The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem

+140
Chancellor
person
doggyma
Catnipthyme
CJ
spiffypix
MrMario
Lady Orihime
formand
Sanket
Adz!
Surreal09
Nelsaidi
Lazergirl
MrMega
Runescape4
ken
Tezza1
Brandon Elric
akashic
babi_dugem
jgdci
Dreamlimix
Eman and Kou
LasTemptation
carlyse_09
kjmj14
KenWeiLL
dany
Nikhar
xntrick
SLEEPAH
Mistress Jezzabel
thealbertross
Elizabeth_Potter
drankur9
Jj S.
tyhodge07
Skittles
Kellycakes
jl
vgohyk
Whogopenguin
Rita
coasc
Akiba
BlueCup
DarkDudi
Pale_Rider
littlepeddler
meatloaf
gunfighter
dirtydoug
deogiblue
danibmw
talan
vs tyrant
Sio
rich_in_millsberry
skyesfury
talhun69
Battlespud
::konstantin::
Steph
Panic! At The Forum
Tri-Edge
mso4
STAND
KirbySB
KoKyLand
xxxVIPERxxx
abarisama
Alex!
Saurus
GillVietFans
Voice
ericschevy
Nessa
wolfgar
xo*Åm@ñdâ*ox
Seiitsu
Kingdom Life
slippynuxx
jb<3
nimiel
Silverwind.Katz
FOXY LADY
jw1218
Byo.Shin
idgitonloose
Hungry4Info
Scrappingbutterfly
forum-holic
jay-r
cliff
dik harrison
Elwina
XxobrianxX
DrGhost
Spunky
Expert(BR)
SEE-MH-INFO
DavidK
SaintAnger
pan
Aisling
The Ghost
Shadow
parentheticramblings
Xedanis
Misery_Kitty
Cazy K
angelrose520
Brad38
SheSly
pugmad
downloadbay
Severin
Darren1
TheGamingPlace
Nazar
HOM
shugo1226
KQ
Jenna
baltimoregirlz
Fleur de Lis
frontier gander
demontia
Machel
Kataishin
jimbo1234
eddbundy01
mistojen
LeslyVengeance
melodiccolor
b_11_321
faster789
AluSeph
144 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem - Page 10 Empty Nothing shows up when I put my forum address in

Post by AluSeph July 10th 2008, 3:21 am

First topic message reminder :

I've made a age of conan guild forums here, and now it just shows a white screen when I try access it, could someone help me? Name of the forums is http://chaoticlegion.forumakers.com/

Last edited by AluSeph on July 10th 2008, 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
AluSeph

Language : English

Back to top Go down

( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem - Page 10 Empty Re: ( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem

Post by Pale_Rider August 16th 2008, 7:17 am

Mine is still down too... add mine to the still messed up list... http://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm... you can navigate until you get to a message or a PM, then it still says GENERAL ERROR.
Pale_Rider
Pale_Rider
Forumember

Male Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem - Page 10 Empty Re: ( Only Topic ) Recent Server Issue / Problem

Post by DarkDudi August 16th 2008, 7:55 am

can someone help me? when i make "New Topic" so when i click send its says:
Could not obtain smilies data
DarkDudi

Language : Hebrew

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCup August 16th 2008, 8:24 am

My forum crashed about five hours ago while we were playing on it. It went white for a while, then when it came back I was unable to read any topics as I was met with the "Unable to retrieve post info". And I'm finding that I'm also unable to edit anything in the Admin CP because I keep getting the something "security log" error.

I had just finished setting everything up, too.
BlueCup

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiba August 16th 2008, 8:25 am

3rd time i experience this problem.
Akiba
Akiba

Male Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkDudi August 16th 2008, 8:36 am

can someone help me? when i make "New Topic" so when i click send its says:
Could not obtain smilies data
please help Sad
DarkDudi

Language : Hebrew

Back to top Go down

Post by gunfighter August 16th 2008, 8:40 am

My chat box is giving a weird error msg. wwog.up-your.com
I also have a problem with the modules area of my admin panel,
i cannot access it, all was fine before i left today came back all screwed up. Any help would be appreciated
gunfighter

Back to top Go down

Post by gunfighter August 16th 2008, 8:44 am

Update i cannot acces any of the admin panel accept misc and home, all else give error msg. help is appreciated
gunfighter

Back to top Go down

Post by coasc August 16th 2008, 8:46 am

i have the same problem.. oh no.. can it be fixed??/
Sad ooh nooo!!! Help...
coasc
coasc

Female Posts : 12
Language : English, Filipino

http://kiloscoasc.forumsmotion.com, http://pinoyspeedcubers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale_Rider August 16th 2008, 9:08 am

Is anyone working on this, or is this going to not be touched until Monday? I think us that have money in our boards deserve an answer. What is happening? Is anything being done? How much longer is this expect to last? How about some kind of an update?

