The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

+37
Draxion
JennyorAlice
LoneWolf61
mahmoud gilany
Obscure
mSyx
The Last Outlaw
texan
Ape
TheCrow
mpelmmc
Tonight
!redlove!
Beyonder
SWS
skouliki
tillytiger99
Mihai
Malum
Abdalah tupe2
Dr Jay
OLC CREATORS
Van-Helsing
ZuniThoang
levy
Rhino.Freak
Zzbaivong
Poser
YoshiGM
BlackScorpion
Shadow.
Mimóza
brandon_g
Nemo
SLGray
SocialAcademy
Ange Tuteur
41 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Empty Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Ange Tuteur August 5th 2016, 2:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,

Since November 2015 I've been working on developing a new "forum version" for Forumotion forums that's modern and responsive. Today I've recently published the production release of this software and would like to share it with all of you who are looking for a more modern design that's also mobile-friendly. Wink

Forumactif Edge features :

• Modern mobile-friendly design.
  • Smart automated control panel that assists you with installation and other tasks.
  • Dynamic theme selector so your members can browse in the color they prefer.
  • Side panels for widgets and quick navigation so your forum has maximum space and accessibility.
  • Automatic color coding of posts based on usergroup affiliation.
  • Built in counter for reputation votes.
  • and more...

Forumactif Edge will constantly evolve because it's open source and managed by the community. That means we'll take feedback, suggestions, and reports from the community -- that's right, your voice can shape the future of this project ! If you'd like to install Forumactif Edge on your Forumotion forum, please see the wiki link below which includes detailed instructions on how to install the theme along with additional information on Forumactif Edge that's constantly changing.

Installation Tutorial : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Installing

Not ready to install yet ? No problem ! Take a look around, check out the FAQ and previews below, or visit our website link below to learn more about what Forumactif Edge has to offer !

FAQ

Do you have any questions or concerns about Forumactif Edge ? If so, feel free to check out our FAQ page or leave a reply below with your question ! We're always ready to answer your questions ! Wink

Previews

Mobile Preview : Forumactif Edge is responsive, so that means it's mobile-friendly ! Don't believe it ? Check out Google's Mobile-Friendly test !
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Mobile10

Feature Preview : Forumactif Edge comes with a theme changer that allows your members to browse in the color of their choice, and to give your forum maximum space it docks widgets to a side panel !
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 RrAWjWL

Full Page Screenshots

Click any of the links below to see a full page screen shot of Forumactif Edge in action.

DesktopMobile
HomepageHomepage (Mobile)
TopicsTopics (Mobile)
Forumactif Edge Control PanelN/A

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave them below. I hope all of you enjoy this theme as much as I have making it. Mr. Green

Last edited by Ange Tuteur on March 18th 2017, 12:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

SLGray, Jadster, .:Xx4NG3LxX:. and px4ev like this post

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Ange Tuteur March 23rd 2017, 4:50 pm

You're welcome, I'm glad you figured it out. For future reference, when using CSS you always add new rules ( or "code" ) at the bottom of your stylesheet, unless stated otherwise. Removing existing CSS will usually result in the forum losing its current theme or style.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by BlackScorpion March 23rd 2017, 11:03 pm

Broomhilda wrote:Thank you so much..

Now do I remove the CSS codes that are already there and put this in..or do I add it under what you all ready have there..I don't know how to use the transparent in my Photoshop..I have never used it..and I do want to keep the default gray background..

EDIT:
OMGosh..I did it lol..I copied and pasted the CSS you already had in there onto Open Office just in case..and then I took this new information and put it under what you all ready had..and took out that one part keeping the default gray..then added the picture it worked..

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Firefo10

Now this is just a sample to see what I need to make a better one..but it worked and I like it

Thank you sooo much

Welcome to the world of CSS editing Smile just be careful not to screw things up. Before i do any type of editing on my forum(s)on the stylesheet or templates, i usually make a hard copy of the original on my desktop just in case something goes wrong. I also make and keep a copy of my forum, i copy it monthly , just in case something happens. i know it's over kill but you never know. Smile
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 24th 2017, 1:02 am

Ange Tuteur I am so glad I didn't delete anything and just took my chances and kept it and just added the new..

BlackScorpion I think I will just keep the coding things to the pros lol..I just took a wild guess..I am thinking I should do the same thing and make a copy of the forum monthly..now how do I do that..I know there was somewhere on here I seen that..but if what I think it means it takes me back to far when I want to save..and what I had added to the forum after saving won't be there the next time I save..shoot I have serious problems trying to explaining things..technical sorry..I know what I mean I just don't know how to explain it..sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 24th 2017, 2:02 am

Broomhilda wrote:Ange Tuteur I am so glad I didn't delete anything and just took my chances and kept it and just added the new..

BlackScorpion I think I will just keep the coding things to the pros lol..I just took a wild guess..I am thinking I should do the same thing and make a copy of the forum monthly..now how do I do that..I know there was somewhere on here I seen that..but if what I think it means it takes me back to far when I want to save..and what I had added to the forum after saving won't be there the next time I save..shoot I have serious problems trying to explaining things..technical sorry..I know what I mean I just don't know how to explain it..sorry

Yes there is a backup done by Forumotion, which can be done thru the Founders Tool The way i do it, is to actually copy all the scripts manaually, copying the codes and pasting them to a notepad program, in my case TextWrangler. I just copy and paste my CSS, Templates, JavaScripts and HTML codes i have on my site. It takes a lot of time , but i think it's worth it, if something happens i can always replace it with the original copy. I know Overkill...
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 24th 2017, 2:15 am

Overkill is good..I tend to get so excited about something that I accomplished and then mess the next things up..lol..Shocked

I know I will be doing what you do..just to be on the safe side.. Mr. Green

Thank you again for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 24th 2017, 2:16 am

Broomhilda wrote:Overkill is good..I tend to get so excited about something that I accomplished and then mess the next things up..lol..Shocked

I know I will be doing what you do..just to be on the safe side.. Mr. Green

Thank you again for your help Very Happy

Your welcome, it's what were here for.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 24th 2017, 7:16 pm

Translation Update

Greetings everyone ! As you may already know, Forumactif Edge is provided in multiple languages, with each translation submitted by the community. Today I've come to announce a small update regarding new translations for v1.2.0 and our web page. The translation information will be listed below for anyone who may be interested in contributing.

Web Page

To celebrate the 1.2.0 milestone of Forumactif Edge, a web page was created to showcase FAE and tell people about what it has to offer. Providing this page in different languages will help us spread the word of Forumactif Edge even further, which is why I've developed a tool for translating it easily. If you would like to help translate this web page into other languages, then please follow the steps below.

1. Open this link in a new tab to use our translation tool.
  2. Use the "Translations" column to begin translating the web page, and use the preview on the right to see how things will look. (See example)
  3. When you're done translating ( or just need a break ) copy the translated web page code from the big textarea and save it to a text document. You can paste your code back into this textarea, and click the "Update Translation" button to start off where you last left off.
  4. When you're finished translating the web page, let us know by opening a topic here, with the following information.

Topic Title : Forumactif Edge Web Page - {LANGUAGE} Translation
*Replace {LANGUAGE} with the name of the language the translation is meant for. e.g. French, Italian, German

Message : In your message you should include the translated web page in the [code] tags, and any other information you'd like to include.

If any questions, feel free to contact me.

Forumactif Edge

v1.2.0 of Forumactif Edge introduced a number of new features and additions to the Control Panel. The translation aliases added for v1.2.0 allow you to translate the following elements of Forumactif Edge.

For more information regarding translations, please check out our wiki.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdalah tupe2 March 24th 2017, 8:27 pm

Nice work !

But could you give me a fix for this problem, Please ?

The problem is in ARABIC language [From Right to left]

look how the forum design looks when i turned it to arabic

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Acaptu10

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Captuq10

I HAD FIXED IT BY CHANGE SITTING OF THEME BY CHOSE YES TO [Right to left]

Last edited by Abdalah tupe2 on March 24th 2017, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abdalah tupe2
Forumember

Language : arabic,english,turkish,france

http://www.pubarab.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 24th 2017, 8:54 pm

Hi @Abdalah tupe2,

After installing, did you import a RTL theme from theme management ?
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Captur24

The default install is a LTR theme, so you need to change to a RTL theme after installation. Afterwards the theme should appear as below.
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Genera10
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdalah tupe2 March 24th 2017, 8:59 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:Hi @Abdalah tupe2,

After installing, did you import a RTL theme from theme management ?
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Captur24

The default install is a LTR theme, so you need to change to a RTL theme after installation. Afterwards the theme should appear as below.
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Genera10

Yes i had do it already .. and was came to edit my post i see your quick reply

THANKS luv
Abdalah tupe2
Forumember

Language : arabic,english,turkish,france

http://www.pubarab.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 24th 2017, 9:22 pm

You're welcome. ^^

If you have anymore questions about the theme feel free to ask here or check out the FAE Control Panel Guide on the wiki. The FAE Control Panel is used for making most changes to your theme, so it's good to take a look over the guide when you have time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy Forumactif Edge. Smile

Have a good weekend. :rose:
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Malum March 24th 2017, 9:49 pm

I love this theme. Great job and thank you!
Malum
Malum
Forumember

Female Posts : 174

https://fandomtopia.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2017, 12:26 am

Hi Ange Tuteur

First I wanted to say I am still loving this new theme lol..

