote:Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. And if I need anything else, I'll be sure to just edit one of the posts so I can follow the rules as I read this evening. Farewell for now & thanks again!

~iCelestia

If APE has answered all your question we could mark this topic solved now and you could always create a new topic with any follow up questions?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8711
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 12/8/2014, 04:05

Topic solved and archived

A few issues ~ New here Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51411
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down