The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum.

5 posters

Go down

In progress I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum.

Post by nosty May 8th 2016, 5:25 pm

I know this question has probably been answered but I want to create a text box with a few paragraphs on the top section of the opening page of my forum. Is there a simple way of doing this in phpBB3? I am VERY new to forums so please forgive my ignorance.

Regards,

nosty
nosty

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum.

Post by Ape May 8th 2016, 6:07 pm

Hello could you please post your forum link here in the post and maybe a screen shot of where your like to add this so we can have some surt of clue to what your talking about Smile

I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Left1212I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Center11I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Right112
I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Ape_b110
I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum.

Post by SLGray May 8th 2016, 9:45 pm

Do you mean the homepage message box?

I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by nosty May 14th 2016, 1:38 am

Yes, SLGray, I found it once but i can't seem to find it again.
nosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Judai Yuki May 14th 2016, 5:52 am

go to admin panel then click display and then click generalities under skins and once you click it you can set your homepage message
I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Screen14
I would like to have a simple couple of paragraphs on the homepage of my forum. Screen15
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Forumember

Male Posts : 71
Language : english

http://dnacademia.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nosty May 14th 2016, 9:01 am

Thanks everyone! A quick question would now be is there any way I can use a text box with a verticle slider there?

my forum is at emotecontrol.american-forum.net Also, I would like to make my banner at the top of the page bigger but I could not find it in the CSS. Any quick advice?

regards, nosty
nosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak May 14th 2016, 11:08 am

nosty wrote:Thanks everyone! A quick question would now be is there any way I can use a text box with a verticle slider there?
Just add the following code in your css. Adjust the max-height to your need if you wish.
Code:
.mes-txt {
    max-height: 300px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

nosty wrote:my forum is at emotecontrol.american-forum.net Also, I would like to make my banner at the top of the page bigger but I could not find it in the CSS. Any quick advice?
The bigger your image is, the bigger will be the banner. Just use a bigger image.
If you want to adjust the current image, it will be resized but the quality of the image will degrade.
Use this code for resizing
Code:
#logo img {
    width: 1100px;
}
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1248

http://freetest.forumotion.net/