The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Registering...

3 posters

Go down

Solved New Members Registering...

Post by davidl October 25th 2016, 4:57 pm

For weeks now any New Member Registering on My Forum has to be Activated by Me, it was never like this previous and I havn`t altered anything....Can Someone tell Me what I need to alter so New Members are Automatically Activated as I feel this is putting New Members off......if they are Registering and then not able to access the Forum they never seem to come back once I have Activated them manually.

Thanks in advance... Smile Smile
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Members Registering...

Post by Ape October 25th 2016, 5:03 pm

davidl wrote:For weeks now any New Member Registering on My Forum has to be Activated by Me, it was never like this previous and I havn`t altered anything....Can Someone tell Me what I need to alter so New Members are Automatically Activated as I feel this is putting New Members off......if they are Registering and then not able to access the Forum they never seem to come back once I have Activated them manually.

Thanks in advance... Smile Smile

Hello @davidl Hello

this was a problem with a code on our systems it has been fixed now but you will need to change the setting back to how you want it

for more info please read here.
https://help.forumotion.com/t148632-new-people-signing-up-not-coming-through#1028131

we are sorry for the mishap and thank you for your understanding.

APE and the team.

New Members Registering... Left1212New Members Registering... Center11New Members Registering... Right112
New Members Registering... Ape_b110
New Members Registering... Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl October 25th 2016, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the info APE, I have had a read through the Topic...in My Admin it gives Me this option;

New accounts activation : No activation, User, Admin

If I want it so the New Member is Automatically Activated, without Me having to manually Activate their Account do I click on User ?

Thanks.
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g October 25th 2016, 5:54 pm

You can click on user, which have the user have to activate their account through their email (which is more secure and might keep potential spammers out) or you could click no activation which means the system will automatically activate the account once the user finishes registering.

Now if your acp has either option already ticked but you still have to activate all accounts then it probably means your forum is inactive right now and as a result the system is going to make admins activate all new accounts manually as a security precaution until the forum gets re active again (all you have to do is post around a couple times every day or every other day), once your forum is re active again the system will automatically revert back to whatever setting you have ticked.

The above is only the case if the option is already ticked to user or no activation, if it isnt then you should be able to tick either option and hit save and it will go through.

-Brandon

New Members Registering... Brando10
Remember to mark your topic New Members Registering... Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

New Members Registering... Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl October 26th 2016, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the help and info Brandon_g , I think the User Activating their Account through email is the best option as You suggest, if they are genuine and not a Spammer it is little enough to ask of them...plus it will mean I do not need to manually Active their Account, which I feel sometimes looses these Users.

Thanks again, I will mark this Topic solved... banana
davidl
davidl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g October 26th 2016, 2:41 pm

Glad I could help. Your welcome anytime!

-Brandon

Topic solved and archived ~ brandon_g
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

New Members Registering... Brando10
Remember to mark your topic New Members Registering... Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

New Members Registering... Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down