The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests

5 posters

Go down

Solved Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 29th 2016, 10:24 am

Hello,

I'm trying out a new forum. I've never done this before, so it's a completely new experience, and it's been a little slow in terms of activity on my new forum, but I want to give it a try for a certain time period. (And I want to say the Forumotion staff has been very nice and very helpful to this novice, so thank you!)

In mid-May of this year, I spent 500 credits to pay for 6 months of no ads for my members (so no ads up to mid-November 2016 for members). So at the time, I didn't spend credits to get rid of ads for my guests, but I now would like to do that, since the ads that appear while on the mobile phones can test one's patience. So I planned to spend 500 credits today to remove the ads for guests, thinking that it would buy me 6 months of no ads from now to about the end of December 2016.

However, there was no option to spend the credits just for guests, and instead, some of the credits were used to remove ads for guests from today until August 29, 2016 (3 months) and half of the credits were used to extend the period to remove ads for members (from mid-November when the ad-free period was set to expire, to mid-January 2017).

Is there a way I could designate the credits I spent today to remove ads solely for guests (to buy 6 months of ad-free time for guests only, as I did when I spent 500 credits in May for 6 months of ad-free time for members only), instead of splitting the the time period in half 50% (3 months) for guests and 50% (3 months) for members? It doesn't make sense that every time I spend credits, the time period expires for guests 4.5 months before they expire for members, since ideally, one would want to have roughly the same time period to be ad-free for everyone at the same time. I basically want the guests to come closer to "catching up" with the members, because I rather not allow the guests to have to deal with the ads for the time gap between the guests (ad-free period expires for guests August 29) and the members (ad-free period expires for members mid-January 2017).

I would have to keep spending 500 credits every 3 months (instead of every 6 months) to remove the ads for guests, because of the lack of option, because I am compelled to use half of those credits to extend time for members (when I'm not sure if I want to spend the credits for that extension). Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm conveying clearly what I'm trying to say.

Thank you in advance for your help.

CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Language : English

http://darrencrissfanforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests

Post by Nemo June 29th 2016, 10:56 am

Hello,

I will bring this to @Leviosa's attention.
In order to better understand your request, would you like to cancel the payment for the deactivation of the ads for the members because you would like them to use the credits for the deactivation of the ads for members and guests ?

Hello
Nemo
Nemo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
Language : Greek, English, French

http://www.helpgr.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests

Post by Shadow June 29th 2016, 12:45 pm

Hello,

I don't know if you have noticed but you have the possibility to disable ads for members and guests. This is just for future reference.

So now about your problem, here what I'm proposing. We delete the 6 months without ads for members only in your history and we inject the 2 months that were supposed to be left in that in the 2 months without ads for members and guests. What do you think?

Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests P10

Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 29th 2016, 1:07 pm

Hello Nemo and Leviosa,

Thank you for both your replies.

Note: I need to correct something, because I misspoke earlier. Today, I bought 500 credits through PayPal, but I guess the option of deactivating the ads for both guests and members uses a slightly different formula than that used for deactivating ads for members only, because there was no option to spend exactly 500 credits if I wanted to deactivate for both guests and members. It costs 600 credits to deactivate ads for 3 months for members and also for 3 months for guests. Since I only had 500 credits today, I chose the option of spending 400 credits to deactivate ads for 2 months for members and also for 2 months for guests. So I have 100 credits unspent from the 500 credits that I had bought today.

But in answer to Nemo's question, this is what I would propose: If I add the 100 credits that I have in the bank (since today, I bought 500 credits but only spent 400 credits) to the 500 credits I bought in mid-May, I would like to use the 600 credits for 3 months of ad-free time for members and 3 months of ad-free time for guests (instead of 6 months of ad-free time for members only). So hopefully, I will have 5 months of ad-free time for both guests and members (2 months from today's 400 credits, and another 3 months from the 600 credits). Is that ok?

I could also delete the 6 months of ad-free time for members only that I bought in May, but that would seem more complicated? (I would have to be credited for the 500 credits I spent in May, and then I would do another transaction by making another purchase for 2-3 more months of ad-free time for both guests and members.)

Thank you again for your help.

CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow June 29th 2016, 2:00 pm

I can ask but frankly that's kind of complicated. If we add the months as I sais earlier it is way simplier I think. And then you can purchase credits later to disable the ads for members and guests when the 4 months are over.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 June 29th 2016, 11:00 pm

Leviosa, thanks for your reply.

Is it possible that you can arrange to have the 500 credits that I spent in May credited to my forum's Credit History? That hopefully would be less complicated, I could see the results fairly quickly, and then I can use the 500 credits to buy more ad-free time for both guests and members.

I would like to avoid having to have PayPal credit the money I spent to purchase the 500 credits in May, because first, I think it may be unlikely they would return/credit me that monetary sum, since I made that expenditure almost 2 months ago (and I wouldn't want to lose those 500 credits), and secondly, it may take weeks for them to act upon returning the amount charged on my PayPal account, so I would have to wait to see if the refund appears on my PayPal account.

Thank you for your help.
CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 29th 2016, 11:51 pm

I Don't think you get our pro admin right she will not send you money back on your PayPal account she will just change the sum left on your account on your forum. so you can use the credits as you need to.

Leviosa wrote:So now about your problem, here what I'm proposing. We delete the 6 months without ads for members only in your history and we inject the 2 months that were supposed to be left in that in the 2 months without ads for members and guests. What do you think?

As you can see she will remove the ad's for all your members and then set it to 2 months without ad's to members and Guests as you used 2 months already That would have left you with 4 months but as the cost of guests and members is more she will make the change but it will cost you 200 credits from your credits you have already spent.

Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Left1212Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Center11Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Right112
Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Ape_b110
Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 July 1st 2016, 11:59 am

Hello,

Ok, so I asked a friend to read our conversation, and I think I misunderstood a lot of what was said, plus my math calculations were off. (Sorry, about that. Embarassed)

May 16

--I purchased 500 credits through PayPal, choosing the option of no ads for members for 6 months.
--I used 2 months of that 6 months, (May 16-July 16). So I used about 200 credits, leaving 300 credits still available (of the 500 credits).

Leviosa wrote: So now about your problem, here what I'm proposing. We delete the 6 months without ads for members only in your history and we inject the 2 months that were supposed to be left in that in the 2 months without ads for members and guests. What do you think?

--So if I am understanding correctly, you are proposing that of the 300 credits left from the May 16 transaction, that I apply that to 2 months without ads for members and guests (which would really cost 400 credits, so that's really nice of you).

June 29, 2016

--I purchased 500 credits through PayPal, choosing the option of no ads for members and guests for 2 months, using 400 of the 500 credits.
--I have 100 credits saved in my forum's Credit Account, from my purchase of credits on June 29. If you wish, you may take the 100 credits, since I owe you 100 credits.

Please let me know if this is fine. I apologize for not understanding previously. Smile

My forum is http://darrencrissfanforum.forumotion.com/

Thank you for your patience and generosity.

CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow July 1st 2016, 12:22 pm

I don't understand what is it you want...
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 July 1st 2016, 1:13 pm

Hello Leviosa,

I apologize if I'm being unclear.

Leviosa wrote: So now about your problem, here what I'm proposing. We delete the 6 months without ads for members only in your history and we inject the 2 months that were supposed to be left in that in the 2 months without ads for members and guests. What do you think?

I was trying to see if I understood you correctly, by stating what I think you are saying, but it seems I am confusing you. In short, I'll take you up on your offer, to use the May 16 credits to be used for 2 months without ads for members and guests. If I owe you any credits, please let me know. (I think I owe you 100 credits, but am not sure.)
CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow July 1st 2016, 2:20 pm

Yes this is what I was proposing. So I'm going to ask for that.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 July 2nd 2016, 8:18 am

Thank you.
CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow July 4th 2016, 10:23 am

Okay, so it is done. If you go to your forum in your A.P > misc > summary > ads you can see the ads are desactivated for both members and guests until until 29 Oct 2016 and we refund you 100 credits.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CalvinNHobbs2 July 4th 2016, 12:43 pm

Leviosa,

Thank you! I appreciate it! And thanks for your patience too. Hope you have a good week.

SOLVED!
CalvinNHobbs2
CalvinNHobbs2
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g July 4th 2016, 3:38 pm

Problem solved & topic archived. ~ brandon_g
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Tme periods for no adds (due to credits purchased) for members versus guests Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down