Legend Editing?

Go down

Solved Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 20th 2021, 11:38 pm

Legend Editing? Screen20
I am trying to edit the legend on my forum starting with the removal of the brackets [] and wanting to add custom symbols between the groups, any and all help will be appreciated.


Last edited by Beyonder on May 26th 2021, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Mihai May 20th 2021, 11:53 pm

Hello,

Please follow the steps from this tutorial: https://help.forumotion.com/t136323-modify-the-brackets-on-the-group-legend

Best regards,
Mihai
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Reputation : 16
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Bucharest, Romania

View user profile https://help.forumgratuit.ro/

skouliki, TonnyKamper, TheCrow and Beyonder like this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 21st 2021, 4:31 pm

@Mihai wrote:Hello,

Please follow the steps from this tutorial: https://help.forumotion.com/t136323-modify-the-brackets-on-the-group-legend

Best regards,
Mihai

Thank you, Mihai! but it still didn't remove the brackets!

Still There:
Legend Editing? Not_go10

Code to Index Body is Modified:
Legend Editing? Code_r10

Code is approved:
Legend Editing? Approv10

CSS Code:
Legend Editing? Css10

This is to show I followed the steps as the link says.
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by skouliki May 21st 2021, 5:11 pm

Hello

Did you save and publish the template?
Do you have the option default templates set to no?
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11001
Reputation : 1386
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 21st 2021, 5:18 pm

@skouliki wrote:Hello

Did you save and publish the template?
Do you have the option default templates set to no?

Yes I saved and published it
Yes its set to no
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by skouliki May 21st 2021, 6:38 pm

Go to Administration Panel > Display > Templates > General > index_body

Find :
Code:
<tr>
 <td class="row1"><span class="gensmall">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span></td>
 </tr>

Replace by :
Code:
<tr>
 <td class="row1"><span class="gensmall legend">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span></td>
 </tr>

Save and publish.


Next add the following rules to your stylesheet :
Display > Colors > CSS stylesheet

Code:
.gensmall.legend { font-size:0 }
.gensmall.legend b:after { content:" • " }
.gensmall.legend b:last-child:after { content:"" }
.gensmall.legend b:first-child:before { content:"Legend : " }
.gensmall.legend b:after, .gensmall.legend b:first-child:before {
  font-size:10px;
  font-weight:normal;
}
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11001
Reputation : 1386
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 21st 2021, 9:13 pm

@skouliki wrote:Go to Administration Panel > Display > Templates > General > index_body

Find :
Code:
<tr>
 <td class="row1"><span class="gensmall">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span></td>
 </tr>

Replace by :
Code:
<tr>
 <td class="row1"><span class="gensmall legend">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span></td>
 </tr>

Save and publish.


Next add the following rules to your stylesheet :
Display > Colors > CSS stylesheet

Code:
.gensmall.legend { font-size:0 }
.gensmall.legend b:after { content:" • " }
.gensmall.legend b:last-child:after { content:"" }
.gensmall.legend b:first-child:before { content:"Legend : " }
.gensmall.legend b:after, .gensmall.legend b:first-child:before {
  font-size:10px;
  font-weight:normal;
}

Sadly still no chances to the Brackets is this for a specific forum version?
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Mihai May 21st 2021, 11:23 pm

@Beyonder wrote:Thank you, Mihai! but it still didn't remove the brackets!

Still There:
Legend Editing? Not_go10

Code to Index Body is Modified:
Legend Editing? Code_r10

Code is approved:
Legend Editing? Approv10

CSS Code:
Legend Editing? Css10

This is to show I followed the steps as the link says.

Hello,

Thanks for reporting in!

is this your forum: https://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/ ? because i dont see the modifications! Shocked

Let me know here

Best regards,
Mihai
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Reputation : 16
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Bucharest, Romania

View user profile https://help.forumgratuit.ro/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 22nd 2021, 12:13 am

@Mihai wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:Thank you, Mihai! but it still didn't remove the brackets!