I have a question I did make a post on it..but not coming up with a solution..so figured this is your baby I will ask you..I had some Rank/Legend buttons made and would like to replace the ones you have for the ones I had made..can you help me on this please..

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do this..

Thank you for your help..

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 27th 2017, 1:18 am

Have you checked out FM Design?

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2017, 1:56 am

Gray for what????

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 27th 2017, 2:03 am

That is Ange Tuteur's forum.   There are members who help others with Edge.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2017, 2:10 am

Sorry, I figured since this is his theme I thought he might be able to help me out as well..sorry again...

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 27th 2017, 2:27 am

Yes, Ange Tuteur can help when he logs on.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Empty v1.2.1

Post by Ange Tuteur March 27th 2017, 9:13 pm

Update v1.2.1

Version 1.2.1 of Forumactif Edge is now available ! This patch updates translations, fixes a few things, and highlights some changes made to the FAE CP.

• Added Colors tab to the FAE Control Panel.
  • Added Welcome and Version Information messages to the FAE Control Panel.
  • Added translation support for new features that were introduced in v1.2.0. (see more)
  • Updated Spanish translation. (Thanks to Laura)
  • Updated Portuguese translation. (Thanks to Harleen)
  • Co-Admins are now allowed to use the Configuration section of the FAE Control Panel. (see co-admin actions)
  • Tidied up the Control Panel by placing each section into a tab.
  • Fixed <hr> style and size.

Release Link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.1

Need help?
Don't know how to update Forumactif Edge ? Click the following link to find out how !
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Checking-for-updates
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 28th 2017, 2:29 am

OK that's it!! @Ange Tuteur you are only allowed to update your theme once a month., nuff said I HAVE SPOKEN!!... Razz Razz Razz

Dang, another update, that's like 3 this month alone. You sir are the man. rock Yes
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 29th 2017, 9:16 pm

Haha, you better be prepared, because v1.2.2 is being worked on. (eta fri or mon) Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Naughty Mainly fixes a issue on Firefox and updates translations.

What with new translations and bugs that need fixing, there's probably going to be a few more updates to send out. It's to be expected since I released a big update recently. Razz
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 30th 2017, 4:09 am

Thank you for fixing those bugs..

I have for now one more question..
I am about ready to upgrade my Windows from Vista to Windows 7...how will that affect this theme and my forum..

I am not much into change not at least at 56 lol.. Toothless but I think it's best and I am terrified of doing this.. shaking

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 30th 2017, 10:33 pm

Broomhilda wrote:Thank you for fixing those bugs..

I have for now one more question..
I am about ready to upgrade my Windows from Vista to Windows 7...how will that affect this theme and my forum..

I am not much into change not at least at 56 lol.. Toothless but I think it's best and I am terrified of doing this.. shaking
It shouldn't affect your forum and theme that much or at all. Wink The only time there may be more differences in your forum / theme is if you're using an older browser or switching to a new browser.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 1st 2017, 3:40 am

Thank you Ange Tuteur..
My computer is to old and outdated to upgrade..and as of now I don't have anymore questions lol..and loving this new theme..

EDIT:
Ok something is wrong..I had to do a factory restore on the computer yesterday and again today..but that shouldn't have affected my forum or the theme but..the words on the navigation bar has changed color from black to white..my color on my banner has changed color..but that shouldn't have been affected by anything I have done??? and now my Legend buttons are all messed up..and some of the colors on the words like Moderator and a few others are white instead of black..and at the very top with the Search it is now brown instead of either black or grey..??????

You can see it all on my home page.. Homepage

Nothing should have been affected by this factory restore..

And I just did an update in the FAE Control Panel..just in case I had missed any when I was working on this computer..omgosh..

Now what have I done..????

EDIT:
I think that factory restore had messed up my theme..because it did the same thing on the test site..now I went ahead and redid everything..had to put everything back in there..or at least most of it for now..getting late..brain farting lol..

I forgot to take pictures before I started this..sorry..

Back to top Go down

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Empty v1.2.2

Post by Ange Tuteur April 3rd 2017, 8:26 pm

@Broomhilda I checked in on your forum and it seems to look fine. Is everything okay now ?

Sorry for the late reply btw, I've been busy over the weekend and hadn't checked in.

Update v1.2.2

Version 1.2.2 of Forumactif Edge is now available ! This patch updates the theme selector UI, fixes theme option colors not showing on Firefox, and updates translations.

• Added Russian translation. (Thanks to Ivan)
  • Updated Greek translation. (Thanks to Van-Helsing)
  • Updated FAE Control Panel to support your selected theme settings.
  • Updated the theme selector UI.
  • Fixed theme colors not showing in the theme selector on Firefox.

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.2

Help
Don't know how to update Forumactif Edge ? Click the following link to find out how !
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 3rd 2017, 10:49 pm

It's ok Ange Tuteur..everything is good now and real life is more important lol....for some reason when I did that factory restore..it changed everything with the colors..I went back and reinstalled it..and it took it back to the original..and then I was able to go in and put all the colors, banner and all that back in..it was so easy..and about ready to put my Legend buttons back in and my other buttons/icons I had made..

I have a friend who has a Forumotion site..and she changed it to a new theme but it's not working for IE or Chrome..so she asked me about this one..and told her omgosh it is so easy..and told her to go to my test site and play around on there..and if she messes up it's ok it's easy to fix..haven't heard back from her yet..she is in the UK..I told her once she plays around with that come over to my site and I would add her as an Admin and she can see then all what changes I had made to it and the differences with the test site..

I don't have any normal active members so I can't really tell if there is any hiccups on that end..with IE or Chrome..as for Firefox it is working great on my end..

I also gave her this link so she can read up on everything..including since I got this..

I also told her you was a sweetheart Mr. Green and you was usually only on here through the week..but occasionally on weekends and you would bend over backwards to do what you can to help..

Thank you for the updates got them in already lol..and thank you for all your help..

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion April 4th 2017, 2:28 am

Ange Tuteur wrote:@Broomhilda I checked in on your forum and it seems to look fine. Is everything okay now ?

Sorry for the late reply btw, I've been busy over the weekend and hadn't checked in.

Update v1.2.2

Version 1.2.2 of Forumactif Edge is now available ! This patch updates the theme selector UI, fixes theme option colors not showing on Firefox, and updates translations.

• Added Russian translation. (Thanks to Ivan)
  • Updated Greek translation. (Thanks to Van-Helsing)
  • Updated FAE Control Panel to support your selected theme settings.
  • Updated the theme selector UI.
  • Fixed theme colors not showing in the theme selector on Firefox.

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.2

Help

Unbelievable, another update!
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 B015c211
Thank you once again for your continued dedication to the Forumotion Community.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 14th 2017, 8:42 pm

Update v1.2.3

Forumactif Edge version 1.2.3 is now available ! This patch fixes a handful of bugs with the theme selector, fixes a bug on non-utf8 forums, and updates the French translation.

• Updated French translation. (Thanks to Gae and DDril)
  • Fixed message editor overlapping theme selector drop down.
  • Fixed the forum moving down when the custom theme option was chosen in the theme selector.
  • Fixed theme selector drop down causing a large amount of whitespace below the forum when placed in the footer.
  • Fixed accented and special characters becoming corrupted on non-utf8 forums when sent over AJAX. (Thanks to Milouze14 for testing this fix)

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.3

Help
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihai April 14th 2017, 9:53 pm

thanks for the update, my forum is in romanian, and i already installed Very Happy!
Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 289g1o2

Last edited by mihaisupport on April 15th 2017, 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mihai
Mihai
Forumember

Male Posts : 819
Language : Romanian, English

https://allprojects.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion April 15th 2017, 6:18 am

Ange Tuteur wrote:

Update v1.2.3

Forumactif Edge version 1.2.3 is now available ! This patch fixes a handful of bugs with the theme selector, fixes a bug on non-utf8 forums, and updates the French translation.

• Updated French translation. (Thanks to Gae and DDril)
  • Fixed message editor overlapping theme selector drop down.
  • Fixed the forum moving down when the custom theme option was chosen in the theme selector.
  • Fixed theme selector drop down causing a large amount of whitespace below the forum when placed in the footer.
  • Fixed accented and special characters becoming corrupted on non-utf8 forums when sent over AJAX. (Thanks to Milouze14 for testing this fix)

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.3

Help

Another one!!

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 4 Bow_do10
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next