The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove ads for 1 specific group!

+12
davidl
FrOsTyXi
JScript
Nemo
Gopi
ViciousPassion
Derri
Ikerepc
TheCrow
SLGray
_Twisted_Mods_
brandon_g
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Left1177%Remove ads for 1 specific group! Right11 77% 
[ 20 ]
Remove ads for 1 specific group! Left1123%Remove ads for 1 specific group! Right11 23% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Empty Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Post by brandon_g 10/1/2015, 22:02

Hello everyone,

What I am suggesting is that forumotion can give us admins the option to allow 1 usergroup to not see ads without removing them altogether. I suggest that Admins can buy with their credits the option to not ONLY remove all the ads on the forum with credits, but disable it for at least 1 usergroup. The reason I suggest this is, I can see if a forum wants to implement something like a VIP Usergroup, members can get into this usergroup by buying that particular forum credits in exchange for a set of perks like VIP Status etc. I think it is a good idea because most sites that offer VIP, also allow those users Ad free viewing, if their going to pay money (or pay to give us credits) I think they should at least be able to view the site ad free. As of right now this is impossible on FM. I think it would be a decent feature to add.

I know what you are all thinking: well what is the point of this suggestion when FM allows users to remove ads for the entire site for everyone through credits? The point of this suggestion is yes while removing ads for the entire site will work, this being able to remove ads for 1 group only allows forums with premium and/or VIP membership programs  to add ad free site usage as a benefit/perk for Premium/VIP Members only. The implemention of this suggestion would benefit that forum and forumotion, a person who donates credits to a forum (which maybe can be used to purchase the removal of the ads for the 1 group) and forumotion in turn makes money too. Now I can also hear the other negative people will say:  well this is a terrible idea because then one could just remove the ads for the members group and add everyone to it. The answer I give to this is not if forumotion only allows you to remove it for a Premium/VIP Membership group only. There are ways to add restrictions to what group(s) will be allowed to have the ads removed or maybe a limit to how many users can be in the group or maybe the group won't become available until you spend the credits on it, then you could only a certain number of users to the group before you need to spend more credits to expand the capacity, or something else. there are many creative and effective ways this can work.

So while this suggestion may not be entirelly nessecary, it will help many forums with premium or VIP Memberships as well as forumotion. I would like to ask you all to think through the points and ideas I have made before voting.
-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on 29/12/2015, 23:49; edited 3 times in total
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Empty Re: Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Post by brandon_g 12/1/2015, 23:21

BUMP! Come on guys cant anyone see a use for this?

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Remove ads for 1 specific group! Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ 13/1/2015, 00:56

vote no .. you can add everyone to that groups and rip off the system so its pointless
_Twisted_Mods_
_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2108

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 13/1/2015, 18:19

Did you hear my proposal, I never said let us do it for FREE, I said let us be able to BUY the option with our credits, we can remove them with the credit, why cant we narrow it down with credit? For VIP Programs which will encourage users to donate credit to a forum.

Remember to mark your topic Remove ads for 1 specific group! Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/1/2015, 20:56

Voted no. Makes no sense. And I agree with @_Twisted_Mods_ I find it difficult to accept the way you want to treat VIP members differently than the default membership other than forum rights, not forum defaults.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 13/1/2015, 21:00

SamanthaS wrote:Voted no. Makes no sense. And I agree with @_Twisted_Mods_ I find it difficult to accept the way you want to treat VIP members differently than the default membership other than forum rights, not forum defaults.
I am not understanding what is not good about it? If a user pays for credits in exchange for VIP membership why cant they see ad free?
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/1/2015, 21:08

Because your next step will be: the more members the longer you should do without the adverts. That's a big no to me. This is no fish market shady dealing yk.

You've got no credits, and if you're underage to purchase any, live with it until you got such age to buy yourself a credit card to buy some. Or get yourself into FM contests to win some. Don't depend on other members to credit you and your ideas thru donations. That's purely wrong thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 13/1/2015, 21:14

So now its wrong to try to encourage people to want rewards, i am not doing no shady dealing, i will buy my own. I am not saying have people buy the things for me not at all, i am simply saying that if someone kindly DONATES credits that they will should rewarded for their kindness.
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/1/2015, 22:11

Although this seems like a good idea in certain situations, I don't believe it is really beneficial. I feel as if it would be more beneficial in the long run just to use credits to remove the ads as a whole for all usergroups. Sure, removing the ads for just a specific user group would be nice, it isn't really fair for the others to have to deal with the ads in the event that they don't have money or credits to donate.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 13/1/2015, 23:07

VIP membership should not be bases only on if someone donates credits.  You can offer other things to VIP members.