Still There:
Legend Editing? Not_go10

Code to Index Body is Modified:
Legend Editing? Code_r10

Code is approved:
Legend Editing? Approv10

CSS Code:
Legend Editing? Css10

This is to show I followed the steps as the link says.

Hello,

Thanks for reporting in!

is this your forum: https://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/ ? because i dont see the modifications! Shocked

Let me know here

Best regards,
Mihai

Yes that is one of my many forums but this is the forum that I am going for: The Forum
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Mihai May 22nd 2021, 12:31 am

Okay, thanks for the confirmation

could you edit this code:
Code:
<span class="gensmall legend">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span>
with this:
Code:
<span id="groupLegend">{GROUP_LEGEND}</span>
To see if its working?

Let me know here

Best regards,
Mihai
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Reputation : 16
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Bucharest, Romania

View user profile https://help.forumgratuit.ro/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 22nd 2021, 1:10 am

@Mihai wrote:Okay, thanks for the confirmation

could you edit this code:
Code:
<span class="gensmall legend">{LEGEND}&nbsp;:&nbsp;{GROUP_LEGEND}</span>
with this:
Code:
<span id="groupLegend">{GROUP_LEGEND}</span>
To see if its working?

Let me know here

Best regards,
Mihai

It reverted the coding.
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Mihai May 22nd 2021, 1:12 am

did you removed the css code?
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Reputation : 16
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Bucharest, Romania

View user profile https://help.forumgratuit.ro/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by skouliki May 22nd 2021, 8:52 pm

the above code was for phpBB2

try this to your css

Code:

span#groupLegend{
color: transparent;
}

result

Legend Editing? Scre2459
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11001
Reputation : 1386
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Beyonder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Ape May 22nd 2021, 11:39 pm

Please remember that each Forum version Don't use the same codes in CSS and javaScript's

So please list the Forum version you want help with This will help members and our staff help you faster.
Also a list of forums URL if more then one will help us.

EDIT: Please also note it maybe you need to add the code
Code:
!important
at the end of the codes on CSS to make it work right

Regards.

Ape.


Legend Editing? Left1212Legend Editing? Center11Legend Editing? Right112
Legend Editing? Ape_b110
Legend Editing? Keep_s10
Legend Editing? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 16610
Reputation : 1791
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 25th 2021, 1:53 am

@skouliki wrote:the above code was for phpBB2

try this to your css

Code:

span#groupLegend{
color: transparent;
}

result

Legend Editing? Scre2459
Alright! it got rid of it! Very Happy thank you!

@Ape wrote:Please remember that each Forum version Don't use the same codes in CSS and javaScript's

So please list the Forum version you want help with This will help members and our staff help you faster.
Also a list of forums URL if more then one will help us.

EDIT: Please also note it maybe you need to add the code
Code:
!important
at the end of the codes on CSS to make it work right

Regards.

Ape.

Understandable! thank you! and thank you too you @Mihai!
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Ape May 25th 2021, 2:25 am

@Beyonder is this now solved ?

If yes please press the mark solved button found at the top of your topic.


Legend Editing? Left1212Legend Editing? Center11Legend Editing? Right112
Legend Editing? Ape_b110
Legend Editing? Keep_s10
Legend Editing? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 16610
Reputation : 1791
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Beyonder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by skouliki May 25th 2021, 8:05 am

you are welcome
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11001
Reputation : 1386
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Beyonder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by Beyonder May 26th 2021, 12:40 pm

@Ape wrote:@Beyonder is this now solved ?

If yes please press the mark solved button found at the top of your topic.
Alrighty done!

@skouliki wrote:you are welcome
Legend Editing? 1f64f
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Reputation : 25
Language : English
Location : Beyond Realm

View user profile http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Legend Editing?

Post by skouliki May 26th 2021, 1:19 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11001
Reputation : 1386
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum