The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues

+12
efbe
Ben_is_easily_amused
YasirAyad
Shadow
SLGray
SophieDophs
Ape
K R I S O
brandon_g
Richardr
Van-Helsing
Derri
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In progress [Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues

Post by Derri July 4th 2015, 7:05 pm

Hello,

In collaboration with the announcement posted here: https://help.forumotion.com/t141716-recent-forum-issues-notifications-slow-loading-chatbox-servimg-and-tagging-issues#965159

If you're experiencing any issues then please report them here. Make sure to include a description of the problem and your forum URL. If you're experiencing additional issues please also post them here.

Thank You Very Happy

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues

Post by Van-Helsing July 5th 2015, 1:16 am

Hello @Derri,
Now servimg.com is probably down and displaying white pages.

Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues

Post by Richardr July 5th 2015, 1:19 am

We have a few issues on our forum (phpBB2).

1. The portal scrolling module has frozen.
2. Out post editors do not display smileys or icon buttons, and we can't switch to WYSIWYG.
3. In the admin panel, we can't remove the "Never provide your password to anyone," section.

Thanks.

Last edited by Richardr on July 5th 2015, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g July 5th 2015, 1:26 am

Richardr wrote:We have a few issues on our forum.

2. Out post editors do not display smileys or icon buttons, and we can't switch to WYSIWYG.
3. In the admin panel, we can't remove the "Never provide your password to anyone," section.

Thanks.

Hello,

All 3 of those are not related to the network issue last night. As for number 3... I don't think you can remove it. I have tried numerous times and it has never been removed or hidden. I don't even notice it anymore. Very Happy

Regards,
-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr July 5th 2015, 1:54 am

brandon_g wrote:I don't think you can remove it.

It was removable before.
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by K R I S O July 5th 2015, 1:56 am

problem with facebook login ??
K R I S O
K R I S O

Male Posts : 8
Language : Bulgaria

http://kzone.4ulike.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 5th 2015, 2:50 am

Black-Shadow wrote:Hello @Derri,
Now servimg.com is probably down and displaying white pages.

Servimg.com is down again Sad I don't have any information on this but if I find anything out, I'll let you know.

Richardr wrote:We have a few issues on our forum (phpBB2).

Thanks.

None of those are issues that were related to this, you should open up topics in the support forums regarding this.

K R I S O wrote:problem with facebook login ??

I don't think this is to do with our recent troubles. Facebook login has always been problematic so I'd recommend opening up a topic in the support section.

Thank you.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 5th 2015, 3:39 am

really slow loading of the support forum and finding it is taking time to even post a thread or reply
My forum in the other hand is working fine all but the Servimg.com but i know there working on that problem still Wink

[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Left1212[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Center11[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Right112
[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Ape_b110
[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing July 5th 2015, 10:57 am

Hello dear all,
Now servimg.com seems working fine as I checked it right now.
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress USERGROUP PERMISSIONS ISSUE 05/07/15

Post by SophieDophs July 5th 2015, 8:15 pm

As of today, the current maintenance issue on my forum is that my Usergroup forum permissions keep changing!

Following notification from my members about their access issues, I have checked those usergroup permissions and see that they have indeed been mysteriously changed so that those usergroups no longer have access to certain parts of my forum.  This is most upsetting for my members.

I have many sub forums and it would take an age for me to go through and correct all the usergroup permissions.

I have also had the following report today from a member:

... something is seriously mixed up in this forum. When I go to the "latest topics" it rolls back to May and further. And in the Challenges section is only on topic.

The accessibility changes every time I get in.

Would this have to do with the maintenance work of this week?

http://slimmingworldclub.niceboard.org/

I sincerely hope this problem will soon be resolved.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 5th 2015, 8:21 pm

SophieDophs wrote:As of today, the current maintenance issue on my forum is that my Usergroup forum permissions keep changing!

Following notification from my members about their access issues, I have checked those usergroup permissions and see that they have indeed been mysteriously changed so that those usergroups no longer have access to certain parts of my forum.  This is most upsetting for my members.

I have many sub forums and it would take an age for me to go through and correct all the usergroup permissions.

... something is seriously mixed up in this forum. When I go to the "latest topics" it rolls back to May and further. And in the Challenges section is only on topic.

This is the first time we have heard about usergroups?  It could be that this is not related to the issues we had since Friday's night.

[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow July 6th 2015, 9:37 am

Hello dear members,

We had many problems this weekend Sad We know it was very very annoying for you and we really apologize for the trouble. Our technicians worked this weekend to fix those issues as fast as possible...

I will let your know when I've more info. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

best regards
Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs July 6th 2015, 5:19 pm

SophieDophs wrote:As of today, the current maintenance issue on my forum is that my Usergroup forum permissions keep changing!

I have been painstakingly working my way through my forum's permissions to reinstate my original settings. 

I haven't yet finished (I have lots of sub forums!) but I sincerely hope that there will be no more mysterious changes to these and any other settings.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 6th 2015, 11:48 pm

@SophieDophs The issue you're facing isn't related to the goings on over the weekend as we've had no reports of this and it wouldn't be an isolated incident just due the nature of the problem we faced over the week.

Did you change a permission in a subforum which had 'Copy Forum Permissions of 'blah' forum' selected as that would have a chain effect.

Also do you have any other admins? It could have been them.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs July 7th 2015, 11:07 am

Derri wrote:@SophieDophs The issue you're facing isn't related to the goings on over the weekend as we've had no reports of this and it wouldn't be an isolated incident just due the nature of the problem we faced over the week.

