The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

[ONLY TOPIC] Malicious / Inappropriate Ads

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pro Admin [ONLY TOPIC] Malicious / Inappropriate Ads

Post by APE on August 6th 2016, 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

[ONLY TOPIC] Malicious / Inappropriate Ads

As you know we have had a number of Complaints about our Ad's
We are working hard with you and our ad's provider's to get this fixed and we are asking for you to help us find the ad's that are the problem.

Here is a list of Ad's you are reporting to us:
Inappropriate Ad's (sexual contents)
Malicious Ad's

If you have any of the following Ad's This is now the place to report them all.

For us to do the job right we need some really important information from the Ad's and from you the members.

The information we need:
- Url of your forum:
- Ads displayed on PC, on tablet, on mobile (android, apple,...):
- Image location (copy and then past here):
- Screen shot of the Ad's:

How to get the information we need for the ad's:

- The link location (copy and then past here)

- Link on the ads and copy-past the final link

Thanks for your patience.

†For Pop up redirection Ad's :
Please see the following thread††http://help.forumotion.com/t145609-only-topic-ads-redirection-mobile-pc#997361

Regards Forumotion Team

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9465
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Malware Scam popup when click log in on my message board

Post by Repa on March 15th 2017, 6:26 pm

I am the administrator and co-founder of geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net. I have not been on the forum since Dec 2016 because everyone has moved to social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) so there is not much traffic there anymore. However, today when I clicked the Log in link on the menu bar, I got several popups and a voice telling me not to shut off my computer, I had a virus and to call a certain number. I know about this scam and just used the power button to shutdown, went into safe mode and restored my computer to an earlier time, ran a couple of malware scans just to be sure, and now here I am. What can you do at Forumotion.com to make my message board safe to register and log in again? Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.

Repa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Malicious / Inappropriate Ads

Post by APE on March 15th 2017, 6:46 pm

Hello I have merged this topic as its already open to a problem please read the first thread and post the right data we have asked for.

Thank you.

Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Last edited by APE on March 16th 2017, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9465
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on March 15th 2017, 10:12 pm

Topic Merged With this One.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 38044
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragongirl02 on March 26th 2017, 11:25 pm

Iíve not heard an update from @Chapo in awhile. Seem the wheel ads are not appearing as of this post, but I could be wrong. I would move sooner if I had time to research new host candidates but my schedule is a little bit too busy to do so. Thatís the only reason you have to June to July to prove you arenít supporting scams by allowing scam banners ads to be around the forum sites.
Plus you will also need to:
1. Step up the pace other sites Iím on are way faster in getting rid of these bad banner ads then you are. Seems other only take about a week you are about to go past a half a year soon and not all the old ones are gone. Plus Iím seeing new ones scammers seem to be after Walmart again.
2. If you must have the annoying pop-ups, make sure they are not going to bad sites.
I was just testing it on my phone and I got a fake virus warning from Google and thatís one example of something that I canít allow. Also, make sure it easy to navigate back to the original page. Most people get annoyed if the redirected to a page they did not want to be sent to and can't get back to the intended location, have the opening in a new tab/window could solve that.

As of this time, Iím still thinking I mad a big mistake in trusting you folks, during the move to here I was in a bit of a rush. If you can't complete the above three task by June-July I will most likely be moving again. As for, the ad credits I bought I will just have to put down a loss. At this time you will also be labeled as a bad host that lies and supports scam banner ads and pop-ups. In order to prove you are not scam banner ad supporters, you will need to fix all the above issues before June. Since in June I will have time to check out new host if
you have not proven yourself and move to a new host.

Dragongirl02
Forumember

Female Posts : 48
Language : English

http://friendlyforest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum