The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I use the quote buttons

3 posters

Go down

In progress How do I use the quote buttons

Post by azwiz February 2nd 2015, 9:55 am

While you are at it . I still cannot figure out how to quote in your forum . I can do it in several others . Have tried every combination I can think of and I can't figure it out . Not just this one but the one in my own forum as well . which is not like this one i'll get a screen shot .How do I use the quote buttons Quote_11
I'm sorry . Was something you said supposed to tell me something ? I have clicked the quote button , clicked the page thing you showed switch editor or something . Back and forth there is nothing highlighted white . I don't even know what that means . I am trying to learn how to quote some or part of someone elses text . Like maybe yours .

What does the insert a quote box do ? When I try it anything I try to quote disapears after I type a response . Or it doubles or triples .

If I do it and a different window comes up and I complete the message and send . You guys give me a warning for double posting . Like right now as I am editing I cannot see  your last respose . I have to try and memorize it so I know what to answer .

The other forums I have quoted successfully in . You highlight the text you want to quote , then click the quote button . The quoted text then shows up on your edit page with the name of the person you quoted and then I type in my response .

Do you see the screenshot ? that is an example in my forum . of myself trying to quote another person . The result is a double duplicate of what I said and none of what he said .

Last edited by azwiz on February 2nd 2015, 12:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How do I use the quote buttons

Post by Ange Tuteur February 2nd 2015, 11:36 am

Click the quote button : How do I use the quote buttons Citer14

If it's showing the quote in the message editor, click the sheet of paper to show the source code. How do I use the quote buttons Captu105

If it's highlighted white, you're in source code mode. If it's not highlighted white, you're in WYSIWYG mode. ( What You See Is What You Get )
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz February 3rd 2015, 4:21 am

azwiz wrote:While you are at it . I still cannot figure out how to quote in your forum . I can do it in several others . Have tried every combination I can think of and I can't figure it out . Not just this one but the one in my own forum as well . which is not like this one i'll get a screen shot .How do I use the quote buttons Quote_11
I'm sorry . Was something you said supposed to tell me something ? I have clicked the quote button , clicked the page thing you showed switch editor or something . Back and forth there is nothing highlighted white . I don't even know what that means . I am trying to learn how to quote some or part of someone elses text . Like maybe yours .

What does the insert a quote box do ? When I try it anything I try to quote disapears after I type a response . Or it doubles or triples .

If I do it and a different window comes up and I complete the message and send . You guys give me a warning for double posting . Like right now as I am editing I cannot see  your last respose . I have to try and memorize it so I know what to answer .

The other forums I have quoted successfully in . You highlight the text you want to quote , then click the quote button . The quoted text then shows up on your edit page with the name of the person you quoted and then I type in my response .

Do you see the screenshot ? that is an example in my forum . of myself trying to quote another person . The result is a double duplicate of what I said and none of what he said .
How do I use the quote buttons Sujet11 by Ange Tuteur Today at 3:36 am

Click the quote button : How do I use the quote buttons Citer14

If it's showing the quote in the message editor, click the sheet of paper to show the source code. How do I use the quote buttons Captu105

If it's highlighted white, you're in source code mode. If it's not highlighted white, you're in WYSIWYG mode. ( What You See Is What You Get )

I am still waiting . Or is that correct ? what an unclear feature you have there . Not too thrilled with the tutorial either .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 3rd 2015, 4:48 am

What exactly is the issue?

How do I use the quote buttons Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz February 3rd 2015, 5:34 am

azwiz wrote:
azwiz wrote:While you are at it . I still cannot figure out how to quote in your forum . I can do it in several others . Have tried every combination I can think of and I can't figure it out . Not just this one but the one in my own forum as well . which is not like this one i'll get a screen shot .How do I use the quote buttons Quote_11

How do I use the quote buttons Sujet11 by Ange Tuteur Today at 3:36 am

Click the quote button : How do I use the quote buttons Citer14

If it's showing the quote in the message editor, click the sheet of paper to show the source code. How do I use the quote buttons Captu105

If it's highlighted white, you're in source code mode. If it's not highlighted white, you're in WYSIWYG mode. ( What You See Is What You Get )

I am still waiting . Or is that correct ? what an unclear feature you have there . Not too thrilled with the tutorial either .

How do I use the quote buttons Sujet-11 by SLGray Today at 8:48 pm

What exactly is the issue?
  As far as I can tell . This is the correct way to quote someone  during an active thread . This the first time in months I have been able to do what I have been asking for help for . Now I was just asked by another mod in another thread . Why am I quoting myself ? 
   If I am doing that I do not know it . I have received no instruction in regards to my topic , title , or inquiries .
  All of this in an effort to learn your rules so that I not double post . And still be able to view the mods response while I am responding .

Do you or anyone see anywhere where someone has attempted to answer my question at all  The title ? or anything I ask in any of my posts ?

Thank you . SOLVED .

Your texts will be outside of the quote. Or if you're using WYSIWYG mode : if you're typing outside of the yellow area, you're typing outside of the quote. If you type inside the quote, it's like you're quoting your own reply. There's no problem with that, but I guess it could be confusing to some people.
   I already knew that . All of the boxes above have other peoples texts in them .Before tonight I couldn't figure out how to create the box to place the quote in . I would not quote myself . Also I like to type my response after the last response so I can view the response while I am responding .
  I don't know why it was so hard to interpret what I was asking . Like I said I know better than to type in the quote box . There are no instances where I did that .

I tried to follow the video . It audioless right ? I'll keep watching it . Maybe Ill get it .
  Thank you for trying . 

Last edited by azwiz on February 3rd 2015, 12:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 3rd 2015, 6:01 am

To quote a post, you just press the quote button in that post.

To quote more than one posts, you press the multi-quote button in the posts you want to quote.  Then press the reply button for the topic that has the posts.

How do I use the quote buttons Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur February 3rd 2015, 12:07 pm

I don't know if I can explain any better, but I'll try. If you type after :
Code:
[/quote]
Your texts will be outside of the quote. Or if you're using WYSIWYG mode : if you're typing outside of the yellow area, you're typing outside of the quote. If you type inside the quote, it's like you're quoting your own reply. There's no problem with that, but I guess it could be confusing to some people.

If that doesn't help, maybe this video will help demonstrate the basics of writing after a quote in both source code and WYSIWYG.

See you bye
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down