Did you change a permission in a subforum which had 'Copy Forum Permissions of 'blah' forum' selected as that would have a chain effect.

Also do you have any other admins? It could have been them.
Lol, no, of course it wasn't me that changed it!

Nor do I have any other admins.

I have not touched the permissions for absolute ages - probably last year the last time.

When I checked yesterday, I found that some usergroups had their permissions wiped out and yet they were happily posting in those same forums on Wednesday July 1st.

Other usergroups (e.g. new members) were able to create stickies and announcements, when, quite obviously, they shouldn't have those permissions and indeed, have never been granted them.

Something has obviously happened, whether or not you believe me and whether or not others have reported it, too.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs July 7th 2015, 10:12 pm

Okay, so having spent a considerable amount of time yesterday, reinstating my forum permissions, I decided to double-check them tonight and incredulously, they have been messed up - again!!!

Guys, what's happening????????!!!!!  What are you doing????
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by YasirAyad July 8th 2015, 2:19 am

hello ,

admin panel so slowly. must redirect my browser< on ahlamontada forums.
YasirAyad
YasirAyad
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : En/Ar

http://help.ahlamontada.com/u152001

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben_is_easily_amused July 8th 2015, 2:37 am

Hello, reposting here as requested. We have slow load times and intermittent outages; this includes the forum and the admin panel.

www.newsfixboard.com
Ben_is_easily_amused

http://newsfix.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe July 8th 2015, 2:55 am

Ben_is_easily_amused wrote:Hello, reposting here as requested. We have slow load times and intermittent outages; this includes the forum and the admin panel.

www.newsfixboard.com
Same here..even this help forum is slow loading.

Edit.. i spoke too soon, seems fine now. Smile
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben_is_easily_amused July 8th 2015, 5:06 am

efbe wrote:
Ben_is_easily_amused wrote:Hello, reposting here as requested. We have slow load times and intermittent outages; this includes the forum and the admin panel.

www.newsfixboard.com
Same here..even this help forum is slow loading.

Edit.. i spoke too soon, seems fine now. Smile

Seems to be working much better on my site too, and this site is loading properly as well.
Ben_is_easily_amused

http://newsfix.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow July 8th 2015, 9:39 am

SophieDophs wrote:Okay, so having spent a considerable amount of time yesterday, reinstating my forum permissions, I decided to double-check them tonight and incredulously, they have been messed up - again!!!

Guys, what's happening????????!!!!!  What are you doing????
Hello SophieDophs

I think your problem is not due to maintenance page as you're the only one to get this problem. I've sent an email to our technicians. They'll look at your permissions asap. For the moment don't change your forum permissions please.

Could you please open an other topic on this section: https://help.forumotion.com/f46-other-problems ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Buttercup :rose:
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice July 9th 2015, 2:51 am

My forum is taking forever to load.  I know it is just my forum because when I go to another site, it loads almost immediately. 

Plus, I've noticed recently, that when I got to a certain section on my forum....I can't immediately go back to that section.  For instance, if I go to the "Announcements" section of my forum to view a thread in that area and then I go back to the index page of my forum, I can't click on the "Annoucements" section again.  It wouldn't take me to the threads in that section.  I have to go to another section before I go back to that section. 

Here is the URL of my forum:  http://discacademy.forumotion.pro/
(Sorry, not trying to advertise)
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 9th 2015, 3:05 am

It is not just your forum.  I have had issues with the support forum loading in the last hour, but my forums load fine.

[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ECC9pb2 July 15th 2015, 1:30 pm

Idk im new.
ECC9pb2

Language : HUN

http://gamersspro.forumpromo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 15th 2015, 1:41 pm

ECC9pb2 wrote:Idk im new.
Please avoid posting off topic responses. 

Thanks!
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by DVAted July 16th 2015, 12:42 am

It's been a few days, now, and we haven't had other problems till today. Apparently, without modifying any setting in my profile, posting in a topic doesn't subscribe me to it anymore, for notifications. I still get notifications from older topics, but on new topics, no more. I regularly delete my notifications, so reaching a maximum of them is not the problem (they're at 6 now, were at about 621 before)

I checked my profile settings. Where it says:
"Display a notification when new replies are written :
You'll be warned if a reply was posted while you where writing a reply to the same topic"
I have "YES" as I've always had. So why don't I see notifications for replies on new topics anymore? Do I have to click the "watch this topic" button manually each time after I reply to one? Would that also make it so that I receive e-mails of any replies? I wouldn't want that. That setting:
"Always notify me of replies :
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post."
is set to NO because I don't need that many e-mails. It's always been set to NO.

So did something change?
my site link is gunetwork.org
DVAted
DVAted
Forumember

http://gunetwork.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DVAted July 16th 2015, 10:25 pm

Can I bump this without anyone getting mad at me? Razz it's been over 24 hours, right?
DVAted
DVAted
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 16th 2015, 11:25 pm

We have not receive any more information.

Exactly it is has not been 24 hours.

Yesterday at 5:42 pm
Today at 3:25 pm

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DVAted July 17th 2015, 4:57 pm

Pff I was off by 2 hours. My bad.

Still, the new topics I reply to on my forum lately no longer show up in my notifications and I don't know how to make it work again. Any help would be appreciated
DVAted
DVAted
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 17th 2015, 6:24 pm

try and un-watch it then make a post in your forum then watch it again some times doing so will boot our server in to shape

[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Left1212[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Center11[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Right112
[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Ape_b110
[Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next