The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danish translation

5 posters

Go down

Solved Danish translation

Post by Særmark November 7th 2023, 6:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure where to put this, so I hope this will do.

I have noticed after setting my language to Danish, that a lot of the forum is still not translated. This is mostly present in the AP, however there are still a few bipps and bopps here and there that are left untranslated.

Since I have received so much help with my forum from users here (and is still in need of further help), I would like to volunteer to help with finishing of the Danish translation, as a token of my appreciation, if that is of any help.

However, I don't know who I should get in contact with, or how to do it.

Please let me know if i can help! Thank you.

Greetings from Denmark

Last edited by Særmark on November 29th 2023, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

Male Posts : 86
Language : English / Danish / Swedish

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Danish translation

Post by SLGray November 7th 2023, 11:11 pm

I will tag @Luzz for you.

Danish translation Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Særmark November 7th 2023, 11:12 pm

Its just text. I would guess that only about 40-50% of the AP is translated. So its a mix of danish and english.

Outside the AP its things like 'login', 'register', 'top 20 posters', 'logged in as' and other small but very noticeable things like that

EDIT

I didn't notice that you changed your message.

But yeah, if i can help, let me know Danish translation 1f44d
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather November 8th 2023, 10:44 am

Hello @Særmark

With great pleasure! @Luzz will contact you tomorrow or Friday to set up the various missing Danish translations.

Thank you.
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Særmark November 8th 2023, 3:30 pm

He is welcome. If he can send me a message with a more specific time, that would help a lot, just to make sure im online. But otherwise, I will just keep a good eye out for an email  Danish translation 1f44d

Absolutely. All of you have been very helpful, so of course  Danish translation 1f44c
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luzz November 9th 2023, 12:39 pm

Hello  @Særmark

First, thanks a lot for your help with translations, we appreciate it a lot !  :rose: :rose:

Outside the AP its things like 'login', 'register', 'top 20 posters', 'logged in as' and other small but very noticeable things like that

If you are ready to give us missing translations, we can progressively integrate them all. But maybe these things on the forum (not in the AP) that are not translated are the first priority, as it concerns all members ! 

Would you like to give some most important translations, from your point of view, here,  for example in this form :

English text >> Danish text 

(maybe with some indication about the localisation of these texts, for each groupe of elements to be translated   (no need to put it for each text)  :rose:)

I'll integrate it on the forum, and after we can look together if it will not be intresting to give you our special interface for translations.  (It depends on how much time you are ready to spend for it ^^). 

Thank you in advance. 

P.S.  (There is absolutely no hurry about all this)
Luzz
Luzz
Administrator
Administrator

Language : French, English, Russian

http://forum.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Særmark November 15th 2023, 4:16 pm

Hi Luzz!

Im sorry for the late response. I managed to get sick with Covid for the second time this autumn, so I have been laying in bed for the past week.

Luzz wrote:Would you like to give some most important translations, from your point of view, here, for example in this form :

English text >> Danish text

(maybe with some indication about the localisation of these texts, for each groupe of elements to be translated (no need to put it for each text) :rose:)

I'll integrate it on the forum, and after we can look together if it will not be intresting to give you our special interface for translations. (It depends on how much time you are ready to spend for it ^^).

Thank you in advance.

P.S. (There is absolutely no hurry about all this)

Yes of course.
Would it be okay if I translate this weekend? I'll go through the different pages and find all the small missing translations here and there, and give an indication on where they are on the page.

By chance, do you have a test-forum as my forum has quite a few removals and visual changes, so maybe it would be easier on an unedited base forum where all menus, links and text is visible? Just to make sure we get it all Danish translation 1f603

Luzz wrote:I'll integrate it on the forum, and after we can look together if it will not be intresting to give you our special interface for translations. (It depends on how much time you are ready to spend for it ^^).

Sure, let's see how it goes! It would be great to get the AP translated at some point as well.

Cheers
Særmark
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

Luzz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luzz November 16th 2023, 10:08 am

Hello @Særmark

I managed to get sick with Covid for the second time this autumn, so I have been laying in bed for the past week.

I am sorry to here it  What a Face I hope you are finally going better!  Danish translation 1f33b 

Of course, you can do it when you want and as fast as you want, take your time!! There is absolutely no pressure and it's not urgent at all! 

I think it will be better if you create yourself a testforum  (with another email that your email for your own forum), so you can do everything you want with it and use your emails for notifications if needed and so on.  (Even for the administration of your own forum it could be interesting to have a test forum Smile ) . 

Thank you!
Luzz
Luzz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Særmark November 21st 2023, 12:17 am

Hi @Luzz!

So, I've finally gotten around to start translating a bit today.

I have made a testforum, where nothing is removed: https://testforum.danskforum.net/

It is created in punbb as my own forum.

So I will start at the forumindex, and translate like English >> Danish:

Navigation bar (When logged in):

Calendar >> Kalender

Latest images >> Seneste billeder (or Nyeste billeder meaning Newest images)

Logout >> Log ud

Index (When logged in):

Yesterday at (time) >> Igår kl. (time)

Today at (time) >> Idag kl. (time)

Logged in as >> Logget ind som

Overall top 20 posters >> Top 20 mest aktive medlemmer (Meaning Top 20 most active members, as Overall top 20 posters doesn't really translate nicely)

Today's top 20 posters >> Dagens top 20 mest aktive medlemmer (Meaning Today's Top 20 most active members, as Today's top 20 posters doesn't really translate nicely)

(Alternatively the Top 20 part could easily be removed, and just lead to a top 20 list)

Today's active topics >> Dagens aktive emner

Delete the forum cookies >> Slet forum cookies

No users have a birthday today >> Ingen brugere har fødselsdag idag (A more correct way to say it in danish would be: Ingen brugere fylder år idag, but either works just fine.)

No users are having a birthday in the upcoming 7 days >> Ingen brugere har fødselsdag de kommende 7 dage (A more correct way to say it in danish would be: Ingen brugere fylder år de kommende 7 dage, but either works just fine.)

Forumindex (When not logged in):

You are not connected. Please login or register >> Du er ikke logget ind. Log ind eller registrer dig her. (Line under links)

So I think I will do it like this, and make a new post for every page, to try and keep it simple and organized. I will try to see if I can get a page or two translated a day.

Would that work for you?

There are a few other things that are already translated, but that could be translated in another and better way. Let me know if you are interested in these corrections as well.

Kind regards
Særmark
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

SLGray likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luzz November 21st 2023, 9:46 am

Hello  @Særmark,

Great, thank you a lot for these translations!!  :rose:

I'll integrate them and send online as soon as possible.  I have sent you a PM to see how we can better organise this work. 

Have a nice day, 
Best regards, 
Luzz
Luzz
Luzz
Administrator
Administrator

SLGray likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Særmark November 29th 2023, 6:21 pm

Luzz and I are working on the translation part over PM, and via the integrated translation tool!

Marking as solved!

As always, thank you guys!
Særmark
Særmark
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor12345 November 29th 2023, 6:36 pm

Marked as solved

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Danish translation Screen51
Razor12345
Razor12345
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1476
Language : Ukr, Rus, Eng

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather November 30th 2023, 9:09 am

Hello,

Særmark wrote:Luzz and I are working on the translation part over PM, and via the integrated translation tool!

Marking as solved!

As always, thank you guys!

Just to let you know that Luzz will be back on Monday Very Happy
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Ape likes this post

Back to top Go down