Remove ads for 1 specific group! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/1/2015, 23:14

SLGray wrote:VIP membership should not be bases only on if someone donates credits.  You can offer other things to VIP members.
This is a good point, some things you could offer would be a private board to post in only accessible to VIP Members & Staff, special user name color, custom rank, ect.

Another way to get VIP Members are those who contribute a lot of the website. Such as like the Helper Rank here at Forumotion but different. You could also offer VIP Membership as a reward in a contest that you may hold. Don't base it on getting credits.

But if you plan to remove credits for 1 group, just remove it for all. It is fair that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ 13/1/2015, 23:22

so you want to pay the full price to remove adverts but still have the option to turn them on for certain groups?  .. if thats the case i would pay to remove them they goto a few sites that pay you for adverts and have someone write you a script witch displays them for the groups you want to have the averts
_Twisted_Mods_
_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2108

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/1/2015, 23:58

Well, isn't all of the above what I tried to say in the first place...

_Twisted_Mods_ wrote:so you want to pay the full price to remove adverts but still have the option to turn them on for certain groups?  .. if thats the case i would pay to remove them they goto a few sites that pay you for adverts and have someone write you a script witch displays them for the groups you want to have the averts
Good idea. I've got Google Ads installed on my old forum. Hardly anyone clicks on them because everyone's using ad-blockers these days Razz .

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 14/1/2015, 05:15

SLGray wrote:VIP membership should not be bases only on if someone donates credits.  You can offer other things to VIP members.

Jadster wrote:
This is a good point, some things you could offer would be a private board to post in only accessible to VIP Members & Staff, special user name color, custom rank, ect.

Another way to get VIP Members are those who contribute a lot of the website. Such as like the Helper Rank here at Forumotion but different. You could also offer VIP Membership as a reward in a contest that you may hold. Don't base it on getting credits.

But if you plan to remove credits for 1 group, just remove it for all. It is fair that way.

SamanthaS wrote:Well, isn't all of the above what I tried to say in the first place...

_Twisted_Mods_ wrote:so you want to pay the full price to remove adverts but still have the option to turn them on for certain groups?  .. if thats the case i would pay to remove them they goto a few sites that pay you for adverts and have someone write you a script witch displays them for the groups you want to have the averts
Good idea. I've got Google Ads installed on my old forum. Hardly anyone clicks on them because everyone's using ad-blockers these days Razz .
First off, I never said that was THE only way to get vip guys/girls, that is just the 100% garaunteed way, there are other ways that do not require spending money, you can gain VIP status by contributing in a major to the site (might i add that when you no longer have admin access and your finished with our chatbox you will be granted vip Samantha, abosutelly will) if you bring in members and such you can be granted vip status. Yes paying is the abosulte way to obtain it, but it is not the only way.
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/1/2015, 13:58

Yes, I'm a pro-admin like Jadster now on his board. Smile Officially.

Last edited by SamanthaS on 15/2/2015, 02:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 14/1/2015, 15:20

Yes she is,

Did I clarify everyones concerns, questions, obiligations, expectations concerning this suggestion?
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 6/2/2015, 02:55

BUMP for more votes!

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow 6/2/2015, 06:04

Well since you can hide the ads from Admins and have them shown only to members and guests what is the purpose of this? You can buy credits to remove them if you want and remove them for all. I don't think someone will donate money for the ads. At least i wouldn't. I'd rather download an ad block app and be done with it. I am neutral to this opinion.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6913
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 6/2/2015, 06:24

The benefit of this feature is, say have a premium membership program, while credits can remove the ads flr the ENTIRE  site, as an  added reward/benefit for their contribution (whether it is donating, posting, helping the site and other users out, bringing in new members, etc.) they can recieve ad free usage of the site. It is just an incentive to encourage members to want to become a premuium member, it will benefit that forum and Forumotion at the same time. So while removing the ads to the ENTIRE site is not that bad, being able to have it for regular users and disabled for premium users is an added incentive.  regards, -Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on 15/7/2016, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 15/2/2015, 00:40

BUMP for more votes Smile

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc 15/2/2015, 01:05

Sorry, but I don't like idea... If you removing ads remove it for all, more members will register.

Voted no
Ikerepc
Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1186
Language : Who cares...

http://admins.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 15/2/2015, 02:56

Ikerepc wrote:Sorry, but I don't like idea... If you removing ads remove it for all, more members will register.

Voted no
Ok, with regards to this idea,

Yes removing ads for entire website for everyone will bring in regular members, but what about for sites with VIP/Premium Memberships?

Let me try to expand a little on this in a creative way:
Story 1:
Toby decides to join Centerstage forums, this forum has a Premium Membership program, the entire website has no ads. He always found the ads of most websites annoying, he is not interested in the perks offered on the website's premium membership program, he only cares about those annoying ads, but this website does not have those anyway! So with that said, he figures he will not even try to make himself noticeable or pay anything for the Premium Membership.
Story 2:

Toby decides to join Science worlds forums, this forum has a Premium Membership program, among the perks offered to Premium members is AD free site usage! He always found the ads of most websites annoying, he likes the idea that all he has to do is donate 3 dollars 1 time or contribute greatly to the community and he will have ad free site usage forever. He decides he wants to be a Premium Member,he decides to do it the quick way and pay 3 dollars to donate credits to the site. 15 minutes later Toby is a Premium Member forever... best of all, Toby no longer has to look at those annoying ads for as long as he lives.

With those 2 stories I would like to ask: Which one sounds more worthwhile to the forum and to forumotion?

-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 21/2/2015, 23:14

BUMP for more votes.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 22/2/2015, 19:10

BUMP for more votes.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri 23/2/2015, 03:37

I think it would be nice if you could have this kind of option so that you could do things like premium member programs or just to extended the purposes of your forum. For example I really wish you could buy more PM storage for your entire forum but maybe make it only associated with specific groups, because I hate that I can only have 50PMs its quite annoying lol.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 23/2/2015, 04:06

Thanks for your vote Derri Very Happy much appericated.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 28/2/2015, 23:29

BUMP for more votes Smile.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 2/3/2015, 04:40

Bump for more votes and original post as been updated with addition points and details.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 7/3/2015, 02:04

brandon_g wrote:Hello everyone,

What I am suggesting is that forumotion can give us admins the option to allow 1 usergroup to not see ads without removing them altogether. I suggest that Admins can buy with their credits the option to not ONLY remove all the ads on the forum with credits, but disable it for at least 1 usergroup. The reason I suggest this is, I can see if a forum wants to implement something like a VIP Usergroup, members can get into this usergroup by buying that particular forum credits in exchange for a set of perks like VIP Status etc. I think it is a good idea because most sites that offer VIP, also allow those users Ad free viewing, if their going to pay money (or pay to give us credits) I think they should at least be able to view the site ad free. As of right now this is impossible on FM. I think it would be a decent feature to add.

I know what you are all thinking: well what is the point of this suggestion when FM allows users to remove ads for the entire site for everyone through credits? The point of this suggestion is yes while removing ads for the entire site will work, this being able to remove ads for 1 group only allows forums with premium and/or VIP membership programs to add ad free site usage as a benefit/perk for Premium/VIP Members only. The implemention of this suggestion would benefit that forum and forumotion, a person who donates credits to a forum (which maybe can be used to purchase the removal of the ads for the 1 group) and forumotion in turn makes money too. Now I can also hear the other negative people will say: well this is a terrible idea because then one could just remove the ads for the members group and add everyone to it. The answer I give to this is not if forumotion only allows you to remove it for a Premium/VIP Membership group only. There are ways to add restrictions to what group(s) will be allowed tl have the ads removed or maybe a limit to how many users can be in the group or something else, there are many creative and effective ways this can work.

So while thos suggestion may not be entirelly nessecary, it will help many forums with premium or VIP Memberships as well as forumotion. I would like to ask you all to think through the points and ideas I have made before voting.
-Brandon

Bump for more votes Very Happy.
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ViciousPassion 7/3/2015, 11:40

I missed the voting but I would vote YES.

People never donate money unless it's for a cause such as save puppies and kitties.

Admins already pay for domain names. I wouldn't pay any credits to remove ads for everyone. Those members who don't wish to view ads they should pay themselves lol
ViciousPassion
ViciousPassion
Forumember

Female Posts : 90
Language : English, Greek

http://www.filessalesforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next