The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member permissions

Go down

Member permissions Empty Member permissions

Post by Guest February 5th 2018, 2:36 pm

Hi there,

I'm questioning if this is possible as it might be something we have to implement in future for privacy reasons.

Is it possible to set the permissions so that only members who post in a thread can read/write their own posts, but not read or access other people's posts?

If it is possible how would I set this up?

We run a support service and clinicians use the forum as a support service - but we might need to make each post private so only the poster can access it - except for moderators.

Think like forumotion support - but not letting anyone else being able to read posted content except the poster.

Hope that makes sense?

Many thanks
Ash

Back to top Go down

Member permissions Empty Re: Member permissions

Post by brandon_g February 5th 2018, 3:20 pm

Hello,

Unfortunatelly this is not possible at this time. I mean you can use the 'hide' tag and this will prevent people who havent posted in the topic other then moderators and admins from seeing it, however, if a regular member were to simply post in the topic they could then see what was in the text.

-Brandon

Member permissions Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Member permissions Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Member permissions Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down