Last edited by Pale_Rider on August 16th 2008, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Pale_Rider
Pale_Rider
Forumember

Male Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by danibmw August 16th 2008, 9:28 am

General Error
Could not access list of unread posts from forums

http://bmwclubs.heavenforum.org/index.htm

Please get us back on?
danibmw

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita August 16th 2008, 9:46 am

Im getting this messages today.. "Could not obtain post/user information." it gives that everytime when im trying to read some topic, also in control panel it gives error messages "General Error, Could not obtain security log information". Shocked http://faithless.darkbb.com/
Rita

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Whogopenguin August 16th 2008, 9:51 am

Mine is still on. Critical Error..

http://grometower.com
Whogopenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita August 16th 2008, 10:43 am

Our forum is working now perfectly, tyvm Wink
Rita

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty August 16th 2008, 12:11 pm

so what was the problem? will it happen again? (can I be rude and ask why the forums keep crashing... and will it be ongoing or just a hiccup for a short time?)

How often do other peoples forums go down around here?
Mines working again thanks for that.. but still loading slowly... Confused Embarassed
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk August 16th 2008, 5:27 pm

I am glad it is running now.

Such server problems have been happening frequently without any announcements. I hope something could be done in this area.

Thanks for the effort!
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by jl August 16th 2008, 6:17 pm

So i post on one topic i check to see if the problem is fixed , that topic is locked .

Redirects you to this topic . yes i can understand that.. one reply to everyone.

No explanation ,

We pretty much know its working again most us us could figure that out all by ourselves.

The moderator has to put up with the complaints .And post no explanation.

The technicians have to fix it.

Some one i assume owns this site. Who has volunteers to keep it going.

Not even a thank you to them for putting up with all the complaints.

Who ever you are .what ever your game..Courtesy goes a long way ,

A lot of people put a lot of time into their forums hundreds of hours to get it going and i for one have no problem paying for a reliable site.

Like i said in my other post i am thankful to have had a chance to try a forum. I didnt waste my time in that respect but there is no sense going any further with it .

I would like a reply please .
So would a lot of other people.

You want us all to close our forums and leave i would think most would do that if you requested it in a polite way .

What do you want? Why do you offer free forums .One or two problems dont bother most people .

Lack of courtesy.
Explain up front what you expect from us in return for our free forum.

Pay if we get it going and the service is reliable.
for me no problem.

But if i am going to pay for a service i expect an answer when i make a request.

Explanation please ...
jl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellycakes August 16th 2008, 7:01 pm

I agree with jl. Here are 10 pages full of technical problems and in these 10 pages we have 6 posts from moderators. Only two moderators, one with 5 and one with 1 post. They said we have to be patient, but no explanation of what is going on.

I don't have to come into this forum to figure out whether my forum is working again or not.

If you run a good business you should have at least one technician overnight, so in case things like that happens again (And I'm pretty sure the next problem is just around the corner) it can be fixed right away. That's how it should work.

I doubt that we will get any explanation though jl.
Kellycakes
Kellycakes
Forumember

Female Posts : 35

http://scribbles.forumotions.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor August 16th 2008, 8:25 pm

Luky, you have redirected everyone here to this thread for an explanation of the latest problem with the server.

But there is no explanation, no post by any admin or mod on this yet.

I had hoped that when forumotion got the new server, such crashes were a thing of the past, or at least very infrequent. Instead, they seem to be happening ever more frequently. It is discouraging and it would help everyone to know what the tech's think the problem is with it repeatedly doing this. Even if someone has to translate for them it would calm things down to know the techs have a handle on this and are working to permanently fix the problem; even if it takes some time. I think most people would be reasonable about that.
melodiccolor
Forumember

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles August 17th 2008, 5:04 am

melodiccolor wrote:Luky, you have redirected everyone here to this thread for an explanation of the latest problem with the server.

But there is no explanation, no post by any admin or mod on this yet.

I understand your frustration, but as it has been stated many times here, when threads are moved over to the techs forum, it will not be commented on by the techs unless the techs have some questions or until the problem is solved.

Also, the techs being paid employees, are under office hours, therefore they are not available on the weekends to work on such matters, therefore, they will not be aware of the most current problem, nor start to work on it until they arrive back in the office on business hours.

Luky has directed the issue to this thread, due to the fact that this one is the Only Topic for this issue, and it already exists in the tech forum, and it just causes confusion to have several threads about the same issue posted thruout the forum.

As for the moderators not giving any explaination is due to the fact that we know just about as much as you do. We are not paid employees who are stationed in the offices, to where we would hear from the techs what is going on with any particular issue. So basically once we move it to the techs forums, it is out of our hands, and into the techs. Wink

Thanks for all of your patience. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by tyhodge07 August 17th 2008, 6:29 am

Skittles wrote:
Also, the techs being paid employees, are under office hours, therefore they are not available on the weekends to work on such matters, therefore, they will not be aware of the most current problem, nor start to work on it until they arrive back in the office on business hours.

hasnt this been going on for month's now making it not a current problem, more of an on going never ending problem and still hasnt been figured out. i think it is a bug thats on their half, since before all the worthless "upgrades" and "changes" nobody had the problem Rolling Eyes
tyhodge07
tyhodge07
Forumember

Male Posts : 708

http://rcmodzone.all-up.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2008, 6:38 am

tyhodge07 wrote:
since before all the worthless "upgrades" and "changes" nobody had the problem Rolling Eyes

agreed.

Last edited by Skittles on August 17th 2008, 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix quote tag error)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles August 17th 2008, 6:39 am

tyhodge07 wrote:
Skittles wrote:

hasnt this been going on for month's now making it not a current problem, more of an on going never ending problem and still hasnt been figured out. i think it is a bug thats on their half, since before all the worthless "upgrades" and "changes" nobody had the problem Rolling Eyes

Yes it appears to be bugs. But as you can also read by going back and reading previous posts, the issues had appeared to be solved, so it isn't until the problems occur again that the techs will know there is more that needs to be fixed.

In regards to upgrades and changes, it has been said several times before as well, that there are different paid staff members assigned to different tasks, that could be upgrades and changes that have been in the works, for well longer than the bugs or other issues needing techs assistance. There are specific techs who's job it is to work on bugs, while others are probably continuing to work on their task, of creating changes and upgrades.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj S. August 18th 2008, 10:30 pm

I have a problem someone hacked my account changed the pass and email adress and I cant get to my admin panel what do I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jj S.
Jj S.
Forumember

Male Posts : 53

http://restaurantcitytalk.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 18th 2008, 11:12 pm

well it is monday and nothing from the tech on any of the problems we have

Back to top Go down

Post by jl August 28th 2008, 9:54 pm

Well never did find out what was expected of me .Was i supposed to go to a paid reliable hosting service you would recommend or you owned .Anyways i learned this much a little about how a forum works and how to set it up . Got it on google and yahoo it was coming along fine .Then it started acting up again with a few problems so i deleted everything out of it ,then deleted the site.

Thank you for the opportunity to try this .But i wanted a reliable site and figured it was free to start then once you got it up and ready to go , you have a problem it would be fixed .

No excuse the techs dont work on weekends .
That is when the sites have the most people on them .

Anyways i found a paid system .
jl

Back to top Go down

Post by drankur9 October 16th 2008, 10:39 am

is this occurs frequently
drankur9

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth_Potter October 19th 2008, 5:22 am

I am the founder of http Edited: remove url

I am having troubles since I first opened it and PM won't open since when I click on it it shows blank nothing. It just won't open. All of the buttons to make the PM turned on is on but the PM won't open. PM is enabled but it just needs to open the mail. As all of my members and me and try to get it to work but when we click on it shows nothing.

I really need this done fast so all of my members can pm more privately.
Elizabeth_Potter
Elizabeth_Potter

Female Posts : 20

http://hogwartsschoolformag.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles October 19th 2008, 7:28 am

Elizabeth, please do not post a different problem in an existing thread in order to get it into the technicians forum.

I am aware that another member gave you the wrong information regarding this which is why you will not receive a warning for triple posting, but please do NOT post the same issues in more than one thread or create more than one. Yours is found here.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 19th 2008, 7:29 pm

drankur9 wrote:is this occurs frequently
Not very often, as a rule the servers are pretty reliable on here

Back to top Go down

Post by thealbertross October 20th 2008, 8:56 pm

did this problem re-occur today? i was on earlier and my forum was down: 'page could not be found'. anyone else get this today?
thealbertross
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next