Remove Padding Around Logo

Go down

In progress Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 28th 2018, 9:00 am

I'd like to know how to remove the padding around the logo on both the top and the sides so its right up against the forum body border/edge while leaving the padding around the navigation bar, widgets and categories/forums intact, in phpbb2.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by skouliki on November 28th 2018, 9:10 am

hello

please provide us your forum url or/and a screenshot
thank you
avatar
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 4896
Reputation : 800
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 28th 2018, 10:36 am

@skouliki wrote:hello

please provide us your forum url or/and a screenshot
thank you
We've been over this before.
The name of the specific theme i'm asking after is elf, from the french hitskin site. But I'm not giving my url. It seems like a question that has a decently universal answer, so there really is no need for the url anyway.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Luffy on November 28th 2018, 11:33 am

We've been over this again @Zeta,

Forums differ based on each forum's version. If you are not willing to share your forum url, you can create a Test forum with the same skin as the one on your forum and have other information there so we can help you, with you providing your url. We are only asking your forum url, not to judge your forum but to help you with a decent accuracy to the codes we will share.

Now, if you still don't want to do this, then I suggest you to be prepared that each code we provide may not work.

The code to remove the padding is
Code:
padding: 0!important;

To add that to your element, all you have to do is Right Click on your logo, press Inspect Element and find the parent element there and add to it the code above. If that's what you are looking for, then all you have to do is go to your CSS and copy paste that code to apply it to your forum.

This is all the help I can provide without seeing the exact element of your forum as themes differ and elements on different forum version are different.

Regards.
avatar
Luffy
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 5787
Reputation : 648
Language : Greek, English
Location : Cyprus, Greece

https://www.crossroadz.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 28th 2018, 11:57 am

@Luffy wrote:We've been over this again @Zeta,

Forums differ based on each forum's version. If you are not willing to share your forum url, you can create a Test forum with the same skin as the one on your forum and have other information there so we can help you, with you providing your url. We are only asking your forum url, not to judge your forum but to help you with a decent accuracy to the codes we will share.

Now, if you still don't want to do this, then I suggest you to be prepared that each code we provide may not work.

The code to remove the padding is
Code:
padding: 0!important;

To add that to your element, all you have to do is Right Click on your logo, press Inspect Element and find the parent element there and add to it the code above. If that's what you are looking for, then all you have to do is go to your CSS and copy paste that code to apply it to your forum.

This is all the help I can provide without seeing the exact element of your forum as themes differ and elements on different forum version are different.

Regards.

It wouldn't need to be gone over again if everybody just accepted that its not happening and stopped asking, occasionally demanding. I provided the version, what specifically needs done, and even the name of the theme and which hitskin it's from. I provide everything necessary. I was, always have been, always will be, and am perfectly fine with trial and error to get the results I want.
And on the note of trial and error, I have already tried that while I was waiting for a reply. It gets rid of the padding around everything, not just around the logo.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by skouliki on November 28th 2018, 12:17 pm

with this name, there is no such theme / even if we find it its different as Luffy said above

avatar
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 4896
Reputation : 800
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 28th 2018, 1:03 pm

@skouliki wrote:with this name, there is no such theme / even if we find it its different as Luffy said above

I mean, if you say so.

I'd still like some help with my apparently non-existent theme though.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by SLGray on November 29th 2018, 3:44 am

Just giving the forum's version does not help.  We need to have the ability to visit your forum to get the correct coding since each founder use different coding (JavaScripts, CSS, templates, etc.).  Also you can send the forum's link in a PM.



When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 44585
Reputation : 3158
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 4:19 am

@SLGray wrote:Just giving the forum's version does not help.  We need to have the ability to visit your forum to get the correct coding since each founder use different coding (JavaScripts, CSS, templates, etc.).  Also you can send the forum's link in a PM.
I didn't just give the forum's version. I gave the theme as well. I gave everything that is actually necessary. Sending the forum's link in a pm is still sending the forum's link and allowing a complete stranger to poke around where they shouldn't be. It's still going to make everybody highly uncomfortable. It's not happening. I'm not responding to messages asking for my url anymore. It doesn't accomplish anything useful. I've made it very clear that I'm not giving it. If you don't want to help without it that's fine. Its your right not to help if you don't want to. Eventually somebody will come along that is willing to help and I'll gladly wait for that person.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by SarkZKalie on November 29th 2018, 5:11 am

Just create a new test forum by your current theme pack. Go to Admin Control Panel -> Display -> Theme -> Export theme and upload that file here. Forum version is also necessary for testers, help to save time and our gray matter.


avatar
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 968
Reputation : 159
Language : English

http://rotavn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 5:33 am

@SarkZKalie wrote:Just create a new test forum by your current theme pack. Go to Admin Control Panel -> Display -> Theme -> Export theme and upload that file here. Forum version is also necessary for testers, help to save time and our gray matter.
Forum version has already been given. By clicking preview or the image of the theme at its hitskin page you can easily see the theme as it looks on a forumotion forum, with the ability to inspect the varies elements with the browser development tools.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by SLGray on November 29th 2018, 7:42 am

You do not understand what we are saying.  Giving the forum version and name of the theme does not help because we have to see it on your forum.

P.S.  If you are trying to hide something, the main office of the company can see everything on your forum even hidden sections.



When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 44585
Reputation : 3158
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 8:26 am

@SLGray wrote:You do not understand what we are saying.  Giving the forum version and name of the theme does not help because we have to see it on your forum.

P.S.  If you are trying to hide something, the main office of the company can see everything on your forum even hidden sections.
I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm trying to respect the wishes of my members. It's a private forum. Everybody knows each other and they're uncomfortable with strangers. The topic could be marvel's latest movies and they'd still not want strangers near the conversation. If we let in random people nobody knows they might even leave. It's like how a lot of tabletop gaming groups don't want spectators even though they aren't doing anything wrong or even anything note-worthy. If the members were fine with having people they don't know around I would provide you the url, but they're not. And I'm not going to betray their trust. They're good people and that would be a horrible thing to do to them.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by SLGray on November 29th 2018, 9:06 am

We will not logging in unless it is something that guests can not see.



When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 44585
Reputation : 3158
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 10:15 am

@SLGray wrote:We will not logging in unless it is something that guests can not see.
This conversation isn't going anywhere. Do you want me to just tell you what coding changes I've made/what javascripts i'm running? There's only 2 of them and neither are in the theme's css.
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on December 1st 2018, 3:43 pm

bump
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on December 7th 2018, 7:51 am

bump
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Remove Padding Around Logo

Post by Zeta on December 12th 2018, 12:31 pm

bump
avatar